LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Brandon Jones Suffers Shoulder Fracture (Out 8 to 10 Weeks)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DJD:
Singletary said today in his presser that Jones will practice this week and may be able to play THIS WEEK. Nice job on the quick recovery Brandon!! Oh yeah and Crabtree, you paying any attention?? Best get yer schiz together.

YES !!!!

We need BJ if were gonna develop anything that resembles a passing game
awesome news about Jones coming back early. that should boost our offenses production and give crabtree another indication that we're good with or without him
iam really exited to see Jones play. there was nothing but good things coming out about him during camp..
hes a deep threat with good speed. we need him.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Singletary said today in his presser that Jones will practice this week and may be able to play THIS WEEK. Nice job on the quick recovery Brandon!! Oh yeah and Crabtree, you paying any attention?? Best get yer schiz together.

YES !!!!

I know I always need BJ when I need to develop ANYTHING.

Originally posted by Brazilian49er:

YES !!!!

Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:

YES !!!!

i hear BJ is the best in the morning, first thing upon waking up, thats where BJ excels

[ Edited by FederalAgent49 on Sep 17, 2009 at 4:17 AM ]
Jones' imminent return, esp if he continues his earlier stellar play in camp, should make Crabtree less valuable, and I hope, encourage the 9'ers to shelve him until next year's draft, then trade the mofo. Jones was looking real good, showing good speed, route running and terrific hands. Given the chance, I think he could be a legit number one.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Jones' imminent return, esp if he continues his earlier stellar play in camp, should make Crabtree less valuable, and I hope, encourage the 9'ers to shelve him until next year's draft, then trade the mofo. Jones was looking real good, showing good speed, route running and terrific hands. Given the chance, I think he could be a legit number one.

Good news and I hope we use him to stretch the defense though I saw a lot of Morgan's routes were deep and successful against the Cards - Hill just didn't have time to see him or just missed him. But, all it takes is one good deep ball (see 50 yard bomb) to keep the secondary honest.
Does anyone know if Jones is playing this week? I would think so but have not heard any news since last week.
Originally posted by 5TIME49:
Does anyone know if Jones is playing this week? I would think so but have not heard any news since last week.

Yeah, the 9'ers have been quiet about his continued progress since they said he looked "rusty". Hope he's on track and gets in a few plays at least.

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
awesome news about Jones coming back early. that should boost our offenses production and give crabtree another indication that we're good with or without him

yeah, if we keep winning and the offense produces enough...crabtree will be an after thought....but, maybe...just maybe....

The niners really drafted him so they could get an extra pick in next years draft? eh? they would have to be genius to do that though...
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:

yeah, if we keep winning and the offense produces enough...crabtree will be an after thought....but, maybe...just maybe....

The niners really drafted him so they could get an extra pick in next years draft? eh? they would have to be genius to do that though...

wow....

POTD
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
When Jones comes back does that mean Jason Hill gets cut.
Originally posted by susweel:
When Jones comes back does that mean Jason Hill gets cut.

No, they're both already on the 53 I believe. If/when Crabtree signs, then Hill most likely gets cut.
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:

wow....

POTD

No can do.

I will not sully the pristine POTD thread with such drivel.

Good day, sir.
Share 49ersWebzone