There are 160 users in the forums

Robert Nkemdiche-DL-Ole Miss

If the 49ers miss out on a top QB, Nkemdiche along with the OT's and Jaylon Smith could be an option. The one word that is repeatedly being used to describe him is "disruptive." OL's have not been able to stop him, he was living in Alabama's backfield and has the perfect build for a 3-4 DE along with superb athleticism. Throw him in with Ian Williams and Armstead and this team has the makings of a top notch young DL.

This is a 290 pound man running with the football.

http://www.secsports.com/video/11720293/robert-nkemdiche
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 9, 2015 at 12:44 PM ]
Great player, but I'm not sure he would be needed on our team. We need QB, OL, Passrush first.
Originally posted by daragon:
Great player, but I'm not sure he would be needed on our team. We need QB, OL, Passrush first.

This team needs playmakers all across the board. So in that light, guys like Nkemdiche or Bosa would be quite welcome. Its hard to overestimate the importance of having a truly dominant DL. If youve got multiple guys that can flat out overwhelm single blockers, that really makes life difficult on an offense and opens things up for other defensive players.

Other than Goff, I dont see any QB worth taking early. Say that the team really likes Stanley but he is off the board. Unless they can make a killing by trading down, I think that a dominant DE makes a lot of sense especially with Nkemdiche having the athleticism to constantly get into the backfield.

You put teams into 2nd and long....3rd and long consistently and every facet of your defense is suddenly better.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 9, 2015 at 1:31 PM ]
If they miss out on Goff and the OTs, I have no problem with Nkemdiche at all. He or Bosa could help make the defense elite again.
If we have a top 5 pick, select the best difference maker no matter position.

Nkemdiche is a playmaker.

If we're not drafting in top 5, forget about having a chance at grabbing him.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Oct 9, 2015 at 2:27 PM ]
Dude is a stud. But drafting him means Tank will never be a 3 down player
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
If we have a top 5 pick, select the best difference maker no matter position.

Nkemdiche is a playmaker.

If we're not drafting in top 5, forget about having a chance at grabbing him.

This. Looking at the various teams and remaining schedules, I think the Browns, Texans, 49ers, Saints and Bears appear to be the lowest teams on the totem pole, but of course Tampa, Jacksonville and Detroit are also lurking.

The Browns schedule in particular is just disgusting, they'll be lucky to win 1 or 2 more games the rest of the way.

If the 49ers were in position to draft a guy like Nkemdiche, I'd be all for it.
What do they do with Tank then? This essentially means his role is significantly diminished right?

A rookie QB in my opinion won't change this teams fortunes as much as fixing the D-line and O-line issues. Right now, its safe to say the defense is the weakest link. Get a D-line that can control the line of scrimmage and suddenly, we might have competent looking players on the back end. Not that we shouldn't draft a QB. I just wouldn't take one first.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
A rookie QB in my opinion won't change this teams fortunes as much as fixing the D-line and O-line issues. Right now, its safe to say the defense is the weakest link. Get a D-line that can control the line of scrimmage and suddenly, we might have competent looking players on the back end. Not that we shouldn't draft a QB. I just wouldn't take one first.

Totally agree. If we pick high and feel there is a true QB there to take, then take him, but we do this realizing next year or two will rough as well. If there is no QB, then we simply take the best player available.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
What I like about this guy is that he plays nasty and beats up O-lineman, he makes them pay for trying to block him. Another thing that I like about him is that he plays hard every play. I wouldn't be mad at all if Baalke drafted him or Bosa.
a disruptive d-liner would give us so many opportunities.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Totally agree. If we pick high and feel there is a true QB there to take, then take him, but we do this realizing next year or two will rough as well. If there is no QB, then we simply take the best player available.

Which is my thought as well. Never reach for a QB or any other position, with as many needs as this team has, BPA is a pretty good way to go if they have one of the top 5 picks. When you're choosing between guys like Bosa, Nkemdiche, Stanley and Tunsil it is pretty hard to go wrong with any one of them.
I'm all for it. This guy must've been a terror at RB in HS.

In light of Aldon Smith, I looked up some stuff on his character. Sounds like a young, star football player soaking up all the wild, rowdy, and insightful aspects of college life. So, nothing conclusive at the moment.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/timeline-ole-miss-troubles-2014-15/

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2015-09-24/ole-miss-robert-nkemdiche-stats-nfl-draft-zen-grateful-dead-pink-floyd

Also, I guess to further pull out the draft microscope, I read that his father's a doctor and his mother's a politician. I wonder if the Borland effect will come into play during draft time. Assuming that children are generally more likely to follow their parents' footsteps, Nkemdiche may have a few non-football options. How would those weigh in comparison to grinding in the trenches for 10+ years like Cowboy?
(Note: I have no hesitation in drafting him; just wondering if this gets raised during evaluations.)
"He moves like a man 50 pounds lighter than he is, showing terrific burst and agility to go along with power. With the possible exception of LSU true sophomore running back Leonard Fournette, Nkemdiche has been the nation's best player this season," Rang wrote. The 6-foot-4, 296-pound Nkemdiche's production has been down, but it's hard to blame him, when he's been drawing double and triple-teams. Nkemdiche has still shown the ability to be disruptive, while displaying freakish athleticism for a man of his size.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/25331921/nfl-draft-big-board-nkemdiche-or-bosa----who-deserves-no-1
Share 49ersWebzone