CB NICK MARSHALL
AUBURN
246: R7P29
S TEVIN MCDONALD
EASTERN WASHINGTON
254: R7P37
QB BRYAN BENNETT
SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

1st 5 picks would be Very Nice fills needs and future needs and Nick Marshall can be our swiss-army knife,cand play on offense,special teams and defense, would require special attention on offense being a QB in college give the defense something to think about if used correctly.
Like it all except DGB
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Like it all except DGB

Fair,But He`s the cherry on top,He has too much upside to pass on ,I rather He be playing with us then against us.
Not a fan of DGB at 15. Some draft boards have him going in the 40-50 pick range others have him late 1st round. None have him going in the top 20.

If I were targeting him I would trade back and aquire a pick or two and then see if he is still on the board. If not there are plenty of other players we could draft that would help us and we would have the extra pick(s) to boot.

I hope so but I don't think Conley lasts till the end of the 4th round.
How did I know you'd draft DGB first

I really really like these picks
RB KARLOS WILLIAMS FLORIDA STATE
132: R4P33 WR CHRIS CONLEY GEORGIA
151: R5P15 OT JEREMIAH POUTASI UTAH

Solid mock overall
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Like it all except DGB

Fair,But He`s the cherry on top,He has too much upside to pass on ,I rather He be playing with us then against us.

He's soft. Plus we have already met our quota of women beaters on the team.
I'd be shocked if Baalke picked DGB at #15. So many other options: DL, pass rusher, CB, OL, etc.

Not sure Poutasi will last 'til 5th rd...he projects as an OG in the NFL, at least that's what NFL.com draft profiles says.

No TE...this will arguably be Vernon's last Niner season and there's little receiving talent at the position other than maybe Carrier. Won't surprise me to see Baalke grab Clive Walford early...he's the playmaker we need and he also blocks. Good fit for our offense, particularly with the added WR speed, which should open up the underneath for Boldin & our TE's.

No pass rusher...Aldon's in his contract season and we don't know about Brooks' future. Skuta's gone so Lemonier could become the primary b/u...and he really hasn't shown much. Baalke will draft one, you can be sure of that.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
How did I know you'd draft DGB first

I really really like these picks
RB KARLOS WILLIAMS FLORIDA STATE
132: R4P33 WR CHRIS CONLEY GEORGIA
151: R5P15 OT JEREMIAH POUTASI UTAH

Solid mock overall

thank you, and you know this MAN!
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I'd be shocked if Baalke picked DGB at #15. So many other options: DL, pass rusher, CB, OL, etc.

Not sure Poutasi will last 'til 5th rd...he projects as an OG in the NFL, at least that's what NFL.com draft profiles says.

No TE...this will arguably be Vernon's last Niner season and there's little receiving talent at the position other than maybe Carrier. Won't surprise me to see Baalke grab Clive Walford early...he's the playmaker we need and he also blocks. Good fit for our offense, particularly with the added WR speed, which should open up the underneath for Boldin & our TE's.

No pass rusher...Aldon's in his contract season and we don't know about Brooks' future. Skuta's gone so Lemonier could become the primary b/u...and he really hasn't shown much. Baalke will draft one, you can be sure of that.
Not a deep TE field this year and We have Carrier who this year will be given a chance to shine a little bit more then He did last year,and there is NO guarantee that Davis is Finished in SF ,Aldon is not going nowhere ,and we have pass-rushers in Brookes,Smith ,Lynch,and Tank how about we addresss the Boldin spot first and the ILB second.......with DGB on the outside He will more than likely require special attention which will open up some spaces underneath for our slot guy and running backs to operate...see I`m looking into the future at WR, a WR red zone threat on Fade routes,something that Harbs could not get right with crabtree.
I don't put a lot of stock in online draft boards. I've read reports citing "anonymous" nfl scouts that DGB could go 10-12, and that he's been impressive in interviews (Wonderlic: 20). I know scouts could lie, especially at this time of year, but at least they're speaking from inside an organization. I wouldn't be mad if they take him or pass at 46. Be a lot happier than if they took Armstead, IMO.

Like it all except DGB

Wow woman beater? really does push mean beating,you are very judgemental,.and How soft is He since you know so much?
J,
It's as good as I've seen. That is, your priorities match mine. Two potent WRs, an RB, and backup OT (not a guard), 2nd round ILB, 3rd round DT. My only quibble is a TE rather than CB.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
I'm not a DGB fan at this point but if we did grab him we probably don't need Chris Conley too, they offer the same skill set. I really like Lockett but I'm sure he will be gone by the fourth round.
Like it all except DGB

Wow woman beater? really does push mean beating,you are very judgemental,.and How soft is He since you know so much?

Pushing a woman down stairs and dragging your girlfriend out by her neck....yes that is abuse. Is it judgemental to call out abuse of a woman by a 6'5 athlete? If it is, then I can live with being judgemental.

Smoking weed in a campus parking lot and getting busted with a pound of weed in a separate incident just shows he's a moron that consistently makes bad decisions and is not dedicated to making it in the NFL. What else has he done that he never got caught for or was swept under the rug? This has Aaron Hernandez written all over it.

For him being soft, just watch some highlights. A stiff breeze could tackle him or reroute him and he does not care to block.

He also runs sloppy inconsistent routes.

He's a selfish entitled player that's looking for a paycheck.

He might be good if he can turn his life around, but that is a big if.
Originally posted by Andra:
I'm not a DGB fan at this point but if we did grab him we probably don't need Chris Conley too, they offer the same skill set. I really like Lockett but I'm sure he will be gone by the fourth round.

I like Lockett also,but my concern is His durability in the NFL,btw Lockett was gone when I made the pick and Conely was there so I grabbed the BPA at that pick.
Share 49ersWebzone