There are 239 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I might watch Impact thursday, Investor to be revealed. Maybe a Face in TNA as authority.

I love these two. Good wrestlers from ROH.

it could be jeff jarrett.

That'd be interesting. Since he supposedly "Resigned" from TNA. Might be a work and part of the storyline. I kinda hope so. Jarrett was always one of my favorite WCW guys.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fropwns:
Plus, WWE is building serious heat on HHH. You guys are evening feeding it, I love it. HHH guys? lol, they are all HHH guys! He runs the company, bros! Look years and years ago, I got so fumed that they buried Sting forever against Flair--classic Face vs. Heel chase. They've done it time and time again. People fed the Vince thing with Stone Cold (aided greatly by the screwjob on the Hitman) or anyone else in his way. I have no doubt there are real beefs, but WWE has not failed, but only grown. s**t, they are launching their own network.

Bryan will get his, but headlining Wrestlemania XXX? Facing the Taker? If he does, Bryan had better win because his character GAINS NOTHING by losing. I mean really reexamine the idea of Bryan against Taker and winning. Also, what about Lesnar? Bryan is cool and all, but I just don't see it. I could be wrong, but s**t, Bryan over Taker?

Bryan should be facing Lesnar for the title at Mania. It's a classic David vs Goliath story, with Bryans fans getting their overdue moment of him winning and 70k + chanting YES! as the show goes off the air. With a supporting card of Taker vs Cena, HHH vs Punk and Batista vs Orton it can deliver on every level.

If the plan though was Bryan vs Taker, with the story being Bryan is Taker's handpicked opponent then Bryan gains a lot. While I would not advocate him beating Taker unless Taker plans to retire he still gets a hell of a rub for being a part of a major WM tradition. If he beats Taker and given how The Authority has held him back he can get right in Hunter's face and claim he did something that Hunter failed to do twice...something HBK, Ric Flair, CM Punk and many others could never do : He ended the streak.

But by him losing to Taker, he can still gain something. Post match Taker can raise his hand and maybe even lead the crowd in Yes chants. More importantly, Taker can call out HHH on Raw post mania and put over Bryan as the toughest challenger to the streak he ever faced, tougher than HBK or HHH. It puts Bryan over strong, and could even set a foundation for Bryan vs HHH at Summerslam for the title with Hunter not believing in the YES movement but ultimately succumbing to it and putting Bryan over.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by ads_2006:
First PPV, I've actively watched in YEARS. No new surprises. WCW/NWA/WWE all conservative in their planning. Roman Reigns can go, doe. You guys got to understand this is about buy rates, which encompasses more than the people that go to the shows or PPVs. You do not place Reigns in the Main Event at Wrestlemania XXX. Maybe CM Punk, but not Reigns. Not yet.

They are building Reigns. I can see it already. Have faith. He'll be around for a long while. Batista gets the Rock treatment this time around. I wonder about Hogan and Sting.

Main event at WM is not always the Championship Match

If sting actually signs with WWE and they build it the proper way, could have been main event with taker.

They have had several years of double Main Events. HHH vs. Orton, HBK vs. Taker comes to mind.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
First PPV, I've actively watched in YEARS. No new surprises. WCW/NWA/WWE all conservative in their planning. Roman Reigns can go, doe. You guys got to understand this is about buy rates, which encompasses more than the people that go to the shows or PPVs. You do not place Reigns in the Main Event at Wrestlemania XXX. Maybe CM Punk, but not Reigns. Not yet.

They are building Reigns. I can see it already. Have faith. He'll be around for a long while. Batista gets the Rock treatment this time around. I wonder about Hogan and Sting.

Main event at WM is not always the Championship Match

If sting actually signs with WWE and they build it the proper way, could have been main event with taker.

They have had several years of double Main Events. HHH vs. Orton, HBK vs. Taker comes to mind.

The main event will be whatever match Bryan is in.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Plus, WWE is building serious heat on HHH. You guys are evening feeding it, I love it. HHH guys? lol, they are all HHH guys! He runs the company, bros! Look years and years ago, I got so fumed that they buried Sting forever against Flair--classic Face vs. Heel chase. They've done it time and time again. People fed the Vince thing with Stone Cold (aided greatly by the screwjob on the Hitman) or anyone else in his way. I have no doubt there are real beefs, but WWE has not failed, but only grown. s**t, they are launching their own network.

Bryan will get his, but headlining Wrestlemania XXX? Facing the Taker? If he does, Bryan had better win because his character GAINS NOTHING by losing. I mean really reexamine the idea of Bryan against Taker and winning. Also, what about Lesnar? Bryan is cool and all, but I just don't see it. I could be wrong, but s**t, Bryan over Taker?

Bryan should be facing Lesnar for the title at Mania. It's a classic David vs Goliath story, with Bryans fans getting their overdue moment of him winning and 70k + chanting YES! as the show goes off the air. With a supporting card of Taker vs Cena, HHH vs Punk and Batista vs Orton it can deliver on every level.

If the plan though was Bryan vs Taker, with the story being Bryan is Taker's handpicked opponent then Bryan gains a lot. While I would not advocate him beating Taker unless Taker plans to retire he still gets a hell of a rub for being a part of a major WM tradition. If he beats Taker and given how The Authority has held him back he can get right in Hunter's face and claim he did something that Hunter failed to do twice...something HBK, Ric Flair, CM Punk and many others could never do : He ended the streak.

But by him losing to Taker, he can still gain something. Post match Taker can raise his hand and maybe even lead the crowd in Yes chants. More importantly, Taker can call out HHH on Raw post mania and put over Bryan as the toughest challenger to the streak he ever faced, tougher than HBK or HHH. It puts Bryan over strong, and could even set a foundation for Bryan vs HHH at Summerslam for the title with Hunter not believing in the YES movement but ultimately succumbing to it and putting Bryan over.
But hasn't the Taker already done that during a non-streak match. Do you remember this:

There was an early match between Taker years ago, I cannot find the clip, but Cena keeps coming even though he had lost. Taker is about to hit him again, stops, shakes his head, and lifts Cena's arm.

I think by continuing to bury Bryan, HHH is just building the YES chants. My point is, he does not need the Undertaker match. He is way over. No need for it.
- F4Wonline.com reports that despite everything that went down, or didn't go down, at the Royal Rumble last night, WWE is still planning on pushing Daniel Bryan in a big way.
  • evil
  • Veteran
But hasn't the Taker already done that during a non-streak match. Do you remember this:

There was an early match between Taker years ago, I cannot find the clip, but Cena keeps coming even though he had lost. Taker is about to hit him again, stops, shakes his head, and lifts Cena's arm.

I think by continuing to bury Bryan, HHH is just building the YES chants. My point is, he does not need the Undertaker match. He is way over. No need for it.

I agree he does not need the Taker match but IMO it's the best consolation prize to not being in the World Title match and would be a great stepping stone, win or lose, to building to Bryan winning the title at Extreme Rules.
The only thing I didn't like about the PPV was that every match outcome was too predictable. Even Wyatt over Bryan was easy to call. Bryan didn't need the win because he could lose every match for the rest of the year and still be the biggest star. Wyatt needed it to push him for his WM main event against Cena. Even without the title I wouldn't be surprised to see that close the show. They had to keep Lesnar looking unstoppable for his feud with Undertaker. New Age Outlaws got the titles as a bridge to The Uso's. Everyone knew that Orton and Batista would win.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
The only thing I didn't like about the PPV was that every match outcome was too predictable. Even Wyatt over Bryan was easy to call. Bryan didn't need the win because he could lose every match for the rest of the year and still be the biggest star. Wyatt needed it to push him for his WM main event against Cena. Even without the title I wouldn't be surprised to see that close the show. They had to keep Lesnar looking unstoppable for his feud with Undertaker. New Age Outlaws got the titles as a bridge to The Uso's. Everyone knew that Orton and Batista would win.

I understand the clean pin in the Wyatt match as a means to push him. That made sense and actually that match was the best match of the PPV. But from a Rumble PPV perspective, not even have Bryan in the rumble at all was a poor decision. Put him in there and make Batista look better in ring. Seen the rumor about the big backstage plans for Bryan, but why skip out on one of your biggest PPVs of the year?

Also, no surprise backstage management is pissed at Batista for his off camera reaction to the crowd.

my buddy ordered the ppv last night. it started off so good with the tag match followed by the bryan/wyatt match. then it just went downhill. i wonder if big show was pissed after that "match".

oh and just like the rest of you, i was pissed with the rumble. no DB/punk "eliminated" by someone that was already eliminated/Zigg getting barely any time/ JBL's wasted spot/no one gives a s**t about Mysterio/Batista.

no ones gonna care about Batista/Orton/Authority. everyone's gonna care about DB, Punk, Shield, Cena/Wyatts

"I don't understand why everyone is so upset, considering they got exactly what was advertised and everyone predicted. #RoyalRumble @WWEDanielBryan was not advertised in the Rumble, no one booked in other matches on PPV were booked in the Rumble it was promoted that way. The current @WWEDanielBryan situation reminds me of Jerry Lynn vs RVD in ECW. By having him lose fans got more behind him "New F'N Show" If you want to send a message Chanting won't do it. Watch only @WWEDanielBryan segments on RAW, turn other segs off. That's a message. I'm a huge fan of @WWEDanielBryan I'm just pointing out that chanting and b***hing online isn't the way to accomplish what you want."

-Lance Storm
I might watch Impact thursday, Investor to be revealed. Maybe a Face in TNA as authority.

That'd be interesting. Since he supposedly "Resigned" from TNA. Might be a work and part of the storyline. I kinda hope so. Jarrett was always one of my favorite WCW guys.

I've heard rumors the investor is supposed to be former WWE star MVP
Originally posted by 228niner:

I've heard rumors the investor is supposed to be former WWE star MVP

He is scheduled to debut in Glasgow I guess so that wouldnt surprise me.

LMAO!!
WTF?
Share 49ersWebzone