There are 192 users in the forums

Dropped Passes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
Amongst other things this was a key contribution to the loss today. At the last count (After Davis missed the TD) the Announcers said it was up to 9!!

I hate to criticise Davis after his season thus far, but he needs to make that catch if he wants to become 'special'
Pro Bowlers make that catch...
Originally posted by Stuuk:
Amongst other things this was a key contribution to the loss today. At the last count (After Davis missed the TD) the Announcers said it was up to 9!!

I hate to criticise Davis after his season thus far, but he needs to make that catch if he wants to become 'special'

Too many drops.
if anything. Vernon is already a probowl TE, but he needs to make those plays to win games to be a HOF TE!! & Michael needed to get his hands in the air, take the hit, and make that play!! He's just a rookie, but to be worth what you say you are, get your hands up and make a play and take the hit!!

[ Edited by 49ersnum1 on Dec 6, 2009 at 16:37:38 ]
Gonzalez would've made that catch.
Change thread title to "Dropped TD Passes"

There were 3 that I counted today. Walker (there was interference but still shoulda caught it). Davis ( Right through his hands). Crabtree (as surehanded as he was a few weeks ago, he dropped a bunch today including the TD. he was spooked)
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
if anything. Vernon is already a probowl TE, but he needs to make those plays to win games to be a HOF TE!! & Michael needed to get his hands in the air, take the hit, and make that play!! He's just a rookie, but to be worth what you say you are, get your hands up and make a play and take the hit!!

F*ck the Hall of Fame...

How about making those plays to win the game for your team???

Alex Smith played as great a game as you can play and his receivers pretty much blew it for him. I want to see the Smith bashers try and put this one on Alex's shoulders. This was a disgrace...and to be honest...if they bring back Bly for the rest of this season I'll be very disappointed. He has played some of the most horrible football I have ever seen from a corner with his talent.
Originally posted by zozell:

There were 3 that I counted today. Walker (there was interference but still shoulda caught it). Davis ( Right through his hands). Crabtree (as surehanded as he was a few weeks ago, he dropped a bunch today including the TD. he was spooked)

Exactly and i think one or two last week. Anyone b***hin about smith today needs to look at facts. He reached 300 because he spread the ball. Imagine if he passed for what he did, and they made those 3td catches.

Thats the difference between good and great teams. Great may have one key TD drop if that. Good doesnt even have 3, so u be the judge.
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zozell:

With the fumble also deep in Seattle territory, and the dropped TD passes we definitely left a lot (too many!) points on the field!
Originally posted by niners94:
Gonzalez would've made that catch.

no doubt. So would have Clark, Gates etc

WAY TOO MANY DROPPED PASSES today and all season for that matter.

Crabtree, Morgan, VD, and Bruce have all let too many balls fall incomplete this season. A couple of those drops have cost the team wins.
  • Mex49

and that guy ain't worth top 5 money.

actually, apparently they dont, because VD will be the NFC starting TE at the pro bowl this year. and its not even close.
We do it every game. It's what we are special at.
Yeah, story of the game today.....helped result in 1 for 13 on 3rd downs. Wins are hard to come by with that percentage. It was a team loss....players, coaches and even officials all contributed.

Here's the good news....this is a young, talented team that will get better provided that Scotty (or another GM) go out and get the team 3-4 more players that can make plays in the fourth quarter of games.

Some guys have to grow into those players and the Niners have a few....Alex, V Davis, Morgan, and Crabtree will all get better with more experience. A few more veteran players like Justin Smith would really help this team, especially one on the offensive line and a pass rusher.

Sing has said he wants winners....well, the Niners simply don't have quite enough of them just yet. Let's hope they can find a few more for next year. We should all be very encouraged by what we have seen from Alex this year. He has grown tremendously and looks like he could be the guy going forward.
Share 49ersWebzone