LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 169 users in the forums

Field Position

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It all starts with field position and Lee, Akers, and Ginn have really done a spectacular job this year at putting us in position to win games. These guys are having great seasons. Lee is doing what he always does which is bomb punts and pin teams deep. Akers is really a great kicker who rarely lets teams return kicks and it is great knowing that we actually have a chance at making 50 yard field goals. Ginn is maybe the biggest surprise this year as he is lighting it up in the return game. Go special teams! Go NINERS!
Special Teams deserves ALOT of the credit for us being 5-1
Originally posted by alexstinks:
It all starts with field position and Lee, Akers, and Ginn have really done a spectacular job this year at putting us in position to win games. These guys are having great seasons. Lee is doing what he always does which is bomb punts and pin teams deep. Akers is really a great kicker who rarely lets teams return kicks and it is great knowing that we actually have a chance at making 50 yard field goals. Ginn is maybe the biggest surprise this year as he is lighting it up in the return game. Go special teams! Go NINERS!

Agreed. Andy Lee is one of the MVP's so far in my opinion. Our defense wouldn't look nearly as good if they didn't have as much field to work with. If we replaced Andy Lee with an average punter, I think we would probably have 2 more losses.

I love the way we are winning; defense, special teams, a balanced and unpredictable offense, and limiting turnovers.
All 3 phases are winning these games. That's what Championship Teams are built on.
Share 49ersWebzone