There are 178 users in the forums

Glory's Glorious 2015 49er Mock Draft

Glory's Glorious 2015 49er Mock Draft

Read em & weep! This replaces the one I posted 3-4 months ago of course! I'm wheeling and dealing in the early rounds just like Baalke!

Yeah I know nowhere enough speed for everyone's liking but Duke Johnson is no slouch in the speed department. I was going to select Devin Smith at #57 but figured we already have a Devin Smith clone in Torrey Smith so I went with the 2nd best strong safety prospect in this draft who can also play coverage. Darren "The Baller" Waller will ring his nickname true in the NFL and has a good chance to become the big WR redzone (and sideline) threat we've always wanted. With this draft we get a huge upgrade at starting center, an unbelievable upgrade at LB over Borland with Dawson, and change of pace electric running back in Duke Johnson who should easily beat Bush and Hunter for the backup RB role.

[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Apr 25, 2015 at 11:22 AM ]
If we came away with those many picks and those were the players were targeted I would be very upset sorry man not a good mock at all.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
If we came away with those many picks and those were the players were targeted I would be very upset sorry man not a good mock at all.

Well with this mock we come out with, according to MadDog:

The #1 center and best overall offensive lineman
The #1 interior linebacker
The #2 safety
The #5 running back

Kap had no time to throw last year due all the injuries. Erving is an instant upgrade at center and can fill in all over the line.

We lose Willis & Borland, and Bowman's coming back from a knee injury -- doesn't it make sense to pick the most instinctive playmaking inside linebacker available?

Hunter is coming back from two major injuries and Bush is 30 years old. With Duke Johnson we get an electrifying running back -- a perfect complement to Hyde's ground and pound.

Ahmad Brooks is getting there in age, and Aldon Smith is a ? for the future. Behind them we have Aaron Lynch. Trey Flowers will make the 53 man roster and provide pass rush relief if needed.

Bethea won't be with us for long and Reid is getting dangerously close to being forced to retire (3 concussions in the past 2 years). James Sample is a player per Maddog and his 2nd best safety prospect. He could be our poor man's version of Kam Chancellor.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Apr 25, 2015 at 11:47 AM ]
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Well with this mock we come out with, according to MadDog:

The #1 center and best overall offensive lineman
The #1 interior linebacker
The #2 safety
The #5 running back

Kap had no time to throw last year due all the injuries. Erving is an instant upgrade at center and can fill in all over the line.

We lose Willis & Borland, and Bowman's coming back from a knee injury -- doesn't it make sense to pick the most instinctive playmaking inside linebacker available?

Hunter is coming back from two major injuries and Bush is 30 years old. With Duke Johnson we get an electrifying running back -- a perfect complement to Hyde's ground and pound.

Ahmad Brooks is getting there in age, and Aldon Smith is a ? for the future. Behind them we have Aaron Lynch. Trey Flowers will make the 53 man roster and provide pass rush relief if needed.

Bethea won't be with us for long and Reid is getting dangerously close to being forced to retire (3 concussions in the past 2 years). James Sample is a player per Maddog and his 2nd best safety prospect. He could be our poor man's version of Kam Chancellor.

Why do we need the #1 center when we have Martin and Kilgore both who are signed for at least the next 3 years? If he's the #1 overall OL why would he be available at 25? I'd rather see what our 2nd year players can do with snaps...

I like Dawson no problems there.

just because he's the #2 safety doesn't mean he's good lol...this is a very very weak class at safety and he is a reach in the 2nd. Ward can move to FS.....I'd prefer to spend a 2nd round pick on a player that will actually play this year.

As long as Smith doesn't go full potato he will be resigned you don't let top 5 pass rushers leave in FA, you just don't. I like Trey Flowers but he is not even close to the player as Smith..when would he see the field this season?

I'm assuming Hunter get's cut if you're drafting Duke? How many RB/FB will we have active on game days?

judging by the poll, I think most people feel the same way...
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 25, 2015 at 1:45 PM ]
Why do we need the #1 center when we have Martin and Kilgore both who are signed for at least the next 3 years? If he's the #1 overall OL why would he be available at 25? I'd rather see what our 2nd year players can do with snaps...

just because he's the #2 safety doesn't mean he's good lol...this is a very very weak class at safety and he is a reach in the 2nd. Ward can move to FS.....I'd prefer to spend a 2nd round pick on a player that will actually play this year.

As long as Smith doesn't go full potato he will be resigned you don't let top 5 pass rushers leave in FA, you just don't. I like Trey Flowers but he is not even close to the player as Smith..when would he see the field this season?

I'm assuming Hunter get's cut if you're drafting Duke? How many RB/FB will we have active on game days?

Kilgore and Martin would be regulated to the bench. Sample was the 100th best player on Dog's big board a month ago. Now he has him going at 70. That says a lot about his talent. I never said we would lose Aldon Smith. Brooks probably won't be with us long and you can never go wrong with extra pass rushers. Hunter pretty much hasn't played the past two seasons right? Its not like he is the main key to our success. Anyway I am not looking for brownie points with my mock. On the contrary the better I feel about it with more bad ratings from the zone :)
Irving may be a good C, but overall best OL? That sounds like a pretty big stretch. Besides, what's wrong w/Kilgore? He was arguably our most consistent OL 'til he got hurt in the Denver game.

Dawson's a worthy pick...so long as he's willing to get his attitude under control.

3rd rd is too high for Sample...limited experience. If Baalke was to take a S in the 3rd rd, Curtis Drummond seems worthy. Big 10 DB of the Year. Not a thumper, he's more of a ballhawk. Another option might be Adrian Amos from Penn St.

No real issues w/Duke Johnson...agree we need another tough RB to compliment Hyde.

Flowers isn't a Brooks clone...not much of a pass rusher. How 'bout Danielle Hunter from LSU...freakish athlete/player, 6-5-252, 34 1/2 " arms.

Like the Waller and Clark picks.

Not sure about the big 'Bama FB...I get he can hit and all, but we don't know what'll happen to Miller and Trey Millard is now healthy. I'd take an OL instead.
Kilgore and Martin would be regulated to the bench. Sample was the 100th best player on Dog's big board a month ago. Now he has him going at 70. That says a lot about his talent. I never said we would lose Aldon Smith. Brooks probably won't be with us long and you can never go wrong with extra pass rushers. Hunter pretty much hasn't played the past two seasons right? Its not like he is the main key to our success. Anyway I am not looking for brownie points with my mock. On the contrary the better I feel about it with more bad ratings from the zone :)

So basically you traded back a few times so you could pick guys based on his board and not yours?

MD does a good job with his predictions but he's not infallible. Never understood why some of you guys bother making mock drafts if you're using someone else's board(opinions)

Having said that only picks I question are Sample and Duke. Ward is the replacement for Bethea or Reid(whover goes first...hopefully Eric's concussion issues go away) and Duke has injury and pass blocking concerns which don't make him a good fit for this offense IMO.

So you want our two 3rd round picks on the bench? Sounds counterproductive to me

While I respect madDog's opionion I don't agree with everything.Sample wouldn't even play this season at all unless someone gets hurt.

If you feel cutting hunter is fine then okay. I just want to know how many RBs we will have active on game days? Hyde/bush and most likely a FB.

Sorry with all the picks you generated I see one starter in Dawson...
So you want our two 3rd round picks on the bench? Sounds counterproductive to me

While I respect madDog's opionion I don't agree with everything.Sample wouldn't even play this season at all unless someone gets hurt.

If you feel cutting hunter is fine then okay. I just want to know how many RBs we will have active on game days? Hyde/bush and most likely a FB.

IMO Erving would start before Dawson. I have no problem grabbing a guy like that because he's so good and you can figure out what to do with Kilgore or Martin elsewhere. Lots of flexibility with the interior OL. Wouldn't be my top choice but I'd have no issues with it.

I'm not sure if Dawson would start over Wilhoite tho at this point...similar to Bowman sitting behind Spikes his rookie year.

Originally posted by genus49:

IMO Erving would start before Dawson. I have no problem grabbing a guy like that because he's so good and you can figure out what to do with Kilgore or Martin elsewhere. Lots of flexibility with the interior OL. Wouldn't be my top choice but I'd have no issues with it.

I'm not sure if Dawson would start over Wilhoite tho at this point...similar to Bowman sitting behind Spikes his rookie year.

if he's BPA then fin, but I don't see Baalke going in that direction at all in the 1st. I think he likes the young OL talent he currently has.
Share 49ersWebzone