LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Kiper's grades are in

Quote:
San Francisco 49ers
Summary: Give San Francisco credit. Early on in the draft it had a chance to get better in a couple of places and decided to get a lot better in one. But consider the trickle-down effect: By taking Anthony Davis, the left tackle with the highest upside in the draft -- emphasis on "upside" -- and then a lock to be a good NFL guard in Mike Iupati, the Niners are a better running team right now. The passing game suddenly seems better as well. Taylor Mays at No. 49 is a good value selection, and the kid will be motivated, but I think we're past pretending he was a steal because of his size-speed combination. His tape fell really flat. Navorro Bowman has size questions, but he's better than No. 91 overall.
Draft grade: B

Seattle got an A by the way, Arizona B+ and STL C+
Who the hell is Mel Kiper Jr.?
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Quote:
San Francisco 49ers
Summary: Give San Francisco credit. Early on in the draft it had a chance to get better in a couple of places and decided to get a lot better in one. But consider the trickle-down effect: By taking Anthony Davis, the left tackle with the highest upside in the draft -- emphasis on "upside" -- and then a lock to be a good NFL guard in Mike Iupati, the Niners are a better running team right now. The passing game suddenly seems better as well. Taylor Mays at No. 49 is a good value selection, and the kid will be motivated, but I think we're past pretending he was a steal because of his size-speed combination. His tape fell really flat. Navorro Bowman has size questions, but he's better than No. 91 overall.

I bet if we drafted Clausen and traded the rest of our picks for peanuts Kiper would have given us an A.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Quote:
San Francisco 49ers

I understand the Seattle lovefest, but how does Arizona get rated higher than us?

Must've been the Day 3 picks since we didn't have that many
Solid Grade. We do still lack a real play-making cover safety and do still need some depth at corner along with a change of pace back. It was a good draft, not a great one but a good one. It has a chance to be a great one or a colossal flop, it all depends on the coaching.
Originally posted by CHAMBAZ:
Who the hell is Mel Kiper Jr.?

LOL.....
what an asshat
I don't mind draft grades don't mean anything. We will revisit this one in a few years.
do people still think we drafted Mays to be FS?
personally it's about right. the 1st four picks were solid but i believe as a team we let some good value picks go by us thus causing the slide in the grading. but I'll take a B anyday.

If Iupati turns out to be the next Larry Allen, which I think he could, the draft will be graded as A++++
I think a B grade is about right. I also think Seattle had a much better draft and deserves their A grade
From John Czarneck in Fox Sports

The 49ers bolstered their offensive line and didn’t take a quarterback, meaning they will stick with Alex Smith this season. Anthony Davis of Rutgers will be given every chance to start at right tackle this season while Idaho guard Mike Iupati is a tremendous run blocker with a nasty streak. These two players will allow the 49ers to pound the ball while also providing Smith with better pocket protection. Free safety Taylor Mays of USC was considered a top ten pick a year ago, but he slipped this season because he didn’t track the deep ball very well and missed so many interception opportunities. But Mays can run and tackle and should be a good fit. He is motivated to prove his worth, too. Mississippi State RB Anthony Dixon was a one-man offense in college and is a good fit behind Frank Gore. LB Navorro Bowman played well at Penn State, but his draft stock fell because of some off-the-field issues.
Grade: A
I dont care what all these "experts" say cant truly evaluate a draft class at least for 3 years
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
Kiper is spot on.

I don't know how you think this draft deserved higher than a B.
Share 49ersWebzone