There are 430 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

• jrg
  • Veteran
Report: TNA Wrestling "At Risk" Since Going On The Road

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter report Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff pushed the idea of moving Impact out of Universal Studios as a necessary game changer. TNA President Dixie Carter had stated that the move out of Orlando put the future of the company at risk. But there has been no increase in revenue to offset the added expense, and ratings have actually declined.

Since leaving Universal Studios in Orlando, FL and taking Impact on the road, the cost of taping Impact skyrocketed to $600,000 per taping. The increased cost of taping Impact with no increase in ratings and revenue has caused the company significant financial problems.

I can see it already. A few years from now WWE Home Video presents The Rise & Fall of TNA. Own it on DVD & Blu Ray this Tuesday!

[ Edited by jrg on Jul 17, 2013 at 8:13 PM ]
TNA has fired Bruce Pritchard and D'Lo Brown.

Best frog splash-er of all time.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
TNA has fired Bruce Pritchard and D'Lo Brown.
and Tara,and Joey Ryan...
looks like Steiner was right.
- Word going around WWE is that the current plan for SummerSlam has Daniel Bryan defeating John Cena for the WWE Title, only to see Randy Orton cash in his Money in the Bank briefcase, take the WWE Title and finally make his long-awaited heel turn.

- WrestleMania XXX would mark 11 years since Steve Austin last wrestled a match. WWE has interest in Austin working the event, if he wants to work it and can get medically cleared. There has been an idea discussed for Austin vs. Triple H with the control of WWE at stake. Austin would be representing Vince McMahon.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Jul 18, 2013 at 9:57 AM ]
- Word going around WWE is that the current plan for SummerSlam has Daniel Bryan defeating John Cena for the WWE Title, only to see Randy Orton cash in his Money in the Bank briefcase, take the WWE Title and finally make his long-awaited heel turn.

- WrestleMania XXX would mark 11 years since Steve Austin last wrestled a match. WWE has interest in Austin working the event, if he wants to work it and can get medically cleared. There has been an idea discussed for Austin vs. Triple H with the control of WWE at stake. Austin would be representing Vince McMahon.

in an interview, Austin talks about how much he does miss being in the ring since he was basically forced to retire. he says he's constantly working out and more than 100%.

you guys need to watch his interview with The Voice. it was real good.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
and Tara,and Joey Ryan...
looks like Steiner was right.

Tara is a bad b***h. Yums.

I could fap to that.
therock 4 hours ago
10 years ago my cousin, Sarona Snuka divorced, decided to go back to college to complete her education and be a great example for her two beautiful little girls she was raising - all while working as a janitor. Today, she's one of the WWE's most successful Divas, a proud (and hot;) single mom who will be making her big screen debut w/ me in HERCULES and more importantly, a shining example to women of all ages around the world that thru endless hard work you can achieve anything when you make up your mind to achieve it. #Inspiration#SweatEquity #Respect #WeAlwaysActSillyAsHell

Orton will not be a heel but an anti-hero.

Austin will not represent Vince. I smell a surprise that no one may not see coming.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by robniner:

Austin will not represent Vince. I smell a surprise that no one may not see coming.

I'd say Austin representing Vince is something no one would see coming. Haha

Originally posted by jrg:
Report: TNA Wrestling "At Risk" Since Going On The Road

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter report Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff pushed the idea of moving Impact out of Universal Studios as a necessary game changer. TNA President Dixie Carter had stated that the move out of Orlando put the future of the company at risk. But there has been no increase in revenue to offset the added expense, and ratings have actually declined.

Since leaving Universal Studios in Orlando, FL and taking Impact on the road, the cost of taping Impact skyrocketed to $600,000 per taping. The increased cost of taping Impact with no increase in ratings and revenue has caused the company significant financial problems.

I can see it already. A few years from now WWE Home Video presents The Rise & Fall of TNA. Own it on DVD & Blu Ray this Tuesday!

Where the hell is that funding that Panda Energy is supposed to feed them?
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by robniner:

I'd say Austin representing Vince is something no one would see coming. Haha

Due to the fact the WWE is starting to pay attention to what is going around in the dirt sheets, then a surprise is in play.
DESTINATION X ON TNA! They're going balls out being at risk. HOMOCIDE!
Sanjay Dutt is my favorite East Indian wrestler ever.

Sabin vs Bully tonight. Looks like they'll give Sabin the title. Great night of desperation TNA
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone