There are 186 users in the forums

How to fix the Secondary!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How to fix the Secondary!

Our secondary gets raped by above average quaterbacks. How can we fix this?
get to the passer
  • rob28
  • Veteran
new personnel. that was easy.
Send them to China.
sh*****T you left out all the above.....we stank!!! yea and i know it's only week 1
The secondary wasn't that horrible. Clements should of had a pick 6 before the hawks picked up their first first down in the game via phantom P.I call. Brown and Clements bit on 2 double moves and got burned for 14 points. Although Spencer also got burned, Hassellback put the ball where only his WR could of caught it so you can't really blame him. That phantom P.I call was the momentum changer IMO.
1) FA CB.
2) Draft Free Safety.
3) FA Strong Safety.
4) Draft CB.

New secondary and start over. That's how.

Originally posted by Go49erss:
The secondary wasn't that horrible. Clements should of had a pick 6 before the hawks picked up their first first down in the game via phantom P.I call. Brown and Clements bit on 2 double moves and got burned for 14 points. Although Spencer also got burned, Hassellback put the ball where only his WR could of caught it so you can't really blame him. That phantom P.I call was the momentum changer IMO.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
1) FA CB.
2) Draft Free Safety.
3) FA Strong Safety.
4) Draft CB.

Add Mars SS. FAST. He will change the play of the others. He's a gamee
first get bly (fix for this year)
then draft prince or peterson or williams
restrucure clements
start mays at SS

• Apone
  • Veteran
Draft another stud like BY, who can play the run and the pass, instead of wasting 1st round picks on guys like Mcgrew and Balmer
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
get to the passer

1) FA CB.
2) Draft Free Safety.
3) FA Strong Safety.
4) Draft CB.

Cosigned. THe only guy that can stay is Spencer. The rest can GTFO.
I don't understand why they are gambling like they are. Manusky appeared to put them in decent positions today. If you watch the Butler score, Brown jumped the hitch even though Clements had the short route covered, and Brown's responsibility was definitely to play deeper. If anything, the CBs just have to be more disciplined, Laboy needs to see the field more to rush the passer, and Willis has to blitz more. Overall though it appeared to me that Manusky had appropriate coverages called and decent rush schemes.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
1) FA CB.
2) Draft Free Safety.
3) FA Strong Safety.
4) Draft CB.

Cosigned. THe only guy that can stay is Spencer. The rest can GTFO.

Spencer got roached today. He looked just as bad as anybody.
Share 49ersWebzone