LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

CRABTREE SIGNED

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by SFC49ERS:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
the best part is, crabtree was the only thing left that raider fans could laugh at us about.

someone told me there was a poll on who will be the more productive WR, crabtree or heyward-bey?

now i dont think crabtree will have any problem at all proving he's the better wideout!

Heyward Bey right now has 2 catches for 36 yards.

if singletary wants to, Crabtree could pass him by the 2nd quarter. lol.

Sad thing is Crabtree almost got more yards in one year of college as HB got in 4. I bet Crabtree ends up with more receiving yards than HB this year.
Isn't it ironic the Jets just traded for Braylon Edwards AFTER Michael Crabtree signs with the 49ers?

[ Edited by PatrickJira411 on Oct 7, 2009 at 05:57:59 ]
Call me crazy or optimistic but I think Crabtree helps the 49ers this year. It may be for one of the last two or three games but I see him having some kind of an impact. The 49ers WR's are not that good and Crabtree is to talented to help the team. I think he can learn a few special plays the team can create for him and I think he helps them in the red zone plus he can be a decoy and he is a heck of a blocker.
Visions of Crabtree in 49ers' passing game

October 7, 2009 8:33 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando

The 49ers' agreement with Michael Crabtree doesn't mean the first-round choice will suit up right away.

The team will likely request and receive a roster exemption allowing Crabtree to practice with the team for a week or two before the team would have to activate him.

Once Crabtree is available, the 49ers could figure out ways to get him on the field. Their three-receiver packages have been pretty weak to this point in the season. The team has used three wide receivers on 49 snaps this season. Those snaps have produced seven sacks, one touchdown and one interception. The team has run the ball only six times on these plays, averaging a half-yard per carry.

But it's clear a big-time receiver could help the 49ers immensely. I was rewatching the Cowboys-Broncos game late Monday night when the thought occurred to me while watching Brandon Marshall snatch a risky pass from Kyle Orton with the game on the line. Marshall made an excellent individual play on the ball to beat cornerback Terence Newman, another high draft choice. Marshall then made another excellent individual play after the catch, scoring the go-ahead touchdown.

The 49ers' offense could certainly use that type of play. Any offense could. With Crabtree onboard, the potential might be there.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/6459/visions-of-crabtree-in-49ers-passing-game
Originally posted by nothing03:
Originally posted by Psinex:
So is he eligible to play against Atlanta this weekend?

He hasn't even practice yet. He is gonna be on the sideline with the team this week.

I knew he wasn't going to play, that's not what I was asking. That would require him to pleasure Jerry Sullivan like Bryan Gilmore and Taylor Jacobs, which I don't think he's ready to do yet.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Thrill Hill throwing to Fwank, Vernon, Bruce, Morgan and now Crabs. Can't wait.
I bet Crabtree has more catches this year than Darius Heyward-Bey....
forums are gonna be busy today!
Who's Michael Crabtree?
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Isn't it ironic the Jets just traded for Braylon Edwards AFTER Michael Crabtree signs with the 49ers?

LOL the Jets just couldn't help stealing out thunder. Top story on ESPN is not Crabtree ending his 72 day holdout, it's Braylon Tyson getting traded to the Jets.

Welcome aboard rook. It's like the family is finally all together. Let's win some more games.
Originally posted by Esco:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

LOL the Jets just couldn't help stealing out thunder. Top story on ESPN is not Crabtree ending his 72 day holdout, it's Braylon Tyson getting traded to the Jets.

I wonder what will happen if the Jets are guilty of the tampering charges. We got what we wanted but will if they are guilty, I wonder what we will get in terms of compensation if any?
He can help on the WR screens that we run and probably be our best WR right away on WR screens...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I like Morgan as a reciever, but Crabtree has to be the starter along side Bruce. At least until Bruce retires than we can have both Crab and Morgan on the field together. If possible.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Share 49ersWebzone