LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 142 users in the forums

Mock draft with trade scenario

The Eagles have acquired #37 from the Redskins, and with this they could package their #24 and#37 to move up in the draft. They are rumored to want a DE or CB. With the top 4 OT most likely going before we draft at #13, the 49ers are in a prime position to trade down.

Here is how I see the draft going with the first 17 picks, plus the rest of the 49ers picks.

1. Rams: Sam Bradford, QB
The Rams all but announced today that they are drafting Bradford with the release of Bulger. They have made the mistake of not taking a franchise QB twice, they will not do that again.

2. Lions: Ndamukong Suh, DT
The Lions will take the best player on the board and he fits a need, their defense was horrible last year.

3. Buccaneers: Gerald McCoy, DT
The Buccs want a DT and McCoy fits their system and a need.

4. Redskins: Russell Okung, OT
Obvious pick after the acquisition of McNabb.

5. Chiefs: Eric Berry, FS
The Chiefs could go OT here, but Berry is the BPA and he fits a need.

6. Seahawks: Bryan Bulaga, OT
Seahawks need an OT more than Carroll wants Claussen.

7. Browns: Jimmy Claussen, QB
Holmgren will take Claussen despite his statements that he will not. I could see Holmgren trading for Jason Campbell with a 4th or 5th round pick and if he does then the pick will be Joe Haden.

8. Raiders: Bruce Campbell, OT
No doubt that the Raiders will take this freakish athlete!

9. Bills: Trent Williams, OT
With Claussen off the board, the decision is easy.

10. Jaguars: Jason Pierre-Paul, DE
Jags need a pass rush to compete with Peyton Manning and the Colts.

11. Broncos: Dez Bryant, WR
Marshall will be traded and this makes WR one of their top needs. Bryant is still too good of a prospect to pass.

12. Dolphins: Dan Williams, DT
Bill Parcells strikes me as someone who will not take McClain. I think Williams is the pick.

13. Eagles (from 49ers): Derrick Morgan, DE
49ers trade #13,#49 and #113 to the Eagles for #24, 37, 55 and 200.
The Eagles want a pass rushing DE and Morgan is highly regarded as the top DE.

14. Seahawks: CJ Spiller, RB
Carroll gets his play maker.

15. Giants: Rolando McClain, LB
Easy choice for the Giants as their ILB core is thin after the release of Pierce.

16. Titans: Joe Haden, CB
With both Morgan and JPP gone, the Titans take a consolation prize in Haden. Haden will pair with Finnegan to make a top CB tandem to challenge Manning.

17. 49ers: Anthony Davis, OT
At #17, the 49ers get their ROT with minimal investment. Davis falls because of weight problems and character issues. Singletary is a leader of men and he is just the person to mold this young player.

24. Kyle Wilson, CB
Our CB position is thin, one injury and we are in trouble. Wilson can also return punts.

37. Maurkice Pouncey, C
Can start off at G and move to C in a year or two when Heitmann retires or plays out his contract. Pouncey is considered the next best interior lineman after Iupati.

55. Nate Allen, FS
Will challenge Goldson for playing time and insurance in case Lewis is injured, allowing Goldson to move to SS.

79. Cam Thomas, NT
Give us a big body to back up Franklin, plus a little insurance in case we can't sign Franklin to a long term deal.

145. Kam Chancellor, SS
Kam is a big physical Safety at 230 lbs and 6'3", he offers a big prospect to take over for Lewis.

182. LeRoy Vann, CB/RS
Vann is more quick than he is fast, gives us another punt returner option and fills our ST with young talent.

200. Brandon Carter, OG
Raw and HUGE, at 330 lbs this guy brings youth and tenacity to the OL. Will be practice squad candidate if he can not beat our Wragge.

206. Greg Hardy, OLB
Hardy falls after being a former first round hopeful. Injuries and work ethic have caused him to fall. Another project for Singletary with a lot of potential.

224. Sean Canfield, QB
Provides competition for Davis. Another live arm for training camp. Might make the practice squad.

I think that with the top 4 OT off of the board, the 49ers need to shop #13. With the recent rumors of the Eagles wanting to draft a DE, I see this as an opportunity to make a trade and get some extra picks.

I would love it if the 49ers could get both Davis and Pouncey!

Plus this is a different draft than all of the others I have seen out there.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
I like the trade, it would never happen but it would be awesome if it did. I like most of the draft except for using the seventh on a quarterback. It should be used on a potential special teams player instead of someone who has no chance of making the roster and a very slim chance of making the practice squad.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
last pick is a waste... he will not compete with davis
nice trade
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:

Defense and O-line, I LIKE it. Take out the QB in the 7th round and I like all the picks. Great mock.
game over. this is the best trade and draft picks i've seen by far on all the sites i've read up on. is it going to happen? wish it does
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
The Eagles have acquired #37 from the Redskins, and with this they could package their #24 and#37 to move up in the draft. They are rumored to want a DE or CB. With the top 4 OT most likely going before we draft at #13, the 49ers are in a prime position to trade down.

Here is how I see the draft going with the first 17 picks, plus the rest of the 49ers picks.

The Rams all but announced today that they are drafting Bradford with the release of Bulger. They have made the mistake of not taking a franchise QB twice, they will not do that again.

The Lions will take the best player on the board and he fits a need, their defense was horrible last year.

Holmgren will take Claussen despite his statements that he will not. I could see Holmgren trading for Jason Campbell with a 4th or 5th round pick and if he does then the pick will be Joe Haden.

Marshall will be traded and this makes WR one of their top needs. Bryant is still too good of a prospect to pass.

Bill Parcells strikes me as someone who will not take McClain. I think Williams is the pick.

Easy choice for the Giants as their ILB core is thin after the release of Pierce.

With both Morgan and JPP gone, the Titans take a consolation prize in Haden. Haden will pair with Finnegan to make a top CB tandem to challenge Manning.

At #17, the 49ers get their ROT with minimal investment. Davis falls because of weight problems and character issues. Singletary is a leader of men and he is just the person to mold this young player.

24. Kyle Wilson, CB
Our CB position is thin, one injury and we are in trouble. Wilson can also return punts.

37. Maurkice Pouncey, C
Can start off at G and move to C in a year or two when Heitmann retires or plays out his contract. Pouncey is considered the next best interior lineman after Iupati.

55. Nate Allen, FS
Will challenge Goldson for playing time and insurance in case Lewis is injured, allowing Goldson to move to SS.

79. Cam Thomas, NT
Give us a big body to back up Franklin, plus a little insurance in case we can't sign Franklin to a long term deal.

145. Kam Chancellor, SS
Kam is a big physical Safety at 230 lbs and 6'3", he offers a big prospect to take over for Lewis.

182. LeRoy Vann, CB/RS
Vann is more quick than he is fast, gives us another punt returner option and fills our ST with young talent.

200. Brandon Carter, OG
Raw and HUGE, at 330 lbs this guy brings youth and tenacity to the OL. Will be practice squad candidate if he can not beat our Wragge.

206. Greg Hardy, OLB
Hardy falls after being a former first round hopeful. Injuries and work ethic have caused him to fall. Another project for Singletary with a lot of potential.

224. Sean Canfield, QB
Provides competition for Davis. Another live arm for training camp. Might make the practice squad.

I think that with the top 4 OT off of the board, the 49ers need to shop #13. With the recent rumors of the Eagles wanting to draft a DE, I see this as an opportunity to make a trade and get some extra picks.

Helluva trade, but its unbalanced in favor of us by quite a bit. A fair trade is our #13, 2nd, and 4th, for their #24, #37, and #55.
Originally posted by nickbradley:

24. Kyle Wilson, CB

37. Maurkice Pouncey, C

55. Nate Allen, FS

79. Cam Thomas, NT

145. Kam Chancellor, SS

182. LeRoy Vann, CB/RS

200. Brandon Carter, OG

206. Greg Hardy, OLB

224. Sean Canfield, QB

Helluva trade, but its unbalanced in favor of us by quite a bit. A fair trade is our #13, 2nd, and 4th, for their #24, #37, and #55.

According to the chart:

49ers: 13 (1150) + 49 (410) + 113 (68) = 1,628
Eagles: 24 (740) + 37 (530) + 55 (350) + 200 (12.4) = 1,632.4

That's a whopping 4.4 points. Did I do my math wrong? I had the points in favor of the 49ers because in my scenario, the Eagles want to trade up. The Eagles have 11 picks, and they do not want to draft that many players. This scenario gives them a top DE plus they get rid of one of their 7th rounders.

We still get Davis, Pouncey AND Wilson!

• DVDA
  • Veteran

24. Kyle Wilson, CB

37. Maurkice Pouncey, C

55. Nate Allen, FS

79. Cam Thomas, NT

145. Kam Chancellor, SS

182. LeRoy Vann, CB/RS

200. Brandon Carter, OG

206. Greg Hardy, OLB

224. Sean Canfield, QB

Thanks for quoting the OP, I would have had absolutely no idea you were responding to it if you hadn't.
Originally posted by 23zack80:

Thanks for quoting the OP, I would have had absolutely no idea you were responding to it if you hadn't.

While your post was funny, you just did the same thing...
Zack, nvm...

The more I think about this scenario, the more I like it!

I have gone back to see who I could replace our last pick with. I chose the QB because we will need a live arm in camp to throw the ball.

I wouldn't mind getting another player who could contribute to special teams, but I don't see anyone on all of the big boards I think much of.

Someone care to help me out with who to select instead?

[ Edited by DynastyPart2 on Apr 9, 2010 at 15:47:37 ]
Share 49ersWebzone