LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Who is the #3 QB in this draft and where does he get selected?

Who is the #3 QB in this draft and where does he get selected?

The top 2 QB'S are set and they will be gone by pick #4 at the latest. Who is your #3 QB and where do they get picked? Last year there was an early run on QB'S in the first 12 picks. Ponder and Locker went higher than expected. Is history going to repeat or will most teams wait for the 2nd round or later?

My guess is that Tannehill has the biggest upside of all the remaining QB's and he will not make it past pick #20, especially if he has a great Pro Day.

The rest will have to wait until the late first where someone like the Niners could trade back or at the latest the Seahawks picking in the 12th slot.

Your thoughts........
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Mar 3, 2012 at 12:39 PM ]
rumour is mike shanahan really like brandon weeden, and that skins could trade down and take weeden later in rd 1
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hofer36:
rumour is mike shanahan really like brandon weeden, and that skins could trade down and take weeden later in rd 1

Is he the one thats 29?
Tannehill is a badass and may go in the Top 10. Why is this even up for discussion?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Tannehill is a badass and may go in the Top 10. Why is this even up for discussion?

agreed. Tannehill will not fall past the dolphins, then I think Weeden goes in round 2 to either the Jets, Seahawks, Chargers(isn't volek like 40 years old), then Osweiller will go pretty quickly after Weeden to any of those teams or the early 3rd to the bucs or bears.
Depends on who gets Flynn but I think Tannehill goes to Seahawks. Maybe the Chiefs?
Tannehill to Washington 6th overall wouldn't surprise me.

Then I can see Seattle trading up for Osweiler. 3-4 will go 1st round.
Tannehill but heard Cousins looked great. Have seen him play at least 3 times in the last two years and he can get it done.

If any of these QB's make it to the end of the first round and pick #30, the Niners could use it as leverage to pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick from the teams that are desperate for a QB. The draft is a crap shoot and the teams that don't get a free agent QB like Flynn or make the trade with the Rams for RG3 may be willing to deal. The Niners can afford to move down into the early 2nd and still get the player that they want. Anything is possible.....
i hoping no one reaches for tannehill in the top 15 so we can find suitor to trade back with out of the 1st.

I dont even know why osweiler would go any sooner than 5th but he will probably go in the 2nd or 3rd for some reason that i do not see

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Tannehill to Washington 6th overall wouldn't surprise me.

Then I can see Seattle trading up for Osweiler. 3-4 will go 1st round.

stop it

I've heard the Tannehill rumor, bur Osweiler in the 1st round? You're my boy and everything AB but that's not happening. Weeden is the most sure thing after Luck and RG3 but obviously age will hold him back in the draft. Tannehill is probably the other guy to consider here.

Osweiler isn't even a top 5 QB in this class
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
stop it

I've heard the Tannehill rumor, bur Osweiler in the 1st round? You're my boy and everything AB but that's not happening. Weeden is the most sure thing after Luck and RG3 but obviously age will hold him back in the draft. Tannehill is probably the other guy to consider here.

Osweiler isn't even a top 5 QB in this class

agreed I wouldn't be surprised if Cousin came off the board before him, but I'm just thinking that if Osweiler has a half decent pro day someone will go "ZOMG MUST DRAFT!" and take him as soon as Weeden goes off the board.
Tannehill will be a seahawk
I just don't get why most people are high on Tannehill. I am a Texas A&M grad and go to most home games during the season and watch all of the rest. He is not that great. It would be extremely risky to pick him in the first round. I do see some upside but I just don't see him being that good in the long run. Although, I must say, barring who drafts him..I hope he has a successful career.

With that being said..I hope the Seahawks pick him. Good kid but just dont get it.
[ Edited by 9erguy on Mar 5, 2012 at 8:33 AM ]

How did you come to this conclusion?
Share 49ersWebzone