LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Trade the 15th Pick

Trade the 15th Pick

Since it looks we are only receiving 9 picks in this yrs draft & there are plenty of quality WR's available in this yrs draft i think Baalke either trys to either trade up to get someone like Kevin White or if he is already gone maybe we trade down to add maybe a late 2nd round pick or early 3rd to make up for having single digits picks this year.

What do u guys think? I think it makes sense if they fall in love with Dorial Green-Beckam & they know he will be there late in the 1st anyways.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Exactly. someone will want to jump up and grab Melvin Gordon. So trade back to 23 (Lions) for swapping their second for our third. Then pick DGB, Tevin Coleman or Duke Johnson, and a CB or DL.
Not always a fan of trading back BUT Trent would be the guy I'd have most confidence in.
It's time to move up and get our guy......Kevin White
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Not always a fan of trading back BUT Trent would be the guy I'd have most confidence in.

Me either but i think this years draft gives us the flexibility to do we can still get one the guys we are targeting & at the same time add some more amo. Makes perfect sense to me. You know Baalke isnt gun shy when it comes to draft day trades.
Depending on who is available i feel this would be ideal.

In all honesty we'd be stupid to not take 2 WRs in the top 3 rounds.
IMHO, it depends on Goldman. Who else would you target at 23?
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

Um, so Boldin, Johnson, Ellington, Patton plus two from the first three rounds? In a run-first O?
Yes yes yes.

I want to trade up to 2 or 3 to draft Leonard Williams.
If that's not possible, I want 'em to trade back as far as possible. Target: Devin Smith, DGB, Gurley, Marcus Peters, Melvin Gordon or P.J. Williams or Trae Waynes depending on where they trade.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Feb 22, 2015 at 11:53 AM ]
Let's not risk it. Take Melvin Gordon or DGB with the 15th pick and let's call it a night.

Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Let's not risk it. Take Melvin Gordon or DGB with the 15th pick and let's call it a night.

So reach for a guy who has more red flags than the Soviet Union? That's a good strategy?

Anyone who takes DGB in the middle of the first is crazy IMO. There are too many other good receivers to do that. He's not a Julio Jones kind of prospect athletically; trade back & see if you can get him in the 2nd. If not, Devin Smith is also a guy who could give the offense some much needed versatility.

Gordon? I could live with that.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Feb 22, 2015 at 12:03 PM ]
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

Um, so Boldin, Johnson, Ellington, Patton plus two from the first three rounds? In a run-first O?

I think Patton is expendable, boldins going to be gone soon, same with Johnson

Need to invest in some stud young Wideouts

This draft has plenty
I like the idea of trading back if our targeted player or players have already been taken.
I like being able to get a first round talent and then have the ammo to move in the 2nd round to get 1 or 2 players. I'm totally fine only drafting 6-7 players as long as they are quality picks.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:

So reach for a guy who has more red flags than the Soviet Union? That's a good strategy?

Anyone who takes DGB in the middle of the first is crazy IMO. There are too many other good receivers to do that. He's not a Julio Jones kind of prospect athletically; trade back & see if you can get him in the 2nd. If not, Devin Smith is also a guy who could give the offense some much needed versatility.

Gordon? I could live with that.

I would easily take DGB over Smith, and if we trade down we might risk losing him. Not saying he'll have a better career than Smith, but he definitely has more potential. He has Calvin Johnson like intangibles and he's gonna fall in our lap at 15. Let's not get too cute.

I'm an Ohio State Student, and I can tell you that Smith is a one trick pony. He will definitely provide us with a deep threat which we need, but that's all he provides. DGB can provide us that and a lot more.
[ Edited by 4everFaithful on Feb 22, 2015 at 12:36 PM ]
I believe that they'd explore a trade up to get White but if not let's hope Parker falls to #15
Share 49ersWebzone