There are 232 users in the forums

Trade for Kevin Kolb bandwagon

Shop 49ers game tickets
Lots of talent, and has received top notch QB coaching over the last few years. Hop on the bandwagon!
this actually makes plenty of sense. he's a really good qb

• GEEK
  • Veteran
He could be similar to the Matt Schaubb situation in Atlanta a few years ago.

But I think the Eagles are near ready if McNabb doesn't get the team to the playoffs this year.

McNabb is just too inconsistent to get this team to the next level.
Originally posted by GEEK:
He could be similar to the Matt Schaubb situation in Atlanta a few years ago.

But I think the Eagles are near ready if McNabb doesn't get the team to the playoffs this year.

McNabb is just too inconsistent to get this team to the next level.

Lets go McNaab! You can do it!
I don't think the Eagles are willing to trade Kevin Kolb, and this ain't Madden.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
I don't think the Eagles are willing to trade Kevin Kolb, and this ain't Madden.

Originally posted by Negrodamus:

PWNED
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

Explain please. Isn't this what the Texans did with Shaub? Isn't this what the Chiefs did with Cassel? Don't trades for back up QBs happen? He's not Manning or Brady, he's a kid that's played 5 games and doesn't have a very impressive body of work. Teams have a price for players like him. You can use the generic "this isn't madden" comment when referring to absurd trades. This kid is currently a backup QB. Can you explain how your comment is applicable to this situation?
I would do it in a heartbeat...the guy just turned 25...still young and has lots of potential. I'm being dead serious when I say I think he provides the quickest solution to our Qb problems. The problem is that the Eagles will groom him to take over for Donovan

Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

Explain please. Isn't this what the Texans did with Shaub? Isn't this what the Chiefs did with Cassel? Don't trades for back up QBs happen? He's not Manning or Brady, he's a kid that's played 5 games and doesn't have a very impressive body of work. Teams have a price for players like him. You can use the generic "this isn't madden" comment when referring to absurd trades. This kid is currently a backup QB. Can you explain how your comment is applicable to this situation?

I made the madden comment mostly to be a smartass, but also because you seem to be inventing a trade out of nowhere. Have you read or heard anything that would make you think that the Eagles would be at all interested in trading Kevin Kolb. No, you haven't, because there's no indication that they would even consider it.

Furthermore, we run a completely different offense than the Eagles do, and that alone would probably take at least a year or two for Kolb to get acclimated to before he was really ready to become the full time starter. You don't just plug a player (especially a QB) into a completely different system and have them instantly produce. That's living in Maddenland.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I'd give up a 2nd and a 3rd to make this happen. Maybe even one of our 1sts because we're desperate.
Originally posted by crzy:
I'd give up a 2nd and a 3rd to make this happen. Maybe even one of our 1sts because we're desperate.

This
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

I made the madden comment mostly to be a smartass, but also because you seem to be inventing a trade out of nowhere. Have you read or heard anything that would make you think that the Eagles would be at all interested in trading Kevin Kolb. No, you haven't, because there's no indication that they would even consider it.

Furthermore, we run a completely different offense than the Eagles do, and that alone would probably take at least a year or two for Kolb to get acclimated to before he was really ready to become the full time starter. You don't just plug a player (especially a QB) into a completely different system and have them instantly produce. That's living in Maddenland.

McNabb's contract has 2 years left. Pending how the season plays out and if they extend him Kolb could be a tradeable commodity. It's not an unreallistic scenario here. Everybody has a price for their backup QB, and Philly has traded their backup for a 2nd rounder before (AJ Feely).

As for Kolb being a West coast guy. We don't have an offense right now. To think that we can't scrap this piece of sh*t offense is laughable. Sure it would require us to redo the line but hey isn't that the plan anyways.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 14, 2009 at 08:51:13 ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
If the Eagles are willing to trade Kolb, the Rams may also show interest and possibly have the inside track on landing him with the ties that Spags and Shurmur have to the Eagles and the ties between Shurmur and Kolb.

Kolb is signed thru 2010 but would be a RFA in 2011. McNabb re-negotiated this past summer through 2010 so I'd be willing to bet the Eagles look to hold on both through next season unless someone blows them away with an offer for Kolb.
Share 49ersWebzone