LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

who's your 1st round sleeper?

• xcfan
  • Veteran
I'm impressed with d-lineman Preston smith. Super strong and skilled at hand fighting to gain position and leverage. Reminds of cowboy and strahan with the kind of push and pressure he puts on opponent. Plays with the energy of Jared Allen. Not an explosive first step guy, but a guy with tremendous torque because of good technique, desire, and strength. He's gonna be that all-day sucker the o-line has to deal with--like the guys mentioned above. Heart.
[ Edited by xcfan on Jan 30, 2015 at 1:36 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Great question.... I really like the kids from Mississipi State (Benardrick McKinney) and UK's (Alvin Dupree)..

Most Overrated IMO .. Clemson's Beasley..
  • cools
  • Veteran
Jalen Strong, He will get dinged for not having speed and separation skills, but will end up a very productive weapon.
Reminds me of how peeps viewed J.Matthews last year
Originally posted by cools:
Jalen Strong, He will get dinged for not having speed and separation skills, but will end up a very productive weapon.
Reminds me of how peeps viewed J.Matthews last year

Reminds me a bigger version of Boldin strong hands
Is there such thing as a first round sleeper?
Originally posted by Quest4six:

Think, the thread title should be more like "day two/three sleeper"
Tyler Lockett
Cody Riggs
Originally posted by communist:

Think, the thread title should be more like "day two/three sleeper"

Lol.
I was thinking maybe prospects who once were considered 1st round talent and fell out?
Idk
Carl Davis DT. People sleep on him but he's looking like a legit 5-Tech, the kind that could replace Ray Mac.
Dorial Green Beckham.is projected rounds 1-3.

sleeper pick for the niners in the 1st?

Bud Dupree, Markus Golden, Nate Orchard, Jalen Collins
Correct me If I'm wrong but isn't a sleeper an under the radar late round pick who will come out of nowhere and beast..? Like for instance last years sleeper you can say was martavious Bryant or Allen hurns and on defense Aaron lynch or maybe ej Gaines..idk a sleeper to me is a player that will be drafted 4th rd or later..
Originally posted by xcfan:
I'm impressed with d-lineman Preston smith. Super strong and skilled at hand fighting to gain position and leverage. Reminds of cowboy and strahan with the kind of push and pressure he puts on opponent. Plays with the energy of Jared Allen. Not an explosive first step guy, but a guy with tremendous torque because of good technique, desire, and strength. He's gonna be that all-day sucker the o-line has to deal with--like the guys mentioned above. Heart.

Do you really see him going in the 1st???

Measurements??
I agree with the poster who said Strong. I don't think he'll be the fastest guy out there but he was immensely productive at ASU. Very nice target for the late 1st round, early 2nd round. Personally I think he could fit pretty well up there with the Seahawks....

This. If your question is who's a sleeper to go in the first my pick is Quinton Rollins on defense and Devin Smith for offense
Share 49ersWebzone