LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

DE Shawn Oakman- Baylor

• jimrat
  • Veteran

HT- 6'9
WT- 285lbs
Caught my eye at how huge and chiseled he is for a guy that big. Guy to keep an eye on this year especially with Mcdonald being arrested and J. Smith a year older.
Played only a half yesterday and recorded 1-1/2 sacks

[ Edited by jimrat on Sep 20, 2014 at 9:59 PM ]
I was about to make this thread you b*****d..... I do think Oakman is an interesting prospect and someone I've been watching closely. Depending on how he performs, he could move way up the boards and be a very early 1st rounder.
It doesn't say how big?

Also, how fast?

Thanks
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
It doesn't say how big?

Also, how fast?

Thanks

6'8 289 4.83

(made all that up)
Like the OP stated with the futures of Justin and Ray uncertain beyond this year he could be an option. I'm very interested.
This dude stole from the mix (student snack shop) at Penn State hes a total beast though
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I was about to make this thread you b*****d..... I do think Oakman is an interesting prospect and someone I've been watching closely. Depending on how he performs, he could move way up the boards and be a very early 1st rounder.

6-9 280 gimme him in the first and let him gain ten more pounds. Need s to use his hands better but he's a beast. Really like him. Ed to talk Jones has to be some distante relative.
He's got a skinny trunk. Looks like he can get pushed around from the point of attack since he doesn't seem to have a good lower body development and may be too tall to get his pad level down.

I mean, he reminds me of Calais Campbell, but Campbell is closer to 300 lbs and has good girth on his legs.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
He's got a skinny trunk. Looks like he can get pushed around from the point of attack since he doesn't seem to have a good lower body development and may be too tall to get his pad level down.

I mean, he reminds me of Calais Campbell, but Campbell is closer to 300 lbs and has good girth on his legs.

Yea a little worried because he does tend to get too high. But can't say that he is getting pushed around by any means. Another 10 pounds of muscle and this guy would be unstoppable

Im down in Waco and have seen the kid play. Boy can he go! Not saying this bc Im a baylor fan but this kid has rare potential. Baylor has decent defensive coaches, but nothing like Tomsula and Fangio. He would be perfect here. This big b*****d bringing the pocket down with Aldon coming from the outside................. tits!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2015/nflmockdraft.html

Has us taking him at 17. Obviously mock drafts in September is very stupid, but it's still fun.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2015/nflmockdraft.html

Has us taking him at 17. Obviously mock drafts in September is very stupid, but it's still fun.

I'd pee myself from excitement of we got him, but we won't being picking that low.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran

[ Edited by DeUh on Oct 2, 2014 at 6:05 PM ]
Originally posted by DeUh:

Nice
Share 49ersWebzone