LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 328 users in the forums

What position do you hope we draft?

What position do you hope we draft?

• Chico
  • Veteran
Just curious...i'm hoping for DL. DL will make stars out of the LBs or CBs. I think we're set at all other positions.
BPA
DL or OLB.
If we are taking about at 15 (should specify) depends on the player but I'll go WR, CB, DL, OLB, RB, ILB (value not there but biggest need). I wouldn't be surprised all by OLB even though many will have it way down on the list. Can aldon get back to his old play and if so will he want too much? Will he want to test the market? Brooks and Lemonier should be gone before or after this year. Leaves us with Lynch, Aldon? and ?. I'd be fine waiting until next year too to see if Aldon re-signs long term and then if he doesn't take a OLB in the 1st to go with lynch. Wish there was an elite ILB worth taking at 15 because that's or biggest need right now but 2nd or 3rd round should do because we need someone to beat out Bishop (along with bowman/wilhoite)
I realize this isnt a need this season but as the draft draws nearer I am really getting behind Gurley. He to me is the best pure runner since Adrian Peterson to come out. He also has above average hands coming out of the backfield. I also do realize that he and Hyde are very similar runners but I think two power backs really enable you to beat on teams in the 4th quarter when defenses are worn down.

With that said I would be fine as well with a dlineman or another pass rusher.

Or we could fulfill my dreams in this draft and move up for Cooper but I seriously doubt that happens.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Apr 26, 2015 at 8:44 AM ]
  • bors
  • Veteran
Wr cb dl ol ilb ss
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
BPA

Agree. Haven't taken a BPA since Crabtree
  • dj43
If we truly are going back to power running with some passing plays tossed in, we need to make certain that the OLG spot is filled with a quality player. If Brandon Scherff should fall to 15, I would hope Baalke grabs him. He is a plug-and-play starter that would take us back to the time when Iupati was healthy and moving people out.

I like the Brandon Thomas story but I am not willing to put all my eggs in his basket.

If Scherff is not there, then I am good with BPA. In the case that Armstead is there, I take him and let Cowboy go to work on him.
Wr, rb. Dear God we need depth and we need to put points on the board!

f**king playmakers we need
DL or LB.

DL or OL or if they can somehow move up to get Cooper, if he falls between 7-10.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
BPA

Absolutely. BPA

If White or Cooper fall it's WR. IF shelton falls maybe it's DL. On and On. If nobody falls that we didn't expect to be there then maybe we trade back and get extra picks because there is good depth at most of the positions we covet.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Can we draft a new owner? Anybody would be an upgrade.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Honestly NT or CB. You can't run a 3-4 without a NT and IMO 9ers don't have a clear cut starter at CB. Brock sucks, Dontae Johnson showed potential but was shaky when he had to start. Chris Cook can't seem to stay healthy, Shareece Wright is burnt toast then you have question marks after that. Jimmie ward is fit to play inside and that's where they've envisioned him. So IMO the pick HAS to be NT or CB.
I want to see d. perryman picked in round 2 or 3. He would challenge for the starting spot from day 1. He is not the biggest, or fastest but he plays instinctually and has a way of finding the football. And he is a big hitter, which we have been lacking since goldsons departure ..
Share 49ersWebzone