LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

BigBugs Mock 2.0 (Top 5 Defense after this one!!!)

1a. (13)- OLB/DE- Brandon Graham, Michigan
1b. (17)- FS- Earl Thomas, Texas
2. (49)- DE/DT- Tyson Alualu, CAL
3. (79)- OT- Selvish Capers, West Virginia
4. (113)- OG/OT- Ciron Black, LSU
5. (145)- CB/PR- Javier Arenas, Alabama
6a. (181)- RB
6b. (206)- WR
7. (224)- TE
First 3 picks on a D which was already pretty good. Hm.
Originally posted by BigBug415:
6a. (181)- RB
6b. (206)- WR
7. (224)- TE

Alualu seems a little bit high and DE is very crowded already. Capers and Black are ok where you pick them, but i don't think they would make an immdediate impact. Black is too slow footed for for playing RT imo. Arenas will never fall to round 5. And why should we pick a RB in round 6 ? If we pick a RB he must be a gamechanger with return abilities. You don't get such a guy in round 6.

[ Edited by stever on Mar 27, 2010 at 06:20:36 ]
Why wait so long for the O Line?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

This. If our o-line was se this draft would be great.

+1
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

+1

+2

this would set us back a bit we need to adress oline early if we want to win
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
That Tyson pick is a homer pick at its finest.

Not a very good draft.

I like B.G, don't like Selvish Capers - feel like he's already reached his potential.

[ Edited by LA_NINERS on Mar 27, 2010 at 08:11:12 ]
Without addressing the oline early with talent, you'll see a lot more 3-and-outs. It won't matter if you have all the defensive talent if your defense is on the field for 40 minutes a game.

A good, ball-controling offense is a better defense.
Yeah ok, I know, just draft a bunch of o linemen and still have:
1. A garbage QB
2. A sloooow secondary
3. A mediocre pass rush

Need I continue.....?

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stever:
6a. (181)- RB
6b. (206)- WR
7. (224)- TE

Alualu seems a little bit high and DE is very crowded already. Capers and Black are ok where you pick them, but i don't think they would make an immdediate impact. Black is too slow footed for for playing RT imo. Arenas will never fall to round 5. And why should we pick a RB in round 6 ? If we pick a RB he must be a gamechanger with return abilities. You don't get such a guy in round 6.

FWIW Terrell Davis was a 6th round pick, as was Chester Taylor. Derrick Ward, Ahmad Bradshaw (who has return abilities), Justin Forsett (who has return abilities)and LaRod Stephens-Howling (who has return abilities) were all 7th round picks. Good RB's can be found there including guys with return abilities but for every one you find there, there are dozens and dozens who don't pan out.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
6a. (181)- RB
6b. (206)- WR
7. (224)- TE

FWIW Terrell Davis was a 6th round pick, as was Chester Taylor. Derrick Ward, Ahmad Bradshaw (who has return abilities), Justin Forsett (who has return abilities)and LaRod Stephens-Howling (who has return abilities) were all 7th round picks. Good RB's can be found there including guys with return abilities but for every one you find there, there are dozens and dozens who don't pan out.

This is true. What i wanted to say is, that i don't think the niners will go RB anywhere in this draft if they don't go early. They have drafted a mid round RB to be a backup last year and so i think there will be no late round rb pick
  • evil
  • Veteran
6a. (181)- RB
6b. (206)- WR
7. (224)- TE

This is true. What i wanted to say is, that i don't think the niners will go RB anywhere in this draft if they don't go early. They have drafted a mid round RB to be a backup last year and so i think there will be no late round rb pick

I actually think the opposite. I think if they don't take Spiller or Best in the 1st or 2nd that they aren't likely to address it until late(rounds 5-6-7), looking for simply a change of pace type of back who could compete for KR/PR as well.

Guess we are just looking at the glass differently.
6a. (181)- RB
6b. (206)- WR
7. (224)- TE

I actually think the opposite. I think if they don't take Spiller or Best in the 1st or 2nd that they aren't likely to address it until late(rounds 5-6-7), looking for simply a change of pace type of back who could compete for KR/PR as well.

Guess we are just looking at the glass differently.

They did exactly that last year with Sheets and it did not work out at all. Bu we will see :)

btw : the glass is half full
Yeah ok, I know, just draft a bunch of o linemen and still have:
1. A garbage QB
2. A sloooow secondary
3. A mediocre pass rush

Need I continue.....?

3rd most sacks in the league is now defined as 'mediocre'.

If you say so...
Share 49ersWebzone