LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 181 users in the forums

the dominator, or mr right now?

• xcfan
  • Veteran
At #15 there will be an handful of good players available, and there will be one dominator available: todd gurley.
It's always a mistake to pass on a difference maker, and the 49ers will have to make that decision come draft day.
As soon as gurley gets on the field, he'll be a top-5 running back. A beast-mode runner; a difference maker.

How do you pass on that, a guy who can carry an offense?

Mr right, or mr right now?
Yea please lets waste another pick on a player with a busted knee !!!! Then can we trade but up into tha 1st round for a head case WR
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Yea please lets waste another pick on a player with a busted knee !!!! Then can we trade but up into tha 1st round for a head case WR

a proper comparison would be frank gore, not lattimore.

Not all busted knees are created equal. Gurley is a must-draft IMO.

I wouldn't take DGB before around 25 or so.
Originally posted by xcfan:

Gore wasnt a 1st round pick N tha yr before we drafted Gore we didnt spend a 2nd round pick on a RB(that i can remember)...
What is Gurley's timeline...?
At #15 there will be an handful of good players available, and there will be one dominator available: todd gurley.
It's always a mistake to pass on a difference maker, and the 49ers will have to make that decision come draft day.
As soon as gurley gets on the field, he'll be a top-5 running back. A beast-mode runner; a difference maker.

Why? They drafted the best running back in the draft last year this draft is chalk full of very good RBs and they have other positions they need to focus on.

I would rather take Jay Ajayi in the 2nd if you want to go that early on RB

Gore wasnt a 1st round pick N tha yr before we drafted Gore we didnt spend a 2nd round pick on a RB(that i can remember)...

We didn't draft a RB the 3 previous years before Gore.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Why? They drafted the best running back in the draft last year this draft is chalk full of very good RBs and they have other positions they need to focus on.

Why not David Johnson, Jeremy Langford or Buck Allen in the 3rd? Those are some pretty solid options, too. You know Baalke will get one. It's inevitable.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Why not David Johnson, Jeremy Langford or Buck Allen in the 3rd? Those are some pretty solid options, too. You know Baalke will get one. It's inevitable.

Those are all solid prospects too! I really really like Ajayi and it was more a response to the topic. If we did go early on RB, I'd rather have him in the 2nd over Gurley or Gordon in the 1st.

Baalke could be the next head on the chopping block, no way he looks for a redshirted player with the top pick.
lets do it because that hyde guy has no future in the NFL
Share 49ersWebzone