There are 228 users in the forums

Nelson Agholor, WR, USC

Don't know if he will declare but his skills will be on display later on today in the Holiday Bowl Ive seen plenty being a SC fan to think he could be a solid draft choice has great seperation & is quick of the line of scrimmage + he is a solid returner he can return punts & Kickoff's. We might not even have to reach if he comes out this year possibly maybe a mid 3 rounder

Nelson Agholor, WR, USC Height: 6-1. Weight: 190.

Projected 40 Time: 4.50. Projected Round (2015): 1-3.
12/20/14: In 2014, Agholar has 97 receptions for 1,223 yards and 11 touchdowns. He made some huge, clutch catches to help USC beat Stanford. Agholor also destroyed California. He needs to improve his hands as he is prone to some drops. Agholor is a quick receiver who lacks elite speed, but he is a good route-runner who is dangerous after the catch. Agholor also could contribute on special teams in the NFL.

8/27/14: Agholor looks very similar to other USC wide receiver prospects. He has decent size and speed, but may not be elite in any category. Agholor should be the Trojans' No. 1 receiver in 2014, so it wouldn't be surprising if his production increased.

With Marqise Lee drawing lots of attention in 2013, Agholor broke out. The sophomore replaced Robert Woods as a starter in 2013 and had a solid debut. Agholor outproduced Lee for the year with 56 receptions for 918 yards and six scores. In 2012, Agholor had 18 catches for 341 yards and two touchdowns. He has some special teams ability as well.
If he's there in the 3rd he's a no brainer.....with that said doubt he drops that far unless he runs slow at the combine
I like him too, but the Niners need a #1 guy. They have plenty of 2nd-tier WRs.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

This.

IMO we MUST get a FAST WR who is strong enough to handle the Sherman's of the NFL and tall enough to go up and get the ball in the Red Zone. Not a 6'6" type guy but over 6'2"

Last year I wanted Beckham as starter and Montcrief as the developmental guy.

We still need the starter.
I'm an SC fan so I've been watching him for a while now. Love his game, but he seems fit for an offense like the Colts...where they spread it around a lot more.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

This.

IMO we MUST get a FAST WR who is strong enough to handle the Sherman's of the NFL and tall enough to go up and get the ball in the Red Zone. Not a 6'6" type guy but over 6'2"

Last year I wanted Beckham as starter and Montcrief as the developmental guy.

We still need the starter.

I don't think Beckam fits your height requirement, but I do get your point. For me, we need to get two receivers, with one of them being able to start on day one, no extra development needed. There is no excuse to not get one this year considering where we will draft. Regardless of who we take as our first receiver, the second one should have some deep speed. Basically too fast for a DB to get their hands on them at the line of scrimmage. I'd like to see corners playing 10 yards off this player (similar to Randy Moss in 2012) in fear of getting beat deep.

Nelson Agholor had a really good game, but I think whoever we pick in the first will cancel the need for Agholor.
No receivers this year unless we snag one of the top guys.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
upgrade over crabtree
Originally posted by xcfan:
upgrade over crabtree

That's what i am talking about plus if he is still around the 3rd or 4th more so the 4th if we dont sign a FA WR & Craptree & Johnson are gone u know we are going to need at least 2 rookie WR's draft a big target in the 1st 2 rounds & then in the mid rounds someone like Agholor that also return kicks would provide a boost to the thin receiving corps we have left.
Coming from a USC fan...

I see Agholar as a reliable #3 or #4 WR in the NFL. He is a reliable route runner, is decent after the catch and has good speed.

He is however incredibly flimsy, and I really question how he will handle the physicality of NFL press coverage. I think he is a player that will burn a D when they fail to account for him.

• xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LowerTheBoom:
Coming from a USC fan...

I see Agholar as a reliable #3 or #4 WR in the NFL. He is a reliable route runner, is decent after the catch and has good speed.

He is however incredibly flimsy, and I really question how he will handle the physicality of NFL press coverage. I think he is a player that will burn a D when they fail to account for him.

I like your use of "flimsy." Hardly ever see it applied to players. Sam Bradford is flimsy. Are you sure Nelson is not "wiry"?
Agholor's sturdy enough...he could be an alternative to Dorsett, who's got mad speed but weighs in @ 175, which really is light for the NFL. If Baalke chooses to go WR in the 1st, Jaelen Strong makes a ton of sense, given his size, toughness and 4.44 he ran at the combine.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Agholor's sturdy enough...he could be an alternative to Dorsett, who's got mad speed but weighs in @ 175, which really is light for the NFL. If Baalke chooses to go WR in the 1st, Jaelen Strong makes a ton of sense, given his size, toughness and 4.44 he ran at the combine.

Dorsett weighed in at 185 lbs. He is stronger than most think.

I really like Agholor... more so for other teams than SF, but I still think he's a good rd 2 prospect.
I like Agholor, but the Niners actually drafted him already when his name was Quentin Patton.

Pass.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Mar 3, 2015 at 10:26 PM ]
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
I like Agholor, but the Niners actually drafted him already when his name was Quentin Patton.

Pass.

I mentioned the same thing earlier. Agholor and Patton fill the same role, and the other roll he could fit is filled by Ellington.

I'm a Trojan and would love to see the guy in red and gold but both the 49ers and NA better off with him playing somewhere else.
Share 49ersWebzone