LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 335 users in the forums

49ers 7th Rounder Kaleb Ramsey-DE/DT-Boston College

Surprised he has gotten very little attention. While I love Millard as the choice with the 49ers second 7th rounder, Ramsey is an interesting and promising prospect in his own right. Yes, he's injury prone and old(25) for a draft pick but looking more closely at him, he's a guy that Tomsula could definitely have some success with. He has very good pass rushing ability, is quick off the ball, has a solid motor and appears to be very tenacious in working his way through blocks and getting to the QB. The biggest wild card is his health, if he can stay healthy, he could be the next Ricky Jean Francois, Tony-Jerrod-Edie type success.

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Yeah, but can he still move like that after his injuries?

Wait... nevermind... Tomsula.

YAY!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
49ers roster has him listed as a LB.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
49ers roster has him listed as a LB.

Tony Pauline mentioned that as a possibility, for him to play around 260 or so. I'm not sure what his weight is at currently but that was one possibility that was discussed.
Good call Phoenix. I like this guy too. I was reminded of Ray McDonald when reading his scouting report. Ramsey is more perpetually injured than McDonald was, but both have very nice athleticism at 6'3" 295. He was an impact player when healthy.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Tony Pauline mentioned that as a possibility, for him to play around 260 or so. I'm not sure what his weight is at currently but that was one possibility that was discussed.

He still listed at 293 lbs.

Let's convert him to ILB to start while Bowman is out.

Who was that doot on the Steelers.... frak....

levon kirkland
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
levon kirkland

Yeah! Thanks!

Let's do it!

Nevermind... I'm sorry, Mr. Ramsey, sir.
Could someone out there explain what is WRONG with this guy? Did his strength training coach call him out too? Because this guy looks as impressive as it gets.

[ Edited by BrianGO on May 13, 2014 at 6:08 PM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
More interested in that #10 in Phoenix's video, looks pretty good
[ Edited by jimrat on May 13, 2014 at 6:15 PM ]

• LVJay
  • Veteran
I like. Hope he stays healthy and pans out... however, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu1JMbSLPvc

He was an all-state basketball player in high school in Pennsylvania. He did the most reps for a defensive lineman at the combine. He seems to have a lot of athleticism. If he stays healthy I think we got a steal here. He'll probably go to the PS as a rookie and take Okoye's spot unless there's massive improvement with him.
I remember when Isaac Sopoaga came out with injury problems.

Kirkland was around 275 pounds, it'll be interesting to see how they plan on using Ramsey, if they want him to drop weight if he's indeed going to go at LB.
Kirkland was around 275 pounds, it'll be interesting to see how they plan on using Ramsey, if they want him to drop weight if he's indeed going to go at LB.

That would be bizarro world if we converted him to linebacker. He had the most bench reps of any D-line at the combine. He looks like a DLman.

We got RJF, TJE, and Dobbs in the 7th, UFA, and UFA respectively. That is a nice haul, and I hope we continue the trend with this guy.
Share 49ersWebzone