There are 207 users in the forums

Randy Gregory failed drug test for Marijuana at Combine... could be there at 15?

He claims to last used weed in December, which i could see "Hey, I can't smoke for a few months, I'm going to go big and then quit for a while". He failed TWO tests in 2014 at Nebraska.... Jesus these kids piss me off when I think of the amount of money they throw away for the sake of getting high.

So that brings us to the important question, We've had our share of alcohol related off the field issues that past season... Do we draft a top 5 player at 15 because he failed a drug test for weed?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000481581/article/randy-gregory-i-blame-myself-for-failed-nfl-combine-drug-test
Originally posted by irishluder:
He claims to last used weed in December, which i could see "Hey, I can't smoke for a few months, I'm going to go big and then quit for a while". He failed TWO tests in 2014 at Nebraska.... Jesus these kids piss me off when I think of the amount of money they throw away for the sake of getting high.

So that brings us to the important question, We've had our share of alcohol related off the field issues that past season... Do we draft a top 5 player at 15 because he failed a drug test for weed?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000481581/article/randy-gregory-i-blame-myself-for-failed-nfl-combine-drug-test

IMO its a red flag because then its not a "Who cares, lots of people get high" thing, its more of a "wow this kid can't stop himself from smoking"
From CBS Sports:
Compares To: Aldon Smith, San Francisco 49ers -- With the same combination of length and explosiveness to terrorize quarterbacks, Gregory has elite potential.

I'll take him at 15 if he drops.

He and Aldon can end up partying together. LOL
[ Edited by mr49er on Mar 26, 2015 at 10:59 AM ]
Na I don't like him coming in anyways. Give me dupree.
Too bad he weighs less than our starting safeties
"I was going to be a top 5 pick in the draft until I got high, I was going to be a Jacksonville Jaguar but then I got high, now I'm still sitting here in this f**king green room and I know why, because I got high, because I got high, because I got high."
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by irishluder:

IMO its a red flag because then its not a "Who cares, lots of people get high" thing, its more of a "wow this kid can't stop himself from smoking"
True. And hearing his explanation sounds like he's been listening to other weed heads about passing a drug test. He said he stopped smoking in December figuring it would be out of his system in 6 weeks. But i fyou smoke a lot it's more like 3 months before it's out of your system. Just pure idiocy
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
"I was going to be a top 5 pick in the draft until I got high, I was going to be a Jacksonville Jaguar but then I got high, now I'm still sitting here in this f**king green room and I know why, because I got high, because I got high, because I got high."

haha!!!! Well Played

Personally, Im REALLY hard on off the field red flags, but I also believe that some of these guys can have a coming to jesus moment and see that their choices WILL cause them money and a spot on a roster. If he's there at 15 I would welcome either, A nice trade back for another pick in the 2nd round and 2016 pick, OR we take him and give us the ability to keep a fresh rotation on the DL and OLB, plus gain insurance if Aldon goes full retard and gets released.
I absolutely draft this kid at 15
Here's our answer to the Hawks trading for Jimmy
It would be special packages, but if this is a guy who can be our X factor on defense he would thrive (my opinion)
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Guys a beast......take heem!!!!

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

You do realise that most people would consider not being a Jaguar a positive thing? Problem is he has likely knocked himself slightly down rookie salary scale, but will end up playing for a better team.

Danger is the obvious thing that this will count as first strike - I think - so he is two more away from a year's ban. I'd probably give OLB a miss in first round, but I believe we can have a good tandem with Aldon & Lynch.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
We're trying to win with class..

adding another talented but boneheaded player like Aldon Smith in Gregory may just open up Lynch's can of worms..

We can then have the possibility of the league's best TRIO OF PASS RUSHER NFL HAS EVEN SEEN sittin on the bench for serving up a suspension in "Bomb Cracking - Club Disruption & Cloud 9"!!!
Originally posted by 9moon:
We're trying to win with class..

adding another talented but boneheaded player like Aldon Smith in Gregory may just open up Lynch's can of worms..

We can then have the possibility of the league's best TRIO OF PASS RUSHER NFL HAS EVEN SEEN sittin on the bench for serving up a suspension in "Bomb Cracking - Club Disruption & Cloud 9"!!!

What exactly was Lynch's "can of worms"? Did he ever get arrested for anything or caught with drugs/beat a girl??
Originally posted by Quest4six:
I absolutely draft this kid at 15
Here's our answer to the Hawks trading for Jimmy
It would be special packages, but if this is a guy who can be our X factor on defense he would thrive (my opinion)

3rd down.......Dockett and Carradine inside, Aldon and Lynch outside, Gregory and Bowman at LB.

Goodluckimbehindsevenproxies.jpg
Von Miller 2.0
Share 49ersWebzone