LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 208 users in the forums

Stefon Diggs-WR-Murrryland

Someone to keep an eye on throughout his junior season. Speedy, 5'11" playmaker, returns kicks and punts, rushes from out of the backfield, makes some big time catches down the field, reminds me a bit of Tavon Austin but with better hands. If he gets the ball in the open field, he's downright electric and can make defender's look pretty silly. He had a stellar freshman year, had some injuries this past season but I want to see if he can elevate his game this upcoming season which would potentially land him in the late 1st round. Right now I see him as a 2nd or 3rd rounder but time will tell where he goes.

The play at 2:25 in this first video is one of those that will get you out of your chair.

• sfout
  • Veteran
I've been watching him since his Under Armour game. Really would love to see him on the 9ers.

edit
Adding more to the conversation, amazing body control and what I like most is that he is evenly built, good weight distribution keeps him from getting that lanky look.
[ Edited by sfout on May 17, 2014 at 3:53 PM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
[ Edited by DeUh on Nov 10, 2014 at 9:30 PM ]
Looks like a great prospect. Hopefully he can come back healthy this season.
I love his aggressive demeanor too. He's an insane play-maker with a mean streak. Super talented and has superior eye hand feet coordination.

Definately deserves his own thread.
The next Randall Cobb
Originally posted by 49ers808:
The next Randall Cobb

Does play kinda like him for sure. He seemed to have a little more explosion & speed in his freshman video than the others.
Are we already starting the look out threads for next year?
Go Phoenix, lol
Diggs is really nifty & coordinated. And he has great hands. But so did Brandon Lloyd. The only question I have about this guy is how much does he weigh and how fast does he run. He has the skills of a great wide receiver, but if you're a smaller receiver (I've seen him listed at 190 or so), then I would prefer you to be BLAZING fast if I'm going to spend a really high pick on you (like Brandin Cooks is).
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Diggs is really nifty & coordinated. And he has great hands. But so did Brandon Lloyd. The only question I have about this guy is how much does he weigh and how fast does he run. He has the skills of a great wide receiver, but if you're a smaller receiver (I've seen him listed at 190 or so), then I would prefer you to be BLAZING fast if I'm going to spend a really high pick on you (like Brandin Cooks is).

As a high school senior he ran a 4.45

I'd expect him to run a sub 4.4 when he hits the combine

I'm sorry. I'm just not seeing it with this guy. I'm not saying he isn't a good prospect, but I don't see him as anywhere near #1 WR status. First of all, he's a terrible blocker; and "terrible" might be being nice. If you're 190 pounds, you'd better be one tough little SOB. Diggs does not look like he enjoys contact even a little bit. That wouldn't fly in the Niners' offense.

Second of all, he doesn't seem like he has the burst & stop / start speed to shake NFL defenders. It's working great in the ACC, but I think an NFL defender is gonna clean his clock & get in his head. He's very coordinated & will be a good NFL receiver IMO, but he looks like 2nd round material to me. Low 2nd.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Report: Maryland WR Stefon Diggs out with lacerated kidney

Maryland wide receiver Stefon Diggs is likely to miss the rest of the regular season with a lacerated kidney.

Diggs is Maryland's best player and the second-leading receiver in the Big Ten, and the Terps' depth at wide receiver is questionable. While Maryland isn't likely to beat Michigan State, the Terps finish the regular season with winnable games against Michigan and Rutgers.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000426140/article/report-maryland-wr-stefon-diggs-out-with-lacerated-kidney
He'll fall in our laps like Patton and Ellington now, although it's not a torn acl lol
Originally posted by DeUh:
Report: Maryland WR Stefon Diggs out with lacerated kidney

Maryland wide receiver Stefon Diggs is likely to miss the rest of the regular season with a lacerated kidney.

Diggs is Maryland's best player and the second-leading receiver in the Big Ten, and the Terps' depth at wide receiver is questionable. While Maryland isn't likely to beat Michigan State, the Terps finish the regular season with winnable games against Michigan and Rutgers.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000426140/article/report-maryland-wr-stefon-diggs-out-with-lacerated-kidney

Dang, he just can't stay healthy
Does Diggs return kicks?
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Nov 26, 2014 at 1:32 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone