LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

He's coming..................the Laremy Tunsil(OT-Ole Miss) Thread!

Laremy Tunsil, potentially the top tackle in the upcoming draft is returning to action.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13875710/laremy-tunsil-ole-miss-rebels-eligible-return-suspension-oct-24-vs-texas-am

Ole Miss offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil will be eligible to return to action for the Rebels following Saturday's game against Memphis, sources told ESPN.com on Monday.

Tunsil has already missed six games while the NCAA investigates alleged improprieties. The Memphis game will extend his suspension to seven games, which means Tunsil will be back in the lineup for the Texas A&M game Oct. 24.

Ole Miss looking to have 3 guys go in the top 10 next draft.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 13, 2015 at 7:38 AM ]
What exactly was the issue with the suspension? I'm really worried about drafting idiots that early!
Originally posted by jreff22:
What exactly was the issue with the suspension? I'm really worried about drafting idiots that early!

He got a loaner car while his was repaired, the NCAA felt that he kept the loaner car for an excessive amount of time before turning it back in, thus citing it as an unapproved benefit of sorts.
Right now this is the guy I want for our team. Him in a zone blocking scheme would be so... delicious
Originally posted by shmuck:
Right now this is the guy I want for our team. Him in a zone blocking scheme would be so... delicious

The nice thing is that both Tunsil and Stanley are perfect fits in a zone blocking run scheme and both are very good pass blockers, tackles that are able to bend well at the knees and hold their own against speed rushers in particular. Highly athletic linemen that project out to be franchise left tackles in the NFL.
I can dig it
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

He got a loaner car while his was repaired, the NCAA felt that he kept the loaner car for an excessive amount of time before turning it back in, thus citing it as an unapproved benefit of sorts.

gotta love the NCAA
Haven't checked out the Tackle prospects in a few months but I like Ronnie Stanley more
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Haven't checked out the Tackle prospects in a few months but I like Ronnie Stanley more

Lets get them both!
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

Stanley is a bit better as a pass blocker but not nearly as good of a run blocker as Tunsil. One of the main questions about Stanley is his demeanor in terms of him being too passive, not always playing through the whistle, not having a real mean streak in him, something that he has admitted he is trying to work on.

Tunsil plays mean and aggressive, very feisty out on the field but has had injury issues.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 13, 2015 at 11:40 AM ]

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
I wonder what kind of car it was?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I can't stand the NCAA. They make tons of money off these kids and they suspend the kid for using the loaner car for "excessive amount of time". Such idiots!!
Originally posted by fropwns:
I wonder what kind of car it was?

Look bro, that Bugatti might have been a little garish but it was fairly equivalent to his 1998 Dodge Neon.
Should've gone to Free Shoes University and gotten his Escalade
I sure hope we're able to get this guy
Share 49ersWebzone