LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 345 users in the forums

Trade 2015 1st rd Pick for Gordon

Trade 2015 1st rd Pick for Gordon

Seems like an easy decision to me. Trade our 15th overall pick for Josh Gordon. Those of you who argue against this are foolish. I understand this is a valuable pick but our chances of drafting an impact player like this are slim to none. Especially considering that Baalke can't draft offense very well. This is a golden opportunity. I understand he has his issues. But without those issues we wouldn't even be discussing the possibility of acquiring him.

Pull the trigger! Call the browns right now!
How many of these threads are there now?
And no, bad idea.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
How many of these threads are there now?
And no, bad idea.

None the specify exactly what we should trade. And can you explain why you think it's a bad idea? I think it's a great idea. All of the people in the 49ers organization have tended to think like you that's why we haven't had a true #1 WR since Owens. No one is willing to take risks.
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
None the specify exactly what we should trade. And can you explain why you think it's a bad idea? I think it's a great idea. All of the people in the 49ers organization have tended to think like you that's why we haven't had a true #1 WR since Owens. No one is willing to take risks.

Its a bad idea because this guy is 1 bad move away from getting a serious ban (one that will make the 1 year ban from last year look pathetic)
Not to mention he is going to demand some $, I don't care how much trouble he's been in. The kid has talent.

Also trading away a 1st round draft pick, especially one at 15, is better than having Gordon IMO.
Originally posted by Quest4six:

Its a bad idea because this guy is 1 bad move away from getting a serious ban (one that will make the 1 year ban from last year look pathetic)
Not to mention he is going to demand some $, I don't care how much trouble he's been in. The kid has talent.

Also trading away a 1st round draft pick, especially one at 15, is better than having Gordon IMO.
Understandable. I'm just hungry for a true #1 WR. And he's young.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I say we pick up Adrian Peterson or if he's not there, then trade for Bryce Brown..
Originally posted by 9moon:
I say we pick up Adrian Peterson or if he's not there, then trade for Bryce Brown..

I like the Adrian Peterson idea. Not really for Bryce Brown though. I'd prefer we pursue Blackmon if anything because he's high upside for cheap.
Seems like an easy decision to me. Trade our 15th overall pick for Josh Gordon. Those of you who argue against this are foolish. I understand this is a valuable pick but our chances of drafting an impact player like this are slim to none. Especially considering that Baalke can't draft offense very well. This is a golden opportunity. I understand he has his issues. But without those issues we wouldn't even be discussing the possibility of acquiring him.

If we want a fast X receiver that bad we could draft Devin Smith... and he comes without all the baggage and money.
Originally posted by shmuck:

If we want a fast X receiver that bad we could draft Devin Smith... and he comes without all the baggage and money.

I'm currently a student at Ohio State. I love the team. Follow the players. Even friends with some of them. Devin Smith is a great prospect I defintely think we should draft him, I felt the same way about Hyde and am feeling the same way about Elliot. But Smith is not Josh Gordon. No where near.

I mean this in the nicest way possible but you are completely out of your freaking mind.

Gordon is worth a 5th rounder at best right now, if that. The 49ers almost acquired him for a 2nd rounder last season, now the Browns would get a lot less for him and may end up cutting him.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 16, 2015 at 3:33 PM ]

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I mean this in the nicest way possible but you are completely out of your freaking mind.

Gordon is worth a 5th rounder at best right now, if that. The 49ers almost acquired him for a 2nd rounder last season, now the Browns would get a lot less for him and may end up cutting him.

A 5th rounder??? C'Mon now. I understand we could get him for cheaper I'm implying that this is what I'd be willing to give up. We need to pursue him. Perphaps we can get him for a 2nd or 3rd rd Pick. We need to negioate for him. Maybe we can just give them Stevie Johnson and a mid to low rd pick.
I'm currently a student at Ohio State. I love the team. Follow the players. Even friends with some of them. Devin Smith is a great prospect I defintely think we should draft him, I felt the same way about Hyde and am feeling the same way about Elliot. But Smith is not Josh Gordon. No where near.

apologizes. haven't watched enough game tape to really get a read on him

Who would your comp be then?
  • lazy
  • Veteran
I all for pursing him....but giving up a first round pick seems to be a lot.
Originally posted by shmuck:

apologizes. haven't watched enough game tape to really get a read on him

Who would your comp be then?

Smith is defintely a good player. Great hands and good deep threat which we are in need of. The question is where we should draft him. Maybe we can land him in the 3rd or 4th. I also like WR Jalin Marshall. Don't believe he's entering the draft but he is a playmaker and could be used in the return game as well as in the slot. Has the speed to play on the outside as well. We should keep an eye on him for next years draft. Could possibly land him as late as the 5th or 6th rd. Look up his highlights against Michigan State this season.
Originally posted by lazy:
I all for pursing him....but giving up a first round pick seems to be a lot.

Ya I could understand your hesitation. It is a risky move.
Share 49ersWebzone