There are 239 users in the forums

2016 Top Prospects To Watch

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article20227839.html

Seniors

DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon (6-foot-6, 286 pounds): In 41 career games, he's made 148 tackles, 18.5 tackles for loss and 7.5 sacks with two forced fumbles.

Shilique Calhoun, DE, Michigan State (6-4, 257): He received a first-day grade from the NFL Draft Advisory Board for this year, having made 15.5 sacks, 26.5 tackles for loss, 26 quarterback hurries and three forced fumbles the past two years.

Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State (6-4, 218): He has completed 58.3 percent of his passes for 6,063 yards with 47 touchdowns and 15 interceptions.

Sheldon Day, DT, Notre Dame (6-2, 285): He has made 96 tackles, 16.5 tackles for loss and 3.5 sacks in his career.

Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State (6-7, 315): After 26 starts at right tackle, he moves to left tackle this season.

Josh Doctson, WR, TCU (6-3, 190): The Wyoming transfer has played 37 career games, making 136 receptions for 1,851 yards and 20 touchdowns.

Spencer Drango, OT, Baylor (6-5, 315): He enters his third season as the Bears' starting LT after the NFL Draft Advisory Board advised him to return.

Shawn Oakman, DE, Baylor (6-8, 278): The Penn State transfer, who had 18.5 tackles for loss and 10 sacks last season, would have been a top pick this year.

Dak Prescott, QB, Mississippi State (6-1, 230): He has completed 60.4 percent of his passes in his career for 5,583 yards with 41 touchdowns and 18 interceptions. He's also rushed for 1,933 yards and 31 touchdowns.

Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame (6-5, 315): He started 13 games at right tackle as a sophomore and 13 games at left tackle last season, allowing only one sack.

D'haquille Williams, WR, Auburn (6-2, 216): He made 45 receptions for 730 yards and five touchdowns in 10 games last season.

Underclassmen

Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State (6-5, 278 pounds): The early favorite to be the No. 1 overall pick after making 99 tackles, 34.5 tackles for loss and 21 sacks in two seasons.

Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech (6-0, 190): In 26 games, he's made 112 tackles and eight interceptions with 26 pass breakups.

Jared Goff, QB, Cal (6-4, 210): He broke 15 school records last season, including single-season passing yards (3,973) and touchdowns (35).

Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State (6-4, 234): In 25 games, he has completed 57.2 percent of his passes for 5,932 yards with 32 touchdowns and 25 interceptions.

Vernon Hargreaves, CB, Florida (5-11, 195): He has six interceptions in two seasons.

Myles Jack, OLB, UCLA (6-1, 230): In 26 games, he's made 163 tackles, 15 tackles for loss, three interceptions and 18 pass breakups.

Cardale Jones, QB, Ohio State (6-5, 250): He lacks experience but did the most with his opportunity with 742 passing yards and six total touchdowns in the Big Ten championship, Sugar Bowl and national title game.

Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Mississippi (6-4, 280): In 24 games, he has made 69 tackles, 12 tackles for loss and four sacks.

Emmanuel Ogbah, DE, Oklahoma State (6-4, 275): In 26 games, he has made 69 tackles, 22.5 tackles for loss, 15 sacks and seven quarterback hurries.

Laquon Treadwell, WR, Mississippi (6-2, 229): He has made 120 catches for 1,240 yards and 10 touchdowns but is recovering from a gruesome left leg injury.

Laremy Tunsil, OT, Mississippi (6-5, 305): Injuries are a concern after he missed two games with a biceps injury last season before fracturing his right fibula in the Peach Bowl.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article20227839.html#storylink=cpy
I didn't see his name, but I think Tyler Boyd needs to be on this list
Gunner Kiel just cause his name is perfect for a QB
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

He is a great prospect, could be the #2 or #3 qb in the draft
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

God I wish he never left Notre Dame, now Everett Golson is supposedly going to transfer.

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Depends if he comes out early, he'll be a junior this year.

Sounds like a hockey player
Originally posted by jreff22:
Sounds like a hockey player

Or a Norwegian hitman.
Originally posted by DarkShinobiX:
I didn't see his name, but I think Tyler Boyd needs to be on this list
I agree, Boyd is a stud. Fuller & Hargreaves are elite but Jalen Ramsey should've made it as well
Next year's class will be better than this one, and we have a bunch of picks! Hopefully we get atleast one 3rd comp pick. Agreed on Ramsey, best S of the class

DeForest Buckner is a more exciting and developed prospect to me than the one we ended up taking.
I really wish we could trade draft classes, 2016 is going to benefit us so much more.

That being said, Vadal Alexander needs to be on this thread,
My goal is to make him a 49erswebzone draft crush
I want WR Tyler Boyd from Pitt. WR is a need and I believe the 49ers dip back into the 1st round for Boyd if he's available when they are picking. Of course if he is available we probably sucked as he should go in the top 10.
[ Edited by IHATELOWELLCOHN on May 11, 2015 at 12:26 AM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Bosa
I remember liking Shawn Oakman and possibly wanting him in the 2015 draft. With a strong season he can catapult himself to being a top pick.

With that said, I actually hope that our DEs do so well this year that there will be no need to draft any defensive end.

On another note, it's never too early to start looking and now I have a few extra teams to keep my eye on once the CFB season starts.
My gut tells me that the 49ers will be drafting an OT in the first round next year.
Share 49ersWebzone