There are 179 users in the forums

Eric Striker- Oklahoma OLB

Anybody watch this Striker kid from Oklahoma? He's always around the ball and is putting constant pressure on opposing QBs. Very disruptive pass rusher. I wonder if he's big enough to play OLB in the NFL. Looks more like a safety, but if he could put on some weight, he might be a great pick for the Niners.
http://youtu.be/0_rv17yzc0k
http://youtu.be/OqLjBJPi1Jw
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Looks really small
Originally posted by jimrat:
Looks really small

Yea he'd have to put on some weight. Not sure he'll make it in the NFL at the same position, but he's been a force for OU.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Yea he'd have to put on some weight. Not sure he'll make it in the NFL at the same position, but he's been a force for OU.

Talented player but I don't know what he would play in the NFL. OLB in a 4-3? An undersized DE ala Elvis Dumervil, maybe an ILB in a 3-4?
He's tiny and only had 5.5 sacks last year. He's overrated because he had one huge game in the Sugar Bowl against Alabama.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Looks really small

The top rated OLB/pass rusher is Vic Beasley from Clemson and he is only 235 lbs. Striker is a force no matter what his measureables are. I would take him in the middle rounds.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
The top rated OLB/pass rusher is Vic Beasley from Clemson and he is only 235 lbs. Striker is a force no matter what his measureables are. I would take him in the middle rounds.

For the record, I think Beasley is too small for us too.

Beasley, 6'2", 235... 27 career sacks

Striker, 6'0", 218... 8.5 career sacks

Striker had 6.5 sacks last year and 3 of them came in a single game against a disinterested Alabama team.
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:

For the record, I think Beasley is too small for us too.

Beasley, 6'2", 235... 27 career sacks

Striker, 6'0", 218... 8.5 career sacks

Striker had 6.5 sacks last year and 3 of them came in a single game against a disinterested Alabama team.

After last week, looks like we found our OLB for the future in Lynch.

After last week, looks like we found our OLB for the future in Lynch.

Absolutely. He's really stepped up and made the most of his opportunity.
Share 49ersWebzone