LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by BMoore56:
When the shield was being beat down after angle went out would of been a great time to debut sanity or authors of pain!

Sanity is in a big feud in NXT right now. Doesn't make sense to debut them. Bringing in any help for the Shield would have made them look bad. They want to book them as strong as possible.

OK my bad you're right about sanity. And I disagree. They shouldn't look AS strong without roman. Overall it was a terrible ppv.
When the shield was being beat down after angle went out would of been a great time to debut sanity or authors of pain!

Sanity is in a big feud in NXT right now. Doesn't make sense to debut them. Bringing in any help for the Shield would have made them look bad. They want to book them as strong as possible.

OK my bad you're right about sanity. And I disagree. They shouldn't look AS strong without roman. Overall it was a terrible ppv.

Shouldn't look as strong I agree but having an NXT team come save them would look worse than say Jason Jordan or Matt Hardy coming to save them.

He wasn't finished with you yet.

Biscuit butt is...

Too Sweet!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Biscuit butt is...

The crowd:

"One more time, one more time!"
Worst PPV ever. I would have probably said the same with Bray and Roman as well.

Shouldn't look as strong I agree but having an NXT team come save them would look worse than say Jason Jordan or Matt Hardy coming to save them.

And any NXT tag team being called up will probably end up as jobbers or split up within a year or two.
  • dmax
  • Veteran

Biscuit butt is...

Too Sweet!

was waiting for that gif

the ppv wasn't taht bad. AJ vs finn was good and they were some solid wrestling throughout the show. And that main event was bonkers.
It's interesting to note how fast Angle was cleared to wrestle whereas they wont even allow Daniel Bryan back because of his neck.

-- According to a report at pwinsider.com, the idea to have Kurt Angle replace Roman Reigns in the TLC main event was pitched internally on Thursday after it became clear that Reigns would not be able to wrestle. This idea was said to have come straight from Vince McMahon.

-- Angle had already undergone a basic check when he first came to WWE earlier in the year but when the plan to have him wrestle moved quickly late last week, WWE had him undergo a proper physical on Friday in Pittsburgh in order to ensure he was medically fit to compete.

-- Once Angle passed the physical, WWE moved quickly to make the match official by announcing it on their website later on in the day on Friday. As of this time, WWE's stance is that Angle returning to the ring was only a one-time event, but with Kurt passing his medical, it certainly opens the door for more future matches, likely at some of the company's bigger PPV events.
Didn't Bryan use a bunch of alternative routes instead of having surgery and they didn't work out like he had hoped?
I thought WWE retired Bryan because of concussion related seizures.
The mumps....

-- Roman Reigns, Bray Wyatt and Bo Dallas will all be re-evaluated in about a week's time, currently scheduled for next Monday. That means none of these wrestlers will be on Raw tonight though they could be back by next week, if all goes well.

-- Reigns has reportedly been diagnosed with the mumps while WWE told all the other wrestlers to get immunized on Thursday as there is still a certain amount of worry that they could also have something else.
Share 49ersWebzone