LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

MODS: Official mock draft thread?

Can we do a Pinned thread for mock drafts? All of these mocks are getting overwhelming.
They would make for better reading if they didnt use unrealistic sh*t like fanspeak N Madden to make them ....
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
They would make for better reading if they didnt use unrealistic sh*t like fanspeak N Madden to make them ....

THIS

IF I SEE ONE MORE MOCK THAT HAS US TAKING TUITT WITH OUR SECOND PICK I AM GOING TO DESTROY THE INTERNET
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
LOL
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Quest4six:
THIS

IF I SEE ONE MORE MOCK THAT HAS US TAKING TUITT WITH OUR SECOND PICK I AM GOING TO DESTROY THE INTERNET

lol, what about center in the 2nd round, will you promise to destroy the internet then?
Originally posted by LVJay:
lol, what about center in the 2nd round, will you promise to destroy the internet then?

As long as its Marcus Martin we are all safe.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
But a center in the 2nd, really... then it better be our last of the 2 we have. I'd rather snag J. Mathews and/or D. Moncrief with the 2nd rd picks.

This made me laugh cause it's true.
Mock drafts are practically useless. One or two trades or shock picks and the entire mock board is worthless. I'm fairly certain we'll draft a CB and trade up to do so. Other than that, is anyone's guess.
[ Edited by Olejohnnyboy on Apr 9, 2014 at 11:29 PM ]
I'm fine with people creating a new thread for their mock draft if they put time into it and talk about the prospect and why they choose them. All these fan speak ones should have just been put in the fan speak mock draft thread. You could have a sub forum for mock drafts. One thread would get pretty cluttered. There wouldn't be too many threads in the draft forum without mock drafts though. As for mocks they use to be a big deal when only experts on sites would post them or the most knowledgeable posters on a message board but now it seems like everyone and their grandma has a mock draft. They don't mean a whole lot anymore, especially when people don't put any time into them. At least put why you chose the player and talk about the player a little bit if you are going to make a new thread. No need for a new thread to make a list.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 10, 2014 at 9:02 AM ]

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Travisty13:

This made me laugh cause it's true.

Originally posted by Gore_21:
I'm fine with people creating a new thread for their mock draft if they put time into it and talk about the prospect and why they choose them. All these fan speak ones should have just been put in the fan speak mock draft thread. You could have a sub forum for mock drafts. One thread would get pretty cluttered. There wouldn't be too many threads in the draft forum without mock drafts though. As for mocks they use to be a big deal when only experts on sites would post them or the most knowledgeable posters on a message board but now it seems like everyone and their grandma has a mock draft. They don't mean a whole lot anymore, especially when people don't put any time into them. At least put why you chose the player and talk about the player a little bit if you are going to make a new thread. No need for a new thread to make a list.

This.

The worst ones I have seen don't even use these tools, you are so unimpressed with. At least with these tools, you can't pick all first round talent in the second round. They aren't available.

I played with the Fanspeak, a bit not perfect. But not awful either. They have 49ers with a large RB need (which can be seen if you pick another team). Not something they have in my estimation. So it will pick a RB in the first 100 picks, which won't happen. But the other auto picks were pretty good.

Also you don't have to know a darn thing about the prospects to come up with a reasonable mock.
Originally posted by OldJoe:

The worst ones I have seen don't even use these tools, you are so unimpressed with. At least with these tools, you can't pick all first round talent in the second round. They aren't available.

I played with the Fanspeak, a bit not perfect. But not awful either. They have 49ers with a large RB need (which can be seen if you pick another team). Not something they have in my estimation. So it will pick a RB in the first 100 picks, which won't happen. But the other auto picks were pretty good.

Also you don't have to know a darn thing about the prospects to come up with a reasonable mock.

Not knowing anything about tha prospects makes for tha worst mock ....H*ll I don't watch much college football N watch 0% of YouTube highlight videos but at least I read up on tha players N pay attention to what rounds they are listed to go in ...Guess what I mean is a little work can go along way. ...
What is this fanspeak you speak of? i have honestly never heard of it. I guess im too oldschool....

But yes, i havent been able to get as much enjoyment out of the draft room this season simply because it has blown up. I woul say there is atleast tripple the traffic there was this time last year.

I admit my mocks this season havent been up to my normal standards, but TBH, i have simply been swamped with the new job. I havent been able to keep up with the webzone period. I do have a final mock in the works, im not sure when it will get done, but it will put all my previous mocks that were rushed in my spare time to shame.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
What is this fanspeak you speak of? i have honestly never heard of it. I guess im too oldschool....

But yes, i havent been able to get as much enjoyment out of the draft room this season simply because it has blown up. I woul say there is atleast tripple the traffic there was this time last year.

I admit my mocks this season havent been up to my normal standards, but TBH, i have simply been swamped with the new job. I havent been able to keep up with the webzone period. I do have a final mock in the works, im not sure when it will get done, but it will put all my previous mocks that were rushed in my spare time to shame.
Its a draft simulator. You pick a team, and pick the players for that Team. It'll auto generate all other teams picks based on their "big board". It's more of a fun, time killing game. But people are taking it to extreme on here and posting it here like they did actual work or in depth on the prospects. You, Phoenix, OTC, etc. actually put a lot into their mocks. Fanspeak mocks are a joke imo. There's a similar website called "First pick" that does the same, but you can do a million trades in it too. They're games and very unrealistic, but people love posting them in a separate thread instead of the draft simulator thread that exists.
[ Edited by Travisty13 on Apr 10, 2014 at 3:11 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone