LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Everett Golson

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Don't know about you guys, but the more I watch this kid play (Notre Dame) the more I think that he may be worth a 3rd rounder and have him backup Kaep..

He can make all type of necessary passes, and he's got that IT in him..
Originally posted by 9moon:
Don't know about you guys, but the more I watch this kid play (Notre Dame) the more I think that he may be worth a 3rd rounder and have him backup Kaep..

He can make all type of necessary passes, and he's got that IT in him..

Yeah he is looking great.

Comeback player of the year. Its a fairly weak year for QBs. I'd say its between Petty, Golson and Carden for top senior QBs.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Doubt he goes that high, but might be a good developmental prospect.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Golson's struggles cause for concern

It was a very rough day for Golson, who racked up 446 yards and two touchdowns but also threw four picks (including two that were returned for touchdowns) and lost a fumble. He was sacked seven times.

Now, the ball-security issues aren't new -- Golson has 17 turnovers in the past six games, including at least one pick in each. I've never believed that he was ready for the next level. He has plenty of developing to do. Saturday's game was another example of why he's still a raw project.

He showed his competitiveness in the second half, bringing the Irish within three of the Sun Devils after they trailed by 31. Golson, a senior, deserves credit for the plays he made, but overall, his pocket awareness and decision making were poor. The last pick-six he threw Saturday was not his fault, as the ball bounced off the receiver's chest. However, his ball-security issues remain a major concern.

Golson is at his best when he's on time -- when he can drop back, make a quick read and get the ball out of his hands, he looks more comfortable. But when he has to move around in the pocket, find throwing lanes and feel pressure, he's very much a work in progress.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000424624/article/notre-dames-everett-golson-still-raw-project-with-long-way-to-go
[ Edited by DeUh on Nov 10, 2014 at 9:46 PM ]
Haven't seen a lot of him but he definitely intrigues me. Those highlights made him look like a more physical Russell Wilson
iunno mannn. i see troy smith :(
I'd love to get him after the 3rd round.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I think he's just a faster Russell Wilson... and he seems to be carrying that "IT" in him as well..
He has a really nice arm and is a good athlete. He's probably the same height as Russell Wilson (5'11) but isn't as stout (has gained weight in college though). He has big hands which should help him and is sometimes a concern with undersized QB's, but he fumbles a lot both in the pocket and when he's scrambling. I think he'll go in the 3rd-4th round because of the success Russell Wilson has had as an undersized QB. It would help if he measures 6'0 instead of 5'11. There's no way he's the 6'1 he is listed at, but he has everything else and wins games.
Share 49ersWebzone