There are 144 users in the forums

Jamison Crowder-WR-Duke

One of the most explosive players in college football Jamison Crowder would inject speed and playmaking to any NFL team. A 5'9" 175lb not the size desired from a receiver at a NFL level. His speed and quickness/shiftiness helps him overcome is lack of size.

Positives : Stretches the field, good punt returner, good after the catch, good hands

Negatives : lack of size, has trouble getting off press, doesn't high point the ball,

Pro Comparisons : Boom = T.Y. Hilton Bust = Ted Ginn jr

Projected Rounds : Rounds 5-7

They draft Bruce Ellington last year and he is the same type player so I would pass.
I'm not saying we should draft him but if we want a upgrade at punt returner and a burner he is a option.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Walter Football

As a junior, Crowder made 108 catches for 1,360 yards with eight touchdowns. He had 76 receptions for 1,074 yards and eight scores as a sophomore.

Feature

[ Edited by DeUh on Jan 20, 2015 at 2:41 PM ]
Like Crowder well enough for a 6th/7th rd shot.. Maybe look in the 3rd for Devin Smith from OSU. He looks like a nice vertical threat, but is built much better for press and absorbing contact.
If he's really going to be drafted in the 5th round, I absolutely would draft him! I'm not sure he has top end speed, but he is still fast and posses good agility and explosiveness. He also seems to have good hands. He's at least worthy of being drafted where Ellington was imo
[ Edited by LZRD_WZRD on Dec 10, 2014 at 7:47 PM ]
I'd definitely take him with a 5th. Anything to upgrade our return game
I loved watching him against Texas A&M last year. Not only does he make tough catches but he is a willing blocker. He'll block his guy right up to the whistle. He destroyed one of the Texas A&M defenders right before the half.
He has pretty good speed, solid hands, and precise route running. I think he needs to get stronger though. He plays with some fire and attitude. I know people are going to think we already have Ellington, but I still think he'd be a steal in the later rounds.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/jamison-crowder-vs-texas-am-2013/
I like taking him for his return ability late in the draft. Like 6th or 7th round. He probably goes earlier, but if he's available that late, it's great value.

This would give us three receivers, but I don't have an issue. We carried 7 last season.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Just had himself a Crabtree moment

• lazy
  • Veteran
He looked good today.
what about the other duke receiver issac blackney--6-6 225 and looks to have some skills
Would love a guy like this in round 3 or 4. Don't think he makes it to round 5. He is a great return man and would be a very good slot receiver.
Originally posted by jordanroberts88:
I loved watching him against Texas A&M last year. Not only does he make tough catches but he is a willing blocker. He'll block his guy right up to the whistle. He destroyed one of the Texas A&M defenders right before the half.
He has pretty good speed, solid hands, and precise route running. I think he needs to get stronger though. He plays with some fire and attitude. I know people are going to think we already have Ellington, but I still think he'd be a steal in the later rounds.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/jamison-crowder-vs-texas-am-2013/

Exactly I think he would be a good draft pick for us
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Senior Bowl Day 1

NFL Media's Mike Mayock called Crowder one of the stars of Tuesday's North team practice, saying no one covered him today.

He touted Crowder's quickness out of breaks. While Crowder (5-foot-8 1/8, 174 pounds) looks like he'll be a slot receiver at the next level, Mayock also likes Crowder's ability as a return man.
[ Edited by DeUh on Jan 21, 2015 at 6:28 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone