There are 136 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
That shouldn't hinder a guy's progress in the WWE ranks especially when he's really over with the crowd. Just b/c Orton is Hunter's boy doesn't mean he doesn't deserve some flack here and there especially with his past. Vince has such a hard time letting younger guys get pushed its just ridiculous its just like Daniel Bryan when he came in on NXT and had Cole and everybody else ripping the guy apart even though he obviously was the best signing they've done since CM Punk. Those two deserve their fair share of the spotlight up there with the Cenas and Ortons of the WWE and I'm really glad to see that Bryan is probably the best face they have in the company right now.

I am sure his 2nd concussion recently is what is halting Ziggler's push. If this were true about his comments though, I dont blame him. You often dont see a wrestler violate the wellness policy twice and still get pushed like Orton has.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
That shouldn't hinder a guy's progress in the WWE ranks especially when he's really over with the crowd. Just b/c Orton is Hunter's boy doesn't mean he doesn't deserve some flack here and there especially with his past. Vince has such a hard time letting younger guys get pushed its just ridiculous its just like Daniel Bryan when he came in on NXT and had Cole and everybody else ripping the guy apart even though he obviously was the best signing they've done since CM Punk. Those two deserve their fair share of the spotlight up there with the Cenas and Ortons of the WWE and I'm really glad to see that Bryan is probably the best face they have in the company right now.

I am sure his 2nd concussion recently is what is halting Ziggler's push. If this were true about his comments though, I dont blame him. You often dont see a wrestler violate the wellness policy twice and still get pushed like Orton has.

Let's be real, the wellness policy is b******t for PR. It has no real bearing whatsoever. And if it does, it is only reserved for mid-card talent. Is it fair, nope. But Randy Orton is no mid-card talent. He has the ability to make people love or hate him by looking at the camera a certain way. You cannot teach that. Only other person I know that could do that consistently was Hogan. I remember once watching "Hogan knows best", what a worthless show by the way, and HH tells Nick, while teaching him how to wrestle, the point is in a move to not have to repeat it. You want the reaction without having to do it several times. Say what you will about Hogan, but he f**king knows how to perform. So does Orton. He has so much goddamn talent, it comes ridiculously easy for him. When he RKO's someone, it is similar to the stunner. It is quick and effective. Very, very few miscues. Same thing when he is on the mic. If you do not hear him, and instead listen, you will note that 99% of what he says is the same s**t they all say. But, and here is the important point, we don't hear Randy, we listen to him. We listen to his delivery, his rising and falling tone. His almost slithering nature. I mean the motherf**ker at least watched 30 minutes of the Discovery channel one night to get the "Viper" aspect down.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Let's be real, the wellness policy is b******t for PR. It has no real bearing whatsoever. And if it does, it is only reserved for mid-card talent. Is it fair, nope. But Randy Orton is no mid-card talent. He has the ability to make people love or hate him by looking at the camera a certain way. You cannot teach that. Only other person I know that could do that consistently was Hogan. I remember once watching "Hogan knows best", what a worthless show by the way, and HH tells Nick, while teaching him how to wrestle, the point is in a move to not have to repeat it. You want the reaction without having to do it several times. Say what you will about Hogan, but he f**king knows how to perform. So does Orton. He has so much goddamn talent, it comes ridiculously easy for him. When he RKO's someone, it is similar to the stunner. It is quick and effective. Very, very few miscues. Same thing when he is on the mic. If you do not hear him, and instead listen, you will note that 99% of what he says is the same s**t they all say. But, and here is the important point, we don't hear Randy, we listen to him. We listen to his delivery, his rising and falling tone. His almost slithering nature. I mean the motherf**ker at least watched 30 minutes of the Discovery channel one night to get the "Viper" aspect down.

idk Fro. RVD and Sabu messed up and got punished. RVD lost the WWE and ECW belt right away. And he was suspended 30 days.

Orton gets too many chances. HHH plays favorites. Punk and Bryan deserve the pushes, not Orton IMO.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

idk Fro. RVD and Sabu messed up and got punished. RVD lost the WWE and ECW belt right away. And he was suspended 30 days.

Orton gets too many chances. HHH plays favorites. Punk and Bryan deserve the pushes, not Orton IMO.

But you need a heel to every face. Orton is the best heel in the company IMO. Having Orton being champion and "the face of the company" makes it easier to dislike the guy. Everybody has their thing...and Orton is great as a heel. Terrible as a face.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Jim Ross Officially Signs With FOX Sports

link
To piggy-backed fro's point, Orton destroyed that segment with Hunter and Steph on monday. I couldn't believe how good he's got at all the little character nuances. From his breathless rant that he went on when he was b***hing out Steph, to the way he draped the belts over his shoulders as shields when Batista came out. He really nailed it.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

RVD and Sabu? RVD messed up his push to be sure, but he is back with the company, right? Plus, RVD is no Orton. Sabu, great in ECW, not great in WWE. Also, what better way is there to create instant heat on HHH then to play the role of Vince 2.0 and push his favorites. I have no doubt he has favorites, but HHH is a savvy cat, he knows what he is doing.
A lot of good points here. Orton is the best real heel in many years, I can't stand him and that's the point. Obviously he gets special treatment but he's been around for over a decade and proven to be a great asset for the company. He served his suspensions for his violations.

Who else in the company right now counts as a heel? Lesnar gets more of a face pop than heel and he's not full time. Del Rio is a good heal but not on Orton's level. There's talk of Sheamus coming back as a heel which could be good. I think Barrett needs the big heel push.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
A lot of good points here. Orton is the best real heel in many years, I can't stand him and that's the point. Obviously he gets special treatment but he's been around for over a decade and proven to be a great asset for the company. He served his suspensions for his violations.

Who else in the company right now counts as a heel? Lesnar gets more of a face pop than heel and he's not full time. Del Rio is a good heal but not on Orton's level. There's talk of Sheamus coming back as a heel which could be good. I think Barrett needs the big heel push.

THIS!
Originally posted by jrg:
Jim Ross Officially Signs With FOX Sports

link

BAH GAWD THAT SONUVABYTCH JUST SOLD HIS SOUL TO THE DEVIL HIMSELF!

THAT SONOVABYTCH

DAMMIT
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Jan 23, 2014 at 10:43 PM ]

Rumor: WWE Creative looking for ways to introduce Sting.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

@Sting updated his social media sites with the following quote from WCW: "The only thing that's for sure about Sting... is nothing's for sure."

@Sting updated his social media sites with the following quote from WCW: "The only thing that's for sure about Sting... is nothing's for sure."

- While a contract itself hasn't been signed yet, talks between Sting and WWE are so far that they are discussing concepts for him using the name "A Man Called Sting."

Well it looks like Sting is finally gonna do what he should've done when Vince bought WCW. I know everyone has a boner about Undertaker vs Sting but I think that would be a waste.

- While a contract itself hasn't been signed yet, talks between Sting and WWE are so far that they are discussing concepts for him using the name "A Man Called Sting."

Well it looks like Sting is finally gonna do what he should've done when Vince bought WCW. I know everyone has a boner about Undertaker vs Sting but I think that would be a waste.

At this point in their career? Absolutely they're both too old and too beat up.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

At this point in their career? Absolutely they're both too old and too beat up.

both awesome athletes that would still put on a great match imo

haven't followed sting closely lately, but i know the undertaker is and has always been a great athlete
Share 49ersWebzone