LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

My Do Not Draft board.......

DO NOT DRAFT:

La'el Collins: Doesn't have the strength to be a star lineman. Lacks motivation and doesn't dominate at run blocking or pass blocking. His ceiling in the NFL is an average starting offensive lineman.

Arik Armstead: Shows nothing on his game film. Has great size and average strength. Has poor technique and plays with underwhelming aggression. Not dominant against the run or putting pressure in backfield.

Dorial Green-Beckham: He plays way too soft for the NFL. He is physically weak and against the jam he will be rerouted by 5'9 CBs. Can't and won't block. Red flags in desire, work ethic, and decision making.

Jordan Phillips: See Arik Armstead.

Marcus Peters: Not consistent. Does not compete. Looked average against decent competition. Has attractive attributes but not convinced he can handle playing against NFL competition. edit: removed from do not draft board. I think he needs to mature but he has the skills necessary to be a great corner.

Thoughts? Your board?
[ Edited by theninermaniac on Apr 23, 2015 at 2:02 PM ]
My do not draft board:Devante Parker!!
Enough said
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
DO NOT DRAFT:

Arik Armstead: Shows nothing on his game film. Has great size and average strength. Has poor technique and plays with underwhelming aggression. Not dominant against the run or putting pressure in backfield.

Dorial Green-Beckham: He plays way too soft for the NFL. He is physically weak and against the jam he will be rerouted by 5'9 CBs. Can't and won't block. Red flags in desire, work ethic, and decision making.

Strongly agree with these two.

I haven't watched enough of Collins game to make him on here, but I'll take your word for it.
Disagree with Peters

My first off the top of my head
Paul Dawson:
A slow linebacker who needs to work on wrapping up his tackles. That is the complete opposite of what is required of an inside LB in a 4-3.
4.93 40 is not going to cover any guys in man coverage and if he has trouble wrapping up tackles what good is he against the run? He might be a good fit for a 4-3, but not a 3-4.
Good analysis, Marcus Peters was kicked off his college team and is living with another role model, Marshawn Lynch in Washington. Which way is the needle pointing?
Paul Dawson is faster than 4.93 but my only concern was him being over weight for combine. Looked a lot better yesterday. DGB and Armstead need some technique work, but rookies are not meant to be the finished article.

Those two in particular have physical traits that are rare, but I'd take DGB over Armstead. We need a replacement for Boldin, and hopefully he could learn a lot from the work rate of Boldin. (And Kap too - who at least has a great work ethic.)
Originally posted by mrwoodz:
Paul Dawson is faster than 4.93 but my only concern was him being over weight for combine. Looked a lot better yesterday. DGB and Armstead need some technique work, but rookies are not meant to be the finished article.

Those two in particular have physical traits that are rare, but I'd take DGB over Armstead. We need a replacement for Boldin, and hopefully he could learn a lot from the work rate of Boldin. (And Kap too - who at least has a great work ethic.)

I suppose it's possible, but I think most people's work ethics have been pretty well determined by the time they hit DGB's age.

There are exceptions, but it's another red flag to me.
DO NOT DRAFT:

La'el Collins: Doesn't have the strength to be a star lineman. Lacks motivation and doesn't dominate at run blocking or pass blocking. His ceiling in the NFL is an average starting offensive lineman.

Marcus Peters: Not consistent. Does not compete. Looked average against decent competition. Has attractive attributes but not convinced he can handle playing against NFL competition.

Thoughts? Your board?

I think they all have value but I wouldn't take any at 15...I think Peters is a good CB, but minus Waynes I don't see a CB worth the 15th spot.
Originally posted by Tslope90:
Enough said

please explain.....
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Enough said

Same way i feel. But then again, I didn't want them to draft Alshon Jeffrey or OBJ. So i guess I'm just as inept at evaluating WR as Baalke is .
This isn't really a do not draft board because most players have value somewhere but these are players I like less than most people (and don't want where they're projected to go):

Arik Armstead: Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. He isn't the athlete everyone thought he was and doesn't have great length for his size. I'd be fine with him in the 2nd but not at 15 and not late in the first with a trade down.

Paul Dawson: Has great instincts and avoids blockers, but his lack of any athleticism and mediocre length could be an issue in the NFL. I don't like the idea of drafting a two down ILB who is already unathletic and needs to put on more weight in the 2nd round. I'd be fine with him in the third round because he's strong against the run. People are way too high on this guy's coverage ability because he happened to be in the right place a few times and got interceptions. People are overreacting to his pro day time because they want to like the guy - 4.8 at a pro day is roughly the same as 4.93 at the combine. It shouldn't make anyone question the combine time or his lack of speed.

Quinten Rollins: This guy's stock has fallen some from when he was talked about as a potential first round pick, but I wouldn't want him at 46. He's instinctive for having not played very much football, but needs work on his technique, had short arms (30 1/4"), and doesn't have great speed or quickness. I just don't see the upside that I heard about with him that justify a selection that high. I do love watching him throw his body around in run support and he's a player I would root for if we picked him, but I'd prefer to trade back in the second or up in the third to get him. I'd rather go another direction if we stay at 46.

x2 on Parker
[ Edited by jrouter4949 on Mar 28, 2015 at 8:58 AM ]
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Enough said

Not enough said
DO NOT DRAFT:

Marcus Peters: Not consistent. Does not compete. Looked average against decent competition. Has attractive attributes but not convinced he can handle playing against NFL competition.

Thoughts? Your board?

I would take DGB not so sure about Armstead being on that list.
Originally posted by Andra:
Enough said

Not enough said

Yes please explain, i think Parker is solid.
  • evil
  • Veteran
What exactly are you basing Collins lack of strength on ?
Share 49ersWebzone