There are 205 users in the forums

Gore is our centerpiece, Don't Forget!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Last year some of the beat writers brought up the fact we were something like 2-7 when Gore DNP or did not finish a game due to injury. Well this year we are 2-0 with him and 1-2 without him.

The commentators opened the game yesterday before Hill's INT by saying that Gore makes the offensive line better. Its pretty obvious he makes the QB position better and the WRs see more openings due to more people in the box.

Yesterday we got beat by a faster team, who has all the parts we want to have in a year or two. If anything people need to realize, hope, and if you do: pray that Gore is healthy for the rest of the season. I was happy we drafted Coffee but he needs to develop into an NFL back. If anyone wants to research that record and correct me go ahead, but most of all just realize the team will be different with Gore back in the line up.

All we need is 6 more wins to have a legit shot at the playoffs and playing (Tenn, Jax, Stl, and Det) we need to continue to get better and win the games we are favored and play hard in the games were not. Go Niners!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Last year some of the beat writers brought up the fact we were something like 2-7 when Gore DNP or did not finish a game due to injury. Well this year we are 2-0 with him and 1-2 without him.

The commentators opened the game yesterday before Hill's INT by saying that Gore makes the offensive line better. Its pretty obvious he makes the QB position better and the WRs see more openings due to more people in the box.

Yesterday we got beat by a faster team, who has all the parts we want to have in a year or two. If anything people need to realize, hope, and if you do: pray that Gore is healthy for the rest of the season. I was happy we drafted Coffee but he needs to develop into an NFL back. If anyone wants to research that record and correct me go ahead, but most of all just realize the team will be different with Gore back in the line up.

All we need is 6 more wins to have a legit shot at the playoffs and playing (Tenn, Jax, Stl, and Det) we need to continue to get better and win the games we are favored and play hard in the games were not. Go Niners!

We had Gore in for the Arizona game. Result: 30 yards rushing. I don't think Gore makes much difference, to be honest with you. Right now Barry Sanders wouldn't even be a factor the way our OL is playing. Outside of the Seahawks game, the run game has been HORRIBLE. Worst I've seen it this entire decade. Even when we were losing, we had Charlie Garner tearing up defenses. I'm just being realistic. The reason we lost wasn't because of Glen Coffee. If Frank Gore was playing, we would've still lost to the Falcons. You give up that many sacks and can't stop the opposing defense, you won't win the game.
Originally posted by B650:

We had Gore in for the Arizona game. Result: 30 yards rushing. I don't think Gore makes much difference, to be honest with you. Right now Barry Sanders wouldn't even be a factor the way our OL is playing. Outside of the Seahawks game, the run game has been HORRIBLE. Worst I've seen it this entire decade. Even when we were losing, we had Charlie Garner tearing up defenses. I'm just being realistic. The reason we lost wasn't because of Glen Coffee. If Frank Gore was playing, we would've still lost to the Falcons. You give up that many sacks and can't stop the opposing defense, you won't win the game.

Disagree. With a better running game, the pass rush and sacks slow down while TOP increases. These are all things that would have helped tremendously this week.
right! we are a completely different team w/o Gore. Not just offensively but all aspects of the game change, field position, time of possession everything. wait until Gore comes back, now we also have Crabtree signed and B.Jones healthy we need to figure out a way to utilize these guys and make defenses aware of there prescence to further develope the running game.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Disagree. With a better running game, the pass rush and sacks slow down while TOP increases. These are all things that would have helped tremendously this week.

I agree, but I don't think Gore is going to improve our run game. The RB isn't the problem. We had Gore for the Arizona game and look what happened. The OL is just playing like crap right now. Let's face it, outside of a couple runs vs. the Seahawks, the run game has been HORRIBLE. And on those 2 runs, Glen Coffee would've probably scored too. I love Gore, but with the way the OL is playing right now, I'm not expecting much to change. Maybe after the last game I've turned pessimistic, but we'll see.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

I agree, but I don't think Gore is going to improve our run game. The RB isn't the problem. We had Gore for the Arizona game and look what happened. The OL is just playing like crap right now. Let's face it, outside of a couple runs vs. the Seahawks, the run game has been HORRIBLE. And on those 2 runs, Glen Coffee would've probably scored too. I love Gore, but with the way the OL is playing right now, I'm not expecting much to change. Maybe after the last game I've turned pessimistic, but we'll see.

No doubt, the OL blows. However, Gore has done well with a mediocre line before. Is he the panacea? No, but our team is much better when Gore plays.
we suck with gore in too
Poor Gore has to run into defenses that have little to worry about other than to stop him. Really, he can't be expected to move the chains all the time. He would do so much better in a real offense.
man, I miss Larry Allen.
  • jerryricefan80
  • Info N/A
If all Raye plans on doing is having Gore run up the gut into the meat of the line, then I wouldn't plan on having Frank Gore healthy for the stretch after the bye week. They need to get him out in space where he isn't taking so much contact with linemen.

Frank lays guys out. Shaun won't be face down on the ground so much when we get Frank back.
Everyone is going to hate me after i say this, but really... I think we should trade Gore... He just seams to get hurt a lot... maybe while his stock is high....
Originally posted by carlgo:
Poor Gore has to run into defenses that have little to worry about other than to stop him. Really, he can't be expected to move the chains all the time. He would do so much better in a real offense.

he isn't expected to move the chains but the 1-2 yards per carry that Coffee got us turns into 3-4 yards and puts us in manageable 3rd downs. All I know is we lost to two playoff teams without our star offensive player on the field for more than a snap.
We've got to get him back in the lineup and healthy for the team to have a chance to take the division.
I love Frank the Tank, but those f*ck'n ankles of his...
Share 49ersWebzone