LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 222 users in the forums

-*-*- Grade kronik's 4th annual Mock (with videos) -*-*-

-*-*- Grade kronik's 4th annual Mock (with videos) -*-*-

Howdy all, tell me what you guys think about my draft:

Since I'm GM, I'm trading down from 13th overall with New England receiving 22nd & 53rd picks overall. They do this to snatch someone before Seattle. I am guessing Morgan or Graham, maybe even Spiller.

Trade: 13th to NE for 22nd & 53rd

DRAFT
1st Rd. 17th overall: OT Charles Brown - 49ers want the best pass protector on the board.

1st Rd. 22nd overall: CB Devin McCourty - IMO the best CB in the draft. Great size, speed and bloodlines. Aggressive tackler unlike Earl Thomas or Kyle Wilson. Faster than both of them too

2nd Rd. 49th overall: OG/OT John Jerry - Here's some insurance in case Brown takes a while to develop. Strong and big as an ox but good enough feet to be a project at RT. Should start at OG within 1 year

2nd Rd. 53rd overall: NT Linval Joseph - Here's our monster NT of the future. learn from Franklin this year before taking over for the rest of the decade.

3rd Rd. 79th overall: SS Reshad Jones - Faster, Stronger, more vicious version of Dashon Goldson. At 6-2 215 lbs, ran a 4.5 at the NFL combine. Also benched pressed 24 reps!!!! Has 9 int the past 2 seasons playing in the SEC at Georgia. Great open field tackler and hits like Willis

4th Rd. 113th overall: OLB Arthur Moats - Here's an athletic project to develop for the next year. Good size and speed.

6th Rd. 182nd overall: RB Joe McKnight - A shifty speedy type back to compliment Gore and Coffee. Better size and speed than McCluster. Selecting a RB with a late pick wouldn't upset Gore.

6th Rd. 206th overall: K Leigh Tiffin - Since all our holes are plugged, it's time to look for a younger kicker. Tiffin is a good one.

7th Rd. 224th overall: ILB Vince Rey - Tough ILB to groom behind Spikes.

SUMMARY
The factors I used in selecting these guys were toughness (Sing factor), Size/Speed ratio (Baalke - McCloughan/Wolfe philosophy). I think I filled all the holes on our team. I tried to stay away from defensive players that are poor tacklers. Nothing in football frustrates me more than a missed tackle. In addition to good sized prospects, I also added alot of speed with the selections of McCourty, Jones and McKnight. With the addition of Ginn, VD, Willis, Lawson, we'd become a very fast, big, physical team. Future looks bright!
[ Edited by kronik on Apr 18, 2010 at 10:32 PM ]
I like it! Not an A+ because of the kicker, but a very good draft overall.
i like, concerned with Brown at 17 and not sure Reshad Jones lasts till rd 3. But if he does we must scoop him up or burnett
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I like it! Not an A+ because of the kicker, but a very good draft overall.

Thanks. I could replace the kicker with Vann or Holliday to compete with Ginn on kick returns.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
i like, concerned with Brown at 17 and not sure Reshad Jones lasts till rd 3. But if he does we must scoop him up or burnett

Thanks. I'm a little concerned about Brown too so I drafted Jerry who could also project to RT.
Good draft, A+ for design.
I would love to draft Graham, but that would still be a very sold draft.

A
I like it. I would have thought that Brown at 17 would have been a little high but he seems to be climbing up many draft boards.
Better value at 17 than Brown IMO. Rather have Iupati here.

Like McCourty. He's ctually my second CB I like, behind Wilson. (Yes...I said it...Haden is too much of a Clements clone).

I think we'd have to grab jones in the second. Really a ball hawk and all around safety with solid speed who can make plays in the run and pass.

Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

I think we'd have to grab jones in the second. Really a ball hawk and all around safety with solid speed who can make plays in the run and pass.

Yea, Maybe I should switch Joseph with Jones. Not sure if Joseph or Cam Thomas would be available in the 3rd.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kronik:
Howdy all, tell me what you guys think about my draft:

Since I'm GM, I'm trading down from 13th overall with New England receiving 22nd & 53rd picks overall. They do this to snatch someone before Seattle. I am guessing Morgan or Graham, maybe even Spiller.

Trade: 13th to NE for 22nd & 53rd

DRAFT
1st Rd. 17th overall: OT Charles Brown - 49ers want the best pass protector on the board.

1st Rd. 22nd overall: CB Devin McCourty - IMO the best CB in the draft. Great size, speed and bloodlines. Aggressive tackler unlike Earl Thomas or Kyle Wilson. Faster than both of them too

2nd Rd. 49th overall: OG/OT John Jerry - Here's some insurance in case Brown takes a while to develop. Strong and big as an ox but good enough feet to be a project at RT. Should start at OG within 1 year

2nd Rd. 53rd overall: NT Linval Joseph - Here's our monster NT of the future. learn from Franklin this year before taking over for the rest of the decade.

3rd Rd. 79th overall: SS Reshad Jones - Faster, Stronger, more vicious version of Dashon Goldson. At 6-2 215 lbs, ran a 4.5 at the NFL combine. Also benched pressed 24 reps!!!! Has 9 int the past 2 seasons playing in the SEC at Georgia. Great open field tackler and hits like Willis

4th Rd. 113th overall: OLB Arthur Moats - Here's an athletic project to develop for the next year. Good size and speed.

6th Rd. 182nd overall: RB Joe McKnight - A shifty speedy type back to compliment Gore and Coffee. Better size and speed than McCluster. Selecting a RB with a late pick wouldn't upset Gore.

6th Rd. 206th overall: K Leigh Tiffin - Since all our holes are plugged, it's time to look for a younger kicker. Tiffin is a good one.

7th Rd. 224th overall: ILB Vince Rey - Tough ILB to groom behind Spikes.

SUMMARY
The factors I used in selecting these guys were toughness (Sing factor), Size/Speed ratio (Baalke - McCloughan/Wolfe philosophy). I think I filled all the holes on our team. I tried to stay away from defensive players that are poor tacklers. Nothing in football frustrates me more than a missed tackle. In addition to good sized prospects, I also added alot of speed with the selections of McCourty, Jones and McKnight. With the addition of Ginn, VD, Willis, Lawson, we'd become a very fast, big, physical team. Future looks bright!

not bad... baalke isnt in love with size like mcloughin. he still believes its a big boy game tho. and with his first move in ginn, u can see hes not as big on big as mclaughlan
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Good draft, A+ for design.

Thanks brotha.
not bad... baalke isnt in love with size like mcloughin. he still believes its a big boy game tho. and with his first move in ginn, u can see hes not as big on big as mclaughlan
McCloughan gets a bad rep for this big thing. He believes firmly in it on high picks. He has drafted smallish players before. His worse draft pick with the niners is probably Brandon Williams in the 3rd rd. He was small and slow. Look how that turned out ofr McCloughan. I don't blame him for being firm about the size/speed ratio thing.
[ Edited by kronik on Apr 19, 2010 at 11:46 AM ]
LOVIN LINVAL JOSEPH!!!!!!!!!!!! Its kinda a homer pick for me since im just down the road from ECU but Ive seen this guy play in person and hes the real deal. Cuz is bigger than a phone booth. Hes been skyrocketing up draft boards lately and he probably will go late 2nd. Not too sure I like trading the 13th, and would be more inclined to trade down the 17th, but what a grab Joseph would be late 2nd-early 3rd.
Share 49ersWebzone