LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Greinke wins Cy Young Award

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4663979
Well deserved. I'm glad they chose the best pitcher, as opposed to the pitcher with the most W's. In the Cy Young race, the W total can be such an overrated statistic.
There was no doubt in my mind that he was most deserving, whether or not he would get it I had no idea.
i have no idea who that is
He was the logical choice although King Felix was also very deserving. They were the only 2 possible winners as far as I was concerned.
Congrats, he definitely deserved it!
Originally posted by teeohh:
i have no idea who that is

The guy flat out dominated, but because he played for the Royals, he didn't have that many wins to show for it.... kinda like Tim Lincecum this year. It's a longshot, but I hope Timmy gets it on Thursday.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
When do they give Wainwright his Cy Young?
Originally posted by jrg:

NL Cy Young is this Thursday. Nvmd
[ Edited by HaiGuise on Nov 17, 2009 at 12:20 PM ]

Well deserved.

LOL He wasnt even the best pitcher on his team. I wont be shocked if he wins the award but he should finish 3rd based on the year he had.

Lincecum beat Wainwright on every category that he could control:
ERA
WHIP
K's
Shutouts
Quality Starts

Wainwright beat him in 1 area - wins. Jeez.. you think having Pujols and Holiday on the Giants might have resulted in Timmy winning 20??????
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

LOL He wasnt even the best pitcher on his team. I wont be shocked if he wins the award but he should finish 3rd based on the year he had.

ERA
WHIP
K's
Shutouts
Quality Starts

Wainwright beat him in 1 area - wins. Jeez.. you think having Pujols and Holiday on the Giants might have resulted in Timmy winning 20??????

Giants fans are here

ERA
WHIP
K's
Shutouts
Quality Starts

Giants fans are here

But they're valid points.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

ERA
WHIP
K's
Shutouts
Quality Starts

Giants fans are here

But they're valid points.

It doesnt matter to JRG, his Cardnials are always better than everybody else, no matter what
Share 49ersWebzone