There are 188 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

Originally posted by Paul:
they are gonna be pushing Ryback hard... reading online earlier that Vince is looking for the next face of the WWE.

I read they didn't show the ending of RAW live in Albany when RAW went off the air, and apparently it was a spur of the moment thing, wasn't planned, they wanted to get him on camera at end to see how it went. May be something or maybe nothing.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Do you guys honestly watch the "divas" for actual wrestling? They're on the show as eye candy because this show is watched by mostly men/boys.
Originally posted by jrg:
Do you guys honestly watch the "divas" for actual wrestling? They're on the show as eye candy because this show is watched by mostly men/boys.

I did when they had Trish, Lita, Mickie and Tara(Victoria in WWE), now it's just eye candy, and little to no talent. I guess they brought in Sara Del Ray(or whatever he name is) to train the NXT Divas.
  • bors
  • Veteran
what is rybacks finisher...the stomping samoa drop ???
they are gonna be pushing Ryback hard... reading online earlier that Vince is looking for the next face of the WWE.

I think its gonna be Sheamus.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

• bors
  • Veteran
stomp stomp stomp drop yawn
gotta feel bad for albert

from my understanding he was doing well over seas

then he comes back expecting is push and now is just jobbing
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

I read they didn't show the ending of RAW live in Albany when RAW went off the air, and apparently it was a spur of the moment thing, wasn't planned, they wanted to get him on camera at end to see how it went. May be something or maybe nothing.

WWE has been obsessing over this Goldberg thing lately. They started both Brodus Clay and Albert off with undefeated streaks, and now they're just flat-out cloning the gimmick with Ryback.

Funny thing is, it really could work. As long as they suck it up and stick to their guns just like WCW did, then they could catch lightning in a bottle all over again. It's pivotal that they not show any weakness with Ryback's character at all, and just keep him as this unstoppable force for a sustained amount of time.

It won't last forever -- I don't think Goldberg's gimmick would have made it much further than the Kevin Nash/Cattle Prod ordeal at Starrcade '98 anyway. It would still be a hell of a boost at a time where the only thing on the roster that is not rehashed and stale are the Prime Time Players and Daniel Bryan. He can't do it alone though, and WWE will never let them grab the brass ring anyway. Ryback though, I think he has a shot.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

I dont get the ryback hype. He doesn't scream Great, he does a stupid finisher, only line is "Feed me More", I want better mic skills. Not impressed, he beat mostly jobbers.
I dont get the ryback hype. He doesn't scream Great, he does a stupid finisher, only line is "Feed me More", I want better mic skills. Not impressed, he beat mostly jobbers.

when he was with Nexus he was one of the dude on the mic besides barrett and otunga i believe
  • jrg
  • Veteran

How long have you been watching wrestling man? You know that's how WWE brings up every star.

I know. I agree. The little kiddies who've never known greatness though are pretty blown away by Ryback's "dominance." Sort of the way people around here rally around Alex Smith.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Yea...Ryback is boring

Share 49ersWebzone