LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

NYNiner85 last mock with trades

Well we are 10 days away I know Baalke won't be sitting put, so I had fun with this mock with trades...this most likely doesn't happen, but I would be if it did.

*1st round trade up not down! We move up to 6th pick and swap our 1st, this years 2nd, and next years 2nd with the Jets.....we get one of the best prospects in the draft in Cooper.

1st-Amari Cooper- He's our future at WR with Smith...love Boldin, but he will be 36 next season and we can dump him in 2016 or he retires. We have a top tier WR on the cheap for 4 yrs and we finally have a collection of young promising WRs (having a cheap WR corp,minus Smith, helps SF resign players at other positions).

Excellent quickness and balance to get a clean release against press coverage and to make defenders miss in space. Accelerates in a flash, generating the burst to gain separation from top cornerbacks.

Makes the spectacular reception look easy with terrific hand-eye coordination and awareness to high-point passes. Competitive blocker.(CBS sports).

*3rd-trade we move down in the 3rd with a team looking at getting someone that has fallen like CB,RB, or a QB. We pick up a extra 4th

3rd-Henry Anderson/Marcus Hardison DT- One of these two will be around in the late 3rd, both have size/length/speed for a big man and can play multiple spots on the DL.

*4th-trade our 4th this year and a conditional pick in 2016 (similar to SJ last year) for Mychal Kendricks ILB.

He's in his final year of his rookie deal and Philly hasn't resigned him. They traded for Kiko and resigned Ryans. They're already talks on them trading him on draft day....Kendricks and Bo would be

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7509/mychal-kendricks

4th-Steven Nelson CB- He hasn't been talked about a lot, but is a competitor. He doesn't have "ideal" size (5-10 197) but is very psychical and aggressive. He just doesn't miss tackles, doesn't give up YAC, and is great against the run (good for the NFC West) won't be a press-corner and is a better fit for off-coverage.

4th- Bobby Richardson DE- Yes more DL help, I just like his size (6-5 35 inch arms 11 inch hands) and his motor, he would be a solid rotation guys with upside...He drops down until the 4th because he isn't tall enough for a 3-4 DE, but his long arms make up for it. (Tomsula would like him)

5th-Kwon Alexander ILB/SS-Eric Branch has stated that SF is very interested in him. I wouldn't be surprised if he drops to the 5th based on his size and short arms. I could see Trent converting him to SS were at 6-1 230 he would be a solid presence on the field. He will contribute on ST right away.

6th-Cory Robinson OT- Big strong dude (6-7 324 35 5/8 arms) he played LT for the Game Cocks this past season. He needs a lot of work and could be a future swing tackle or if teams think he can get enough bend could be kicked inside...I think we are more than fine at OL this season.

7th-Marcus Rush OLB-He's a senior from MSU, he is gritty and tough. He is a little undersized at OLB (6-3 250 but has the length/height/weight as Vic Beasley) he had some decent numbers throughout college and on his pro-day (ran a 4.6 40). He could help on ST and fight for snaps with Lemonier.

7th-John "taz"Crockett RB-He is from North Dakota St were he was dominate for the past 3 seasons. He played in a pro-style offense and finds the hole and is gone. He has a chip on his shoulder and seems like a good personality (saw him on a ESPN draft special). I thought about going RB earlier and still wouldn't mind if we do.... if we don't go early at RB (say we draft one in 4th) will he make the active roster over Bush/Hyde? What's happening with Miller? Is Millard healthy, if so does he get some playing time? Taz can be put on the practice squad year one if need be.

So there it is....I came away with a top WR, depth for the DL, a pro-bowl ILB, and a ton of prospects at positions that we've been know to develop into good players.

Thoughts??
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 20, 2015 at 12:30 PM ]
I like the creativity, but I was under the impression that Alexander was being looked at as a OLB to ILB conversion (like Bowman).
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I like the creativity, but I was under the impression that Alexander was being looked at as a OLB to ILB conversion (like Bowman).

They could be but, he has short arms (30 1/4) and only weighs 227. Bowman had 33 inch arms and weighed 242 at the combine.

He did play SS his freshman year at LSU.
No thx to a all out WR-trade
This is a move the team should've pulled off the previous two years. Instead we loaded up on medical red shirts. You have a D-line coach on the sidelines, my guess is Baalke won't rock the boat and trades down. I hope I'm wrong, the team could use some positive buzz with the drafting of a possible franchise receiver.
Just...stop. This isn't the year to trade up in the 1st rd...Baalke doesn't have the luxury of so many vets that he can gamble like that. There's a lot of quality depth he needs to replenish and maybe draft a starter or two. Besides that, this is a deep receiver draft...so TB can take BPA at #15 or trade down and get another high pick. I get Cooper looks like a can't miss prospect...but there are plenty of WR's worthy of drafting. No reason to burn a couple of 2nd rd picks in the process. Remember, it's the team, the team, the team.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Just...stop. This isn't the year to trade up in the 1st rd...Baalke doesn't have the luxury of so many vets that he can gamble like that. There's a lot of quality depth he needs to replenish and maybe draft a starter or two. Besides that, this is a deep receiver draft...so TB can take BPA at #15 or trade down and get another high pick. I get Cooper looks like a can't miss prospect...but there are plenty of WR's worthy of drafting. No reason to burn a couple of 2nd rd picks in the process. Remember, it's the team, the team, the team.

Why should he stop? He is speculating as to our potential of trading up and still stocking the roster. Reports are out that the team has investigating trade up options (which they probably do every year), so there is no harm in investigating what that would look like.

The bolded makes me wonder if you know who the current head coach is.
I love it the WR pick is the Cream of this year draft A.C. all the way.
I could deal with this. Only thing is how good has Kendricks looked since they went to a 3-4?
Nice. I like the trade with PHI

• crew
  • Veteran
Just don't think Baalke trades up in this draft, still believe he trades down into the 18-23 range to pick up an extra 3rd. That way he can go Peters in the 1st, Devin Smith or Funchess in the 2nd, then with Anderson/Hardison in the 3rd along with Kwon Alexander, who is going no later than 3rd Rd. I do like Richardson in the 4th along with Hull ILB Penn State (has similar measurable to Bowman) with the comp pick.

The other alternative Baalke has is to trade down in the first and take DGB, then go CB in the 2nd, either Jones, Rowe, Darby or Carter.
[ Edited by crew on Apr 20, 2015 at 10:06 AM ]
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

Oh yes lets just REACH for your draft crash in Goldman....you probably saw the 1st trade then stopped reading lol.

Cooper would make our QB and the TEAM better. He is great on all levels of the field and will actually help the offense score points and stay on the field. I love a good defense, but I'd rather see some balance and TDs not FGs....it would be nice to have a WR that defense actually have to game plan for.

I came away with a pro-bowl ILB,two good DL prospects, a HUGE upgrade a WR which will be a issue after this year, and a ton of prospects (9 picks) at positions SF is known to develop well.

There are no WRs in next years draft that are close to the player Cooper is.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 20, 2015 at 10:30 AM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:
I could deal with this. Only thing is how good has Kendricks looked since they went to a 3-4?

Kendricks ranked 6th over all among 3-4 ILB with a overall score of +19.1
Stopped reading after the first trade
Originally posted by crew:
Just don't think Baalke trades up in this draft, still believe he trades down into the 18-23 range to pick up an extra 3rd. That way he can go Peters in the 1st, Devin Smith or Funchess in the 2nd, then with Anderson/Hardison in the 3rd along with Kwon Alexander, who is going no later than 3rd Rd. I do like Richardson in the 4th along with Hull ILB Penn State (has similar measurable to Bowman) with the comp pick.

The other alternative Baalke has is to trade down in the first and take DGB, then go CB in the 2nd, either Jones, Rowe, Darby or Carter.

I will disagree on Alexander being a top 100 pick. He's too small to be OLB/ILB at 6-1 227 LBs and 30 inch arms...I see his upside at SS.

As far as a trade down I'm cool with that as well. This was a different take that gives us some impact players rather than a ton of prospects, we've been doing the latter the past two drafts.

I like Hull, but if we have a chance at getting Kendricks I'd rather go that route.

Honestly I just don't see Baalke going secondary in the 1st 3 years in a row, but we will see
Share 49ersWebzone