There are 131 users in the forums

Our cornerback stats

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Is there a website that shows how many passes are thrown a corners way, how many are caught, defended, etc...

I would be really intertested to see how Shawntee Spencer stacks up against others in the league.
I don't know of any, but would like to see too. Spencer is playing great right now.
the only pass I remember getting caught on Spencer was the one from Sunday where he took a chance at picking the quick slant.... Boller threw it high and the WR made a great catch...but besides that....I don't remember many other passes converted his way.... I believe they have only thrown to his side, maybe 5-6 times.... 2-3 deep passes that he covered well...and some other ones....
Originally posted by Afrikan:
the only pass I remember getting caught on Spencer was the one from Sunday where he took a chance at picking the quick slant.... Boller threw it high and the WR made a great catch...but besides that....I don't remember many other passes converted his way.... I believe they have only thrown to his side, maybe 5-6 times.... 2-3 deep passes that he covered well...and some other ones....

Agreed. He's been really damn good. Wonder what the stats are. I know Nate's given up a touchdown or three.
you rarely hear Spencers name, which means he is shutting his man down
You might try Stats, Inc.

Matt M always pulls good stuff from there.
Spencer I think is better in coverage, whereas Clements is more physical: Helps with the run game and has a knack for forcing fumbles. Then there's Bly the savvy vet with skills and swagger to show forth. Either way, I couldn't be anymore pleased.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Is there a website that shows how many passes are thrown a corners way, how many are caught, defended, etc...

I would be really intertested to see how Shawntee Spencer stacks up against others in the league.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=CB&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numgames=1

Clements ranked 5th, Spencer ranked 10th & Bly 19th

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Oct 6, 2009 at 13:39:27 ]

Yup ProFootballFocus

They analyze every single play by every single player.

They have Nate ranked #5 and Spencer #10 through 3 games

Nate ~
Stops: 5
Thrown At: 24
Receptions Against: 10
Yards Against: 111
TD's Allowed: 3
INT's: 1
Passes Defensed: 4

Spencer ~
Stops: 3
Thrown At: 14
Receptions Against: 7
Yards Against: 91
TD's Allowed: 0
Passes Defensed: 0

FYI: Most don't agree with their grading system but their stats are MUCH more accurate then even NFL.com's "official stats."
Originally posted by NCommand:

Yup ProFootballFocus

Nate ~

Spencer ~

FYI: Most don't agree with their grading system but their stats are MUCH more accurate then even NFL.com's "official stats."

By this analysis, I'd say Spencer has done a better job. Giving up touchdowns is the most important part, and Shawntae does not do that. That is not in his vocabulary.

Originally posted by Method:

Yup ProFootballFocus

Nate ~

Spencer ~

By this analysis, I'd say Spencer has done a better job. Giving up touchdowns is the most important part, and Shawntae does not do that. That is not in his vocabulary.

Careful now! It's a CB's job not to give up TD's like it's an OLB's job to get sacks. This could get ugly fast. Haha.

BTW: This is why I don't agree with their rankings b/c they don't weigh assigned points to a players responsibilities and weigh all the stats the same across the board and THIS is a perfect example.

[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 6, 2009 at 14:09:19 ]
  • Kelv
  • Veteran
One thing that I really like about Clements is the impact that he has on the D with bug, tone stting plays. He seems to pop up and really knock somebody on their ass more than any corner in the league and his physical play gives us a real edge. Yes he's given up 3 TDs but I think he's been outstanding this year.

Yup ProFootballFocus

Nate ~

Spencer ~

Wow, that's a great site. Thanks.
Just for kicks, guys, take a look at the 3-4 stats. Justin Smith leads the pack of all 3-4 DLs.

Originally posted by Overkill:

Yup ProFootballFocus

Nate ~

Spencer ~

Wow, that's a great site. Thanks.

My pleasure! And it is a fantastic site; very comprehensive. B/c it takes so long to analyze every play by every player, they are usually a week behind in updating their weekly stats but it's well worth the wait.
Share 49ersWebzone