There are 308 users in the forums

Sports Cliche Trash Bin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Let this thread be a trash receptical for frustrated fans to vent about the most annoying and meaningless cliches uttered by players and coaches. Think of it like the trash can on your desktop. In the Nolan era it would have been constantly overflowing.

Let me get it rolling with a phrase that is starting to make my skin crawl every time I hear it, "We're going to put the players on the field that give us the best chance to win." Really, now. After, say, the age of 12, isn't this pretty much the objective of every competitive sports team on the planet? Thank you, Coach Sing, for "thinking outside the box" and "going so far out on a limb."
idk if this qualifies, but the whole "backing up Raye 150%" is making me puke
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Let this thread be a trash receptical for frustrated fans to vent about the most annoying and meaningless cliches uttered by players and coaches. Think of it like the trash can on your desktop. In the Nolan era it would have been constantly overflowing.

Let me get it rolling with a phrase that is starting to make my skin crawl every time I hear it, "We're going to put the players on the field that give us the best chance to win." Really, now. After, say, the age of 12, isn't this pretty much the objective of every competitive sports team on the planet? Thank you, Coach Sing, for "thinking outside the box" and "going so far out on a limb."

Well, on your second paragraph Nolan didn't do it.

And to get riled at sports guys spouting cliches is a waste of energy. They do it the world over, and in every sport. English football has actually worn out cliches so that even footballers (soccer players) are ashamed to use them.

Chill
we got to get better , stop making dump mistakes !
Share 49ersWebzone