LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

3-4 or 4-3

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Now that we signed Evans does this mean we will use a 4 man front now and ditch the 3-4? His size suggests he needs to lined up with a 4 man front and Balmer and Soap will be moved inside to the nose, any thoughts?
So does Justin Smith's size, but he ended being very productive for us. Yeah, Evans is undersized, but maybe it works out. It's surprising to me too.
3-4
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

What's so funny about it?
Cuz we aren't going to a 4-3 anytime soon.

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Mar 5, 2009 at 15:46:39 ]
weve been a 3-4
  • SoCal49erfan24
  • Info N/A
I was gonna say I thought we have been running a 3-4 for the last two seasons.
Haha my bad, you guys know what I meant
Cuz we aren't going to a 3-4 anytime soon.

I know we switched more to a 4-3 when Sing stepped in but we have the players to switch in the middle of games like we have in the past. I just think now Singletary wants to stabilize a 4 man front for good.

Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

I know we switched more to a 4-3 when Sing stepped in but we have the players to switch in the middle of games like we have in the past. I just think now Singletary wants to stabilize a 4 man front for good.

I don't recall this.
make it stop.

or on the other hand maybe we should change the system we have, that we've been drafting for, coaching for, signing free agents for and that our D coordinator is schooled in because we got Demetric Evans.

yeah, that sounds smart
  • SoCal49erfan24
  • Info N/A

I thought it was just that Sing wanted to blitz with the OLB more often bringing them up to the line presnap? I could be wrong.
Originally posted by 49erLifer:

I don't recall this.

we went to a base 3-4 when sing took over, no more funny hybrids or switching to 4-3 and back, which is why our defense was so much better when sing took cover cuz we stayed 3-4
Read my lips: Singletary likes the 3-4.
Share 49ersWebzone