LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Elephant Haley's 1st 2015 Mock Draft.

1st Round: OT/OG Brandon Scherff Iowa 6'5 320 lbs to groom and secure for Power OLINE
2nd Round: CB Marcus Peters U Washington 6'0 197 lbs To groom and eventually start
3rd Round: WR Nelson Agholor USC 6'0 198 lbs to use his quickness and speed to groom behind Boldin
4th Round DE/DT Gabe Wright Auburn 6'3 300 lbs To groom behing TJE and Tank and Dial/Dorsey
5th Round RB TJ Yeldon Alabama 6'1 226 lbs tochange the pace and hit homeruns now and then
6th Round QB Bryce Petty Baylor 6'3 230 lbs Love this guy's style as a down field thrower
7th Round DT Derrick Lott Chattanooga 6'4 314 lbs take a flier chance on a player with size maybe Tomsula can coach up.

There is my first of a few mock drafts. No trades or comp picks used?
Not a bad mock
Originally posted by tohara3:
Not a bad mock

I agree, although I probably take someone other than Agholor but I like it otherwise.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Not a bad mock

I agree, although I probably take someone other than Agholor but I like it otherwise.

This Agholor doesn't offer anything that Patton can't already do...very underwhelming.
In a draft where the QB class is so weak, there is no way that Bryce Petty makes it past the 3rd round as one of the top 4 prospects.
Yeldon is slower and less of a home run hitter than Hyde. I definitely wouldn't mind taking him if he falls to the 5th round, but your description makes no sense. Petty in the 6th is a massive stretch.
I am not a fan of wasting our 1st round pick on a guard.
Originally posted by daragon:

Well if you see it as "wasting" a pick then that's your opinion. I think solidifying our lines on defense and offense will be crucial to our success against physical teams like the seahawks. Hate saying this but I like how the cowboy's OL dominated throughout the season.
Originally posted by richierichard:

Well if you see it as "wasting" a pick then that's your opinion. I think solidifying our lines on defense and offense will be crucial to our success against physical teams like the seahawks. Hate saying this but I like how the cowboy's OL dominated throughout the season.

You are right, but I think injuries played a major factor in how our O-line performed this season and we got no consistency at all. I think we have five guys that are good enough to go for next season on O-line. Between Staley, Thomas,Kilgore, Boone, Davis and Martin and Looney backing up, we aren't exactly in a bad spot. I think injuries, play calling, and in some cases guys who's heads were flat not into it (Alex Boone) doomed us. Granted we are relying on the same guys, but I think the team returns to form and we should be a better pass blocking team with Iupati out of the lineup.
Would be a very good draft indeed, but Wright might be the only player selected here that falls that far. It is optimistic.. but real good.

When Kilgore was doing alright before getting injured and we use 2nd and 3rd round draft picks just last year on interior OL (Martin & Thomas), it's hard to see it in any kind of angle where it's NOT wasting.

That's the WHOLE point of drafting highly talented players with a flaw or two in mid rounds a year before you need them-- to prepare the team for what's to come and have a player waiting in the wings ready to hit the ground running when you can no longer afford the starter.

It's amazing to me how incompetent people think Baalke is. Do fans really think that only blogs and message boards realized that Iupati would not be realistic to keep 1-2 years ago? That Baalke didn't figure out that Iupati would need to be replaced until the 2014 season ended? And it was coincidence that we drafted 2 OL early in last years draft?

We don't need a 1st round pick on the OL to be dominant. Just by virtue of Boone showing up to TC and Anthony Davis being healthy, our OL will improve dramatically.
Home run mock IMO. Bunch of damn good football players right there. Now, I'm not sure all those guys (Peters, Agholor and Wright specifically) will still be on the board when we pick, but would be an A+ draft for me if they were.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Home run mock IMO. Bunch of damn good football players right there. Now, I'm not sure all those guys (Peters, Agholor and Wright specifically) will still be on the board when we pick, but would be an A+ draft for me if they were.

Honestly I don't see anything on the offensive side of the ball that made the team better ...draft a guard in the top 15? He isn't Zack Martin or Iupati no thanks, and what does Agholor provide that we don't already have 3 of on the WR squad? This would be a very disappointing draft in my opinion.

They had injuries and that was the main issue, not bad players. They have 3 players before we draft anyone that could fight for the one spot that will be open in LG. I'm all for competition and getting depth, but either our 1st rd pick or both of our 3rd rounders will be sitting the bench and that's not what you want your players in the top 3 rounds to be doing...
  • crew
  • Veteran
Don't think that Scherff and Peters are still on the board when Niners pick. If going CB in Rd2, Niners could take either Byron Jones or Alex Carter. Prefer either Ajayi or Langford over Yeldon.
Share 49ersWebzone