LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 387 users in the forums

Ice49er 2015 Mock Draft

1) WR ASU Jalen Strong

With this probably being Boldin last year. The 49ers grab a young WR with excellent size, hands, leaps and good speed.

2) CB FSU Ronald Darby

Darby has the size, speed and natural tools to be a excellent starting CB. The vast improvement from 13 to 14 shows his best football has yet to be seen.

3) RB IU Tevin Coleman

The 49ers have their starting RB in Hyde but with both of his backups being RBs with major medical concerns.
The 49ers grab a RB a one cut slasher with good speed and vision. With the foot concerns and fumbling problems Coleman could slide right into the 49ers lap.

4) DE Stanford Henry Anderson

The 49ers need 3-4 DE and this 6-6 294 DE has the tools to help as a rotational player while getting stronger.

4) OT/OG/C Mizz Mitch Morse

Morse has the power to play OG and size and good feet to play OT. As a good as a player on the field he is even better off the field. Morse's community contributions include visits to the children's hospital and the Boys and Girls Club. He is also a Special Olympics weight lifting supervisor, Columbia Food Bank volunteer and Show-Me State Games volunteer.

5) ILB Mich St Taiwan Jones

Big ILB at 6-3 250 that has the strong base with long arms to keep blockers off his body and shed with ease.

6) QB WSU Connor Halliday

Strong armed QB with quick release that needs to bulk up and learn how to take snaps from a OC.

7) ILB MInn Damien Wilson

Big time sleeper at ILB that has the tools of a 2nd day pick. 1 year starter at Minn that will need time to learn how to play ILB in a
3-4.

7) OLB WVU Shaquille Riddick

Athletic freak at 6-6 244 that needs time to add weight to his frame.
[ Edited by Ice49er on Mar 28, 2015 at 12:39 PM ]
I don't see Coleman or Anderson dropping that far, but if it played out this way I would LOVE it. Im a big Connor Halliday fan as a backup.
Well, I am hoping we don't leave the D line until the 4th.
[ Edited by English on Mar 28, 2015 at 12:56 PM ]
  • bors
  • Veteran
Nice combo..I like the Stanford guy would take him in third...rb in fourth
  • crew
  • Veteran
Nice draft ! Really like your Strong, Anderson, Jones picks. Darby may be gone by mid 2nd, might even go lower 1st. If he's off the board at #46,Baalke could get Byron Jones CB.
Henry Anderson I look at as "Cowboy II", but he will be gone by mid 4th Rd, so Niners need to take him with their 3rd Rd pick. So instead of Coleman in the 3rd, can choose between Langford & Javorious Allen in bottom of 4th Rd at RB.
Im part of the minority that thinks Justin Smith is coming back this year. If you have Smith, Dockett, Tank, Dial and TJE at DE this year that means what ever DE you pick has to beat one of them or he wont be dressing for any games next year. This is why I like Anderson who needs a year to get experience and strength.

I think RB David Johnson could be a steal in the 3rd or 4th round best hands in the draft for a RB.

I was going to put DE Mario Edwards Jr in the 3rd round and David Johnson in the 4th round but I think Edwards and Johnson are moving up and Coleman is moving down.
Originally posted by Ice49er:
Im part of the minority that thinks Justin Smith is coming back this year. If you have Smith, Dockett, Tank, Dial and TJE at DE this year that means what ever DE you pick has to beat one of them or he wont be dressing for any games next year. This is why I like Anderson who needs a year to get experience and strength.

I think RB David Johnson could be a steal in the 3rd or 4th round best hands in the draft for a RB.

I was going to put DE Mario Edwards Jr in the 3rd round and David Johnson in the 4th round but I think Edwards and Johnson are moving up and Coleman is moving down.

I could get down with this draft!

I think it would be wise to grab Henderson in the 3rd and RB in the 4th. For everything you said about Henderson fighting for playing time same could be said for Coleman. he will be fighting for snaps with Hyde/Bush/Hunter as well. I'll take the DE who has a bunch of aging (and injury-prone vets) in front of him

Good mock
  • All22
  • Veteran
i'm not a fan of Darby. Seems like every top WR destroyed him this year.
Nice mock
Share 49ersWebzone