There are 178 users in the forums

Goldson willing to move to SS if 9ers select Thomas

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Am I the only one who still likes Lewis I know he's had concussions but I hope he sticks with us our D was solid for the most part.
Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:
Am I the only one who still likes Lewis I know he's had concussions but I hope he sticks with us our D was solid for the most part.

NO, I like Lewis too but it's high risk to have him and no one to replace him if and when he goes out again. Also we need more coverage guys in our secondary.
i think scotty's fine with Reggie Smith or Curtis Taylor replacing Lewis if injured. I was impressed with both these guys in the preseason so why not give them a chance. Im not against drafting, berry, thomas, or Chad Jones though either.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
why do pro athletes insist on typing like that online? like P willys twitter makes him look like a dumbass douche.

because they're only allowed 140 characters to respond
k
I'd much rather see us sign Bushrod or Gaither...and give up one of our 1st rd picks. If that were to happen, I don't see any reason Singletary/Mac would make Thomas their sole 1st rd pick. DL, OG (Iupati), or CB would be far better picks IMHO. Goldson shows good team colors, though, and that's what will get us to the next level...team first.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:

Lewis has been pretty awesome. But he is an injury waiting to happen
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by IDontGetNaked:
Wudnt?

ys

srsly?

hes 4 rel

no sht?

orly?

-9fA

i dont want thomas he is undersized and i could see him getting ran over by steven jackson and beanie wells i would prefer we draft taylor mays the fastest safety at the combine he ran a 4.24 forty with his size 6ft 3 230lbs d goldson can stay where he is at fs and we acquire a big hitter at ss last big hitter we drafted out of usc is in the hall of fame ronnie lott we need a big hitter with speed mays fills both needs lets face it mike lewis is a concussion or two away from retirement and he is slow a liability in pass coverage taylor mays reminds me of a younger faster adrian wilson ss for cardinals mays would instantly improve our run defense with his support and our pass defense with his speed and instinct i know all the mays haters are going to say he didn't have alot of ints at usc he said at combine his coaches hold him to be a head hunter and knockout recievers instead of worrying about picks i saw senior bowl he had an int in that game not worried about his picks they will increase with better coaching he is a big hitter with speed something our secondary has been missing since lott laid the woo hits on opposing players coming cross the middle
^^^WTF!!!^^^

Great team player, but he knows his body will not hold.
[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Mar 8, 2010 at 10:45 AM ]

Originally posted by 49ersswagger:
i dont want thomas he is undersized and i could see him getting ran over by steven jackson and beanie wells i would prefer we draft taylor mays the fastest safety at the combine he ran a 4.24 forty with his size 6ft 3 230lbs d goldson can stay where he is at fs and we acquire a big hitter at ss last big hitter we drafted out of usc is in the hall of fame ronnie lott we need a big hitter with speed mays fills both needs lets face it mike lewis is a concussion or two away from retirement and he is slow a liability in pass coverage taylor mays reminds me of a younger faster adrian wilson ss for cardinals mays would instantly improve our run defense with his support and our pass defense with his speed and instinct i know all the mays haters are going to say he didn't have alot of ints at usc he said at combine his coaches hold him to be a head hunter and knockout recievers instead of worrying about picks i saw senior bowl he had an int in that game not worried about his picks they will increase with better coaching he is a big hitter with speed something our secondary has been missing since lott laid the woo hits on opposing players coming cross the middle

Are u serious? You do know that you and end sentences with periods, right?
Originally posted by mike9er:

Not sure what to say to this............an entire paragraph transformed into one incohesive heap of garbage that made little to no sense.
Originally posted by KknighthawkK_9er:

Not sure what to say to this............an entire paragraph transformed into one incohesive heap of garbage that made little to no sense.

In argumentation and debate this is called the text wall tactic.
Mike Mayock was talking about this during the combine. He thinks the days of the SS/FS distinction are coming to an end. The NFL is such a pass happy league that it makes more sense to have two ball hawks at the safety positions. In that regard, who ever the 49ers pair with Goldson should be a ball hawk, free safety type, not a SS. Keep Goldson at "SS" but let him play like a FS. It's not like Goldson can't hit ...
Originally posted by KknighthawkK_9er:

And the period key isn't broken bc he managed to put one in the 40 time. I stopped reading after 2 lines.
Share 49ersWebzone