LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

"Expert" rankings

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Vic Carucci
The 49ers have promising young talent and Mike Singletary is a good coach. But neither starter Shaun Hill nor backup Alex Smith are good enough quarterbacks to take them very far.
Prediction: 6-10, third in NFC West

Steve Wyche
Sleeper alert: If the quarterback play can be just better than average, a good defense and a strong running game could bring excitement back to the Bay.
Prediction: 9-7, second in NFC West

Pat Kirwan
This team has attitude and will play a physical style on both sides of the ball. The question is, can any of the quarterbacks make plays in a hurry up, come from behind situation?
Prediction: 8-8, second in NFC West

Bucky Brooks
Mike Singletary has molded the Niners in his image, and their hard-hitting ways results in an impressive season. The playoffs will have to wait, but the team is on track to become a contender soon.
Prediction: 9-7, second in NFC West

Jason La Canfora
There isn't much separating the teams in this division so how about a three-way tie?
Prediction: 9-7, first in NFC West

Link
Shaun Hill has shown in at least three games last year that he can run the hurry up 2-minute offense.

1. Against the Cardinals: Hill was calmly and confidently bringing us back only to give room for Martz to have a brain fart.

2. Against Miami: Hill was once again driving us with confidence and rythm only to have our 3rd string RT completely miss a call and our OC call the play to the wrong side.

3. Against the Rams: On the drive prior to the deep ball to Morgan, Hill gave us a TD on a very nice hurry up drive.

Hill comes through. He can't help if Martz sucked.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Shaun Hill has shown in at least three games last year that he can run the hurry up 2-minute offense.

1. Against the Cardinals: Hill was calmly and confidently bringing us back only to give room for Martz to have a brain fart.

2. Against Miami: Hill was once again driving us with confidence and rythm only to have our 3rd string RT completely miss a call and our OC call the play to the wrong side.

3. Against the Rams: On the drive prior to the deep ball to Morgan, Hill gave us a TD on a very nice hurry up drive.

That was my first 9er game I have gotten to see live....I live in FL. If that douche bag hadn't streaked the field we would of driven and scored.

What I love about Hill is his tenacity under duress and pressure. The perfect snippet for that is the Rams at the Rams in 2009. He was failing miserably, was going to be pulled out by coach, and instead kicked butt to bring us back to win. I remember he did something similar against Washington, too.

If he can just do those things to move the chains, we should do well especially given our running game. I hope he can deal with eight in the box because Hill has to make the defense respect him.

Right now, that isn't going to happen so look for it to be the case in the first few games.

IMO, I think Hill can pull it off!

and...

4. He had another game winning drive against the redskins at the end of the year.
Originally posted by ninertico:

What I love about Hill is his tenacity under duress and pressure. The perfect snippet for that is the Rams at the Rams in 2009. He was failing miserably, was going to be pulled out by coach, and instead kicked butt to bring us back to win. I remember he did something similar against Washington, too.

If he can just do those things to move the chains, we should do well especially given our running game. I hope he can deal with eight in the box because Hill has to make the defense respect him.

Right now, that isn't going to happen so look for it to be the case in the first few games.

IMO, I think Hill can pull it off!

He seems like he has a chance to be one of those QBs who everyone thinks sucks, but his efficient numbers, leadership, and poise keep telling otherwise.

We keep forgetting that this 3rd stringer put together in 8 games a career year for most QBs if it would have been 16 games. Let's hope he CAN match last year in a full season.
Originally posted by XAnGeLicDiAbLoX:

and...

4. He had another game winning drive against the redskins at the end of the year.

Looks like the popular choice for out record with the pundits is from 6-10 to 9-7
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:
Looks like the popular choice for out record with the pundits is from 6-10 to 9-7

That's why we are winning 11 games!! Most of the pundits are usually wrong!!!

Carucci, Wyche and Kirwan are all pretty much saying the same thing. The only difference is Wyche and Kirwan are leaving themselves an opening just in case avg-good QB play transpires...Carucci is committed in his prediction that QB performance will be poor, no question about it.

I have much more respect for Carucci, I really hate when people put "IF" in their predictions in early Sept. Cmon, you should be able to commit to a prediction by now if you have faith in your skills.
Originally posted by danimal:
Carucci, Wyche and Kirwan are all pretty much saying the same thing. The only difference is Wyche and Kirwan are leaving themselves an opening just in case avg-good QB play transpires...Carucci is committed in his prediction that QB performance will be poor, no question about it.

I have much more respect for Carucci, I really hate when people put "IF" in their predictions in early Sept. Cmon, you should be able to commit to a prediction by now if you have faith in your skills.

Skills have nothing to do with it. At this point its just best guess.

and...

Gayest post i've ever read, sorry Joe Cool but your Obsession with Hill is making you Dillusional. If he was such a gamer, we would have been in the Playoffs in 08. Plus against the Cards he had two picks, which should have been 3. You can't blame that interception to Adrian Wilson on Martz, the drive before our last drive in that game.

Originally posted by aacadena:

and...

Gayest post i've ever read, sorry Joe Cool but your Obsession with Hill is making you Dillusional. If he was such a gamer, we would have been in the Playoffs in 08. Plus against the Cards he had two picks, which should have been 3. You can't blame that interception to Adrian Wilson on Martz, the drive before our last drive in that game.

Huh? My post on Hill at the end of games was in reply to what one of the "pundits" said "if" he can do. What was it, I'm paraphrasing but it was if Shaun Hill can run the hurry up offense...

So what, he had a terrible 3rd quarter against the Cards. He came back strong and has shown nothing but poise late in games. What are you talking about?
Share 49ersWebzone