LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

-- As noted before, WWE is tentatively planning on moving forward with the "Broken" gimmick, but it is all dependent on continued negotiations with Anthem/Impact on usage of the trademark.

-- One report suggested that Anthem is after ongoing royalties and a cut of merchandise sales, whereas WWE would rather just buy it out with a lump sum payment.

-- An article making the rounds today also suggested that the reason WWE has decided to refrain from using the "Broken" gimmick is not due to legal reasons, but simply because Vince McMahon is not a fan of the characters. McMahon has a history of being only lukewarm to any ideas that were created outside of WWE. However, this report also went on to suggest that Vince has sort of changed his mind after witnessing first hand at the reaction the gimmick is getting at live events.

-- Finally, one rumor we've heard is that WWE will transition the Hardys into the Broken gimmick after they lose the tag team titles, which would serve as the catalyst for Matt going broken.

-- It's also possible at that time that WWE will split the brothers and have them compete in singles match as it is no secret that WWE officials see Jeff Hardy as a potential singles star while also eyeing programs for Matt Hardy, including one against Bray Wyatt.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
-- As noted before, WWE is tentatively planning on moving forward with the "Broken" gimmick, but it is all dependent on continued negotiations with Anthem/Impact on usage of the trademark.

-- One report suggested that Anthem is after ongoing royalties and a cut of merchandise sales, whereas WWE would rather just buy it out with a lump sum payment.

-- An article making the rounds today also suggested that the reason WWE has decided to refrain from using the "Broken" gimmick is not due to legal reasons, but simply because Vince McMahon is not a fan of the characters. McMahon has a history of being only lukewarm to any ideas that were created outside of WWE. However, this report also went on to suggest that Vince has sort of changed his mind after witnessing first hand at the reaction the gimmick is getting at live events.

-- Finally, one rumor we've heard is that WWE will transition the Hardys into the Broken gimmick after they lose the tag team titles, which would serve as the catalyst for Matt going broken.

-- It's also possible at that time that WWE will split the brothers and have them compete in singles match as it is no secret that WWE officials see Jeff Hardy as a potential singles star while also eyeing programs for Matt Hardy, including one against Bray Wyatt.

not a fan of it, but i'll give it a shot. but i doubt that gimmick will be better in the WWE.
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
not a fan of it, but i'll give it a shot. but i doubt that gimmick will be better in the WWE.

Bray vs Broken Matt would be fun.
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:

Bray vs Broken Matt would be fun.

Let's hope Jeff doesnt screw up his second solo opportunity to main event.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
In not so surprising news:

WWE currently has no plans for Paige in any storylines moving forward even after she is recovered from neck surgery.

The likely reason for this is because all that has happened with her video/picture leaks as well as her association with Alberto El Patron, the most recent incident being Alberto's Periscope videos where he continually insulted Triple H and WWE.

The only thing that could really change her standing in WWE's eyes is The Rock's upcoming movie about her, but it's also fair to wonder if Paige herself wants to even come back. Returning to WWE in a full-time capacity would no doubt affect her relationship with Alberto as she would be traveling on the road every week.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Does Miz work for ESPN when he has time? I've been seeing him a lot on Sports Nation lately.
Ouch. Looks like Asuka will be holding on to that NXT womens title a bit longer:

Ember Moon may have suffered an injury at tonight's WWE NXT TV tapings from Full Sail University.

A battle royal to crown a new #1 contender to NXT Women's Champion Asuka was taped for the May 17th episode. We have full spoilers on how the match ended at this link. We also have a spoiler on Asuka's challenger for "Takeover: Chicago" at this link.

During the match, Ember was knocked from the top rope to the floor. Our correspondent noted that she essentially did a suicide dive and nailed the guardrail with her shoulder. The match soon ended while Ember was seen crying at ringside. She was helped to the back by referees and medics.

Stay tuned for updates on Ember's status.

[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Apr 21, 2017 at 11:58 PM ]
WTF .lol suicide dive for no damn reason. I like Asuka anyways.
Originally posted by jrg:

Da fuq?

• jrg
  • Veteran
Cody Rhodes reveals his original plans for the WWE Draft Split

"We heard talk of a another Draft Split for a few years and it was finally coming. At one point the plan was for me to be myself Cody Rhodes on one brand and Stardust on the other brand"

"I thought it was a great idea, they got what they wanted and I would get what I wanted. Unfortunately everyone wanted to do it except for one person who will remain nameless. But that one person has the main vote

Da fuq?

shes such a slut. lol
Cody Rhodes reveals his original plans for the WWE Draft Split

"We heard talk of a another Draft Split for a few years and it was finally coming. At one point the plan was for me to be myself Cody Rhodes on one brand and Stardust on the other brand"

"I thought it was a great idea, they got what they wanted and I would get what I wanted. Unfortunately everyone wanted to do it except for one person who will remain nameless. But that one person has the main vote

That would have been kinda cool.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
alexas the s**t

• jrg
  • Veteran

"fake" scars lol
[ Edited by jrg on Apr 24, 2017 at 11:08 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone