LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

PYMWYMI - With the 15th Pick, the 49ers Select....

Please commit to one choice, even if that includes a trade. I will include "trade up" or "trade down" note so people don't get roasted. If I put a "?" by your name, that is what i take from your post. Please clarify if you want that changed. Remember, just pick one!

9RVOLS: Malcolm Brown
9erguy: MArcus Peters
Allx9er: Marcus Peters
Andra: Marcus Peters
AmpLee: DGB
braap49er: Leonard Williams
captain_planet: Kevin Johnson
CorvaNinerFan: Eddie Goldman
cools: Cameron Irving
Cheif: Trae Waynes
crew: Byron Jones (Trade down to 18)
dj43: Camron Erving
DonnieDarko: Byron Jones
Deepniner: Kevin White (trade up)
Eastie: Cameron Erving
Eli_23: Trae Waynes (trade up)
filthyrich49er: Amari Coper (trade up to #9)
flynhayn15: KEvin Johnson
frankieuc68: Byron Jones (trade down)
GoForGold: Eli Harold
Gore_21: Arik Armstead
gold49digger: Davonte Parker
GhostofFredDean74: Byron Jones (trade down)
HarbaughzDeep: Devin Smith (Trade down to late 1st round)
highway49: Malcolm Brown
hofer36: Brett Hundley
itlynstalyn: Danny Shelton
Ice49er: Marcus Peters (trade down)
jacklegniner: Carl Davis (trade down)
Jimrat: Amari Cooper (Trade up)
JR80Forever: Danny Shelton
Jr16702: Marcus Peters
Jrg: DGB
jrouter4949: DGB
KaeptinKrunch: Davante Parker (trade up)
Kolohe: Eddie Goldman
Kuya: Marcus Peters
Lazy: Arik Armstead
LZRD_WZRD: Marcus Peters
lucky_49: Marcus Peters
Mayo49: Davantae Parker (Trade up)
niners9: Byron Jones (Trade Down)
ninersush: MArcus PEters
NCommand: Eddie Goldman (trade down)
Nuns: Marcus Peters
Ny2ThaBay: Amari Cooper (Trade up to 6-8)
OtisDriftwood: Danny Shelton
reasonable1: Jaelen Strong
SanDiego49er: Trae Waynes
simplyfloyd: Amari Cooper (Trade up)
Since07: Todd Gurly
smifunk: Marcus Peters
strickac: Shane Ray
SFL49ER: Jaleen Strong (Trade down)
SofaKing: Todd Gurly
Southpaw79: Marcus Peters
StOnEy333: DGB
susweel: MArcus Peters
Timdiz: Marcus Peters
Tru2RedNGold25: Deante Parker (Trade up to #12)
valrod33: Davante Parker
Whosgotitbetter: Marcus Peters
Wu-5Rings: Marcus Peters?
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Apr 30, 2015 at 6:35 PM ]
Marcus Peters, Defensive Back, University of Washington..
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 29, 2015 at 6:56 PM ]
Originally posted by Timdiz:

Agree
Trade back and take Devin Smith in the late 1st.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's DGB. No better time to pick a troubled young WR than with Anquan Boldin available as a mentor. I just can't see any place on our team gaining a starter with a first round pick, so it makes sense we would pick for an upcoming hole next year. I think our coaches know what we have with our dline, LB, oline, and dbs and if we go any of those directions in the first, it's because the young guys in the wings aren't healthy or deemed up to the task. This is, of course a possibility, but it seems that we have a lot of young guys and vets that are ready to step up in these areas (Tank, Dial, Williams/Dorsey, Martin, Thomas, Looney, Wilhoite, Moody, Johnson, Acker/Reaser, etc.) Otherwise, I see a big and strong WR as the biggest need the following year which is why we go with one this year. Plus if Anquan goes down, we are going to need that big bodied, strong WR to replace him in the depth chart (something we don't have now at all). I don't know if DGB will be any good, but it makes the most sense from a depth chart perspective to get him now. Plus, I think CK might have some inside insight to how good DGB is from his time with him this summer. The amount of quiet has me thinking that we might really like this kid. This is more of a hunch than anything. I really don't think too highly or lowly of the kid, but it would make some sense.

Everytime I think of DGB, I can help but to think about those short arms.
brett hundley
Originally posted by hofer36:
brett hundley

Maybe as an UDFA. Maybe.
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
Trade back and take Devin Smith in the late 1st.

I like the way you think, but I'd rather trade back out of the first completely. Unless, of course, Jacksonville would be willing to trade down (assuming Leonard Williams is on the board).
This would be about 6-7 down on my list of wants but Armstead really has stuck out at me for a month plus now even before all the mock drafts from various sites started doing it. A couple of reasons why... 1. high potential (if anyone can get the most out of a dl it's tomsula) 2. wouldn't need him right away (with Docket/Carradine/Smith?/Williams/Dial). When Dockett is gone and/or Carradine is a FA he would be ready. 3. we visited with him (like 5 out of our last 6 1sts we visited with). Granted that last one can speak highly for DGB and about 5 others as well.

A few more predictions:

I think we are happy with Bowman and Wilhoite but we will take an ILB in round 2 or 3 to compete with Bishop for the last spot. Could very well take another one next year to compete with Wilhoite for his spot since he will very likely be re-signed.

I think all or just about all of Baalke's drafts we have taken a RB somewhere. I think Hayne goes to the PS and we go with Hyde, Bush, Hunter and/or rookie... we could count Millard as a rb as well and he could take over for Hunter to go with the rookie. Could also count him as the #2 FB. Anyways, back to RB I would say as early as round 1 all the way through round 4 is my guess but I'd say closer to 3 or 4.

There has been a lot of talk about CB but we did take one in the 1st last year after like a 12 year drought (mike rumph 02, although was s turned cb). Unless we count Ward as a SS and not a CB/backup S hybrid) I don't see us going CB in the 1st 2 years in a row. I guess it doesn't matter but maybe a better way of putting it is DB in the 1st 2 years in a row I doubt it. I think we would be fine with what we have now and Baalke has done a great job with late CB's. I would say at the earliest we draft one in the 2nd but 3rd or 4th possibly as well. Not sure a late round would make sense because we already have Acker, Reaser as those late round guys to fight for possibly 1 spot. Brock, Johnson, Ward (unless counted as S), Wright seem like the locks... leaves 1-2 spots for Acker/Reaser/Pick. I see Cook as the odd man out because Wright is making a lot more than him and will be that 3rd/4th cb vet guy.

A lot of talk about WR but with Boldin probably coming back for another year and Smith as 1 part of the future I'm not sure it's needed unless we truly feel it's bpa. Taking a WR would probably spell the end for Patton and put Ellington against the ropes and that's if you don't expect more than camp fodder out of Simpson who could make the team as that 3/4 vet wr. So I'm fine going in with what we have but I don't see it necessary to take a WR in the 1st, 2nd or at all. That being said I wouldn't be surprised if we took one in the 1st or 2nd at all. Maybe a trade back or even one in the 2nd. I doubt 15 though unless White or Cooper somehow fall to us.

I really could see us trading back from 15 to the early to mid 20s and picking up an extra 2nd or 3rd (and change). I think this would be the best route for this team as we can still get our WR/DL/CB/etc in the 1st then have an extra pick in the 2nd or 3rd for CB/RB/ILB, etc. If it was up to me and I could get a 2nd or 3rd (depending on how far we have to go back) I pull the trigger unless there is someone I cant pass up at 15.

And lastly trading up... we have inquired the last 2-3 years about trading up (especially for a wr) but I just don't see it happening again this year. Baalke wants to and maybe it would have been the right move for ODB but he just isn't the type that wants to lose a 1st, 2nd, 3rd for 1 player. He will take 3 solid to good players over 1 all star.

Edit: I might as well add OLB since I probably talked about everything else. It would not shock me if we took OLB in the 1st this year especially if Gregory (bulk him up), Dupree, Ray, etc fell. Aldon very well could want more than we are willing to pay; he could also get in trouble again or his play could be down like last year. Lynch is a lock for 1 spot but if Aldon leaves or we let him go that's a huge hole. Brooks will also be gone most likely unless he restructures (doubt it). Lemonier could be gone before this year or after this year most likely. Leaves us with potentially Lynch, Aldon?, ?

And might as well talk OL. I am just not buying this 1st round tackle business and moving Davis to guard. I don't see us taking that tackle and moving him to guard either. We had Thomas as a 2nd round talent and we have Martin (assuming backup c) to compete for the guard spot to go along with Looney. 3 guys for 1 spot should mean we got a very solid LG so I'm saying no to 1st round OL.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 26, 2015 at 1:17 AM ]

Yay another who do u want us picking @ 15 threads !!!!! I wonder how many more can we make in tha next 5 days ????
Originally posted by Jr16702:
Originally posted by Timdiz:

Agree

I'll be happy with this pick, still hoping for Cooper until it doesn't happen

So make it happen Baalke
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Apr 26, 2015 at 3:57 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'll be happy with anyone except for Armstead.
Shane Ray, then Baalke trades up for his next pick and lands WR, Jaelen Strong. Baalke is pleased to see that one of the ILBs he met with is still on the board in the 3rd. Trent finds a quality CB in the 4th because that's what he does.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:
Shane Ray, then Baalke trades up for his next pick and lands WR, Jaelen Strong. Baalke is pleased to see that one of the ILBs he met with is still on the board in the 3rd. Trent finds a quality CB in the 4th because that's what he does.

I could see Baalke going this route, believe he's drafting an OLB within the first 3 rounds. If Shane Ray is off the board, possible that Gregory drops to #15 or Baalke takes Bud Dupree there. I also like Lorenzo Mauldin in the 3rd (would be my choice).
Share 49ersWebzone