LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

2015 Draft: Niners trade up scenario's

What scenarios would the Niners trade up in this draft?
For a head coach
Niners trade
#15 1050 points
Ahmed Brooks

Browns trade
#12 1200 points

Brooks woukd in essence be traded for the value of a late 3rd round pick. Its a little higher than people have been projecting, but the Browns have been big time traders on draft day.

They could emerge with a WR and a starting OLB.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I like the idea of Detroit trading up to our spot and landing (RB) Melvin Gordon.. We can get their 1st this year and 1st next year..

Then watched the Atlanta Falcons moved up and offer us their 2nd this year (40th overall) and 1st next year in order to land Todd Gurley (RB) ...
Originally posted by 9moon:
I like the idea of Detroit trading up to our spot and landing (RB) Melvin Gordon.. We can get their 1st this year and 1st next year..

Then watched the Atlanta Falcons moved up and offer us their 2nd this year (40th overall) and 1st next year in order to land Todd Gurley (RB) ...

Indy could be a trade partner as well, for the same player.
Originally posted by Butter:
Niners trade
#15 1050 points
Ahmed Brooks

Browns trade
#12 1200 points

Brooks woukd in essence be traded for the value of a late 3rd round pick. Its a little higher than people have been projecting, but the Browns have been big time traders on draft day.

How much of Brooks' contract would we be eating in that trade? The Browns trading a 3rd round pick and eating all 9.7 million of Brooks' contract is a more absurd trade than us trading a 1st round pick for Josh Gordon (pre-suspension for 2015). He's not worth anything at the 9.7 million cap hit and I don't think he's worth a 3rd round pick even if we eat all the dead money on his contract and his new team only has to pay him 4.1 million.

Anquan Boldin was a better player on a cheaper deal and we only gave up a 6th round pick to acquire him. No one is paying 9.7 million for Brooks.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Niners trade
#15 1050 points
Ahmed Brooks

Browns trade
#12 1200 points

How much of Brooks' contract would we be eating in that trade? The Browns trading a 3rd round pick and eating all 9.7 million of Brooks' contract is a more absurd trade than us trading a 1st round pick for Josh Gordon (pre-suspension for 2015). He's not worth anything at the 9.7 million cap hit and I don't think he's worth a 3rd round pick even if we eat all the dead money on his contract and his new team only has to pay him 4.1 million.

Anquan Boldin was a better player on a cheaper deal and we only gave up a 6th round pick to acquire him. No one is paying 9.7 million for Brooks.

Youre saying 3rd round value based on the points difference, not a 3rd round pick right?

I think Brooks is not stupid. Hes gotta realize its either restructure his deal or get cut. We'll see.

Either way Id rather discuss absurd trade ideas over the SB or the Niners current coaching situation.
Originally posted by 9moon:

I don't think the difference is that much to get a first next year out of the deal. Detroit should be around 21 or so. A first next year to move up six spots? You can get that kind of draft capital if you're in the top 10, but we are at 15.

I'm really not interested in trading unless it's to acquire picks in the 2016 draft. Not a lot of first round talent available IMO this year and we have a shot at a legit day one starter at whatever position we draft, notably receiver or D-line.
Niners trade
#15 1050 points
Ahmed Brooks

Browns trade
#12 1200 points

They both have a need for a #1 WR. Why would the Browns trade with someone who could conceivably take the player that the Browns covet? Unless the Niners were going up for a defensive player like Shelton, this deal ain't happening.
To answer your question, I can see us trading up a few spots to land White if Cooper and Parker are taken early. Or if Cooper and White, same thing for Parker.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Who would they be trading up for, that is the question. And IMO, I don't see any player that is worth trading up for, I mean I would LOVE to have Danny Shelton as a 49er, but even I wouldn't trade up for him.
Is Leonard Williams worth trading up for?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DarkShinobiX:
Is Leonard Williams worth trading up for?

If it's at the end of the 1st round yes I would.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think we should trade up with the Browns and take Melvin Gordon ourselves.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Who would they be trading up for, that is the question. And IMO, I don't see any player that is worth trading up for, I mean I would LOVE to have Danny Shelton as a 49er, but even I wouldn't trade up for him.

I was specifically thinking of Shelton. For better or for worse, Balke has proven that if he likes a player, he'll move up and get them, even if everyone else thinks its over paying.
Share 49ersWebzone