LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 319 users in the forums

Mock drafting. 1 month to go....

Trade 1.15 to Carolina (Devante Parker) for 1.25 and 3.89

1.25) ILB- Paul Dawson, TCU 6'0, 235
Dawson reminds me of when there was debate about Tyrann Mathieu and if we should draft him. Like Mathieu, all Dawson does is make plays. Yes, Dawson didn't have the greatest combine but Baalke values film over the combine and Dawson lights up the film reel. He is always around the ball and seems to make 1 or 2 big plays a game. We desperately need a MLB with Borland and Willis retiring. Dawson had some issues at TCU but let him learn from a real pro in Bowman about how to play the game. His 2014 stat line was rediculous:

136 tackles, 20 TFL, 6 sacks, 4 INT's, 5 PD, 2 FF, 1 TD.

Love him or hate him but this guy has All-Pro potential.

2.46) CB- PJ Williams, FSU 6'0, 195
Williams has shut down potential. Arguably the best bump and run corner in the draft. Has the size/speed ratio teams are looking for. I think he can be the best CB to come out of this draft.

3.79) DE- Marcus Hardison, Arizona State 6'3, 307
Disruptive interior pass rusher. Needs to add some strength to be a early down run stuffer but put this guy in on passing downs opposite Tank and look out. I think he can eventually start when he figures it all out.

3.89) WR/TE- Devin Funchess, Michigan 6'5, 235
Receiver? Tight end? Maybe both? Regardless, a guy with his size and speed opposite Torrey next year could be deadly. He might also be the redzone threat we have been searching for. Matchup nightmare where-ever we play him.

4.126) KR- Ty Montgomery, Stanford 6'2, 215
Pro-Bowl potential as a kick returner. Flips the field. We desperately need a returner and Montgomery is deadly

4.132) OLB- Max Valles, Virginia, 6'5, 251
Athlete who gets by on pure athleticism. Once he figures out the game he could be a major steal at this point.

5.151) RB- Mike Davis, South Carolina 5'9, 215
Didn't work as hard as he should have last year. If he puts in the work he has 3 down potential

6.189) FB- Jalston Fowler, Alabama 5'10, 254
Best FB in the draft. Bruising blocker. Shows the ability to catch out of the backfield. Can play a key role on special teams.

7.246) OG- Adam Shead, Oklahoma 6'4, 340
Massive power run blocker. Needs some refinement but he has the size and attitude to at least be a capable backup.

7.245) OLB- Zach Wagenmann, Montana 6'3, 247
All heart. Relentless pass rusher. Needs to add strength and learn how to play OLB in a 3-4 but guys with his work ethic seem to stick.
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Mar 31, 2015 at 8:55 PM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
In the 3rd for de... I'd definitely go williams or edwards
I would hope we could get more than a late 3rd rounder to move back 10 spots in the 1st rd.
well this draft seems very familiar...

that you hitman?
Originally posted by genus49:
well this draft seems very familiar...

that you hitman?

Sure is
LOL. How did you make my posts bring up that sentence about York? Good stuff Genus
HAHA. Now the Seahawks.....What's next?
Just seeing what's next....
LMAO
The chances of Dawson going in the first is the same as Funchess going at end of third

Any more changes to my posts about the Hawks....
That was a good one.....
5th in the division...how many things about the Hawks can you add to my posts...
Keep 'em coming Genus
Share 49ersWebzone